Разработка урока по английскому языку
Для 5 класса на тему :
Traditional Ukrainian Food.
учитель английского языка сош №35
Г. Николаев 2015
Тема : Украинская кухня
Цели: закрепление новой лексики по теме «Традиции украинской национальной кухни».
Совершенствование умений и навыков практического владения английским языком по данной теме по всем видам речевой деятельности: аудированию, говорению, чтению и письму.
Расширение общего и лингвистического кругозора у учащихся.
Воспитание уважения к истории своей страны, ее традициям и обычаям.
Оборудование: учебник. Презентация, тетрадь, карточки для самостоятельной работы
T: Good morning children, how are you today?
Pls: we are fine, thank you
Aim: The objective of our lesson is “National cuisine”. We are going to speak about the peculiarities and traditional dishes in Ukraine today.
II. Phonetic drills: Team game
T: But we are going to start with proverbs about food and meals. You can see at the blackboard some of them. Please, take a proverb and translate it. (Учащиеся подходят к доске снимают по одной табличке с английскими поговорками и переводят их) Приложение №1
III. The main body
1) Consolidation of the learnt lexics
T: OK, Let’s revise the words. Here are some words. You should complete the table. Work in your groups please.
1) The first group- SWEETS THINGS AND FAST FOOD-are for you
2) The second group- FRUIT AND VEGETABLES are for you
3) The third group: MEAT AND SEA PRODUCTS are for you
Meat Sea products
WORDS: apple, banana, hamburger, pie, jam, turkey, carrot, cucumber, chicken, chips, herring, pizza, ice cream, beef, potato, goose, sausage, salmon, orange, cheeseburger, roll, carp, duck, beetroot, cake, apricot, tomato, sandwich, tuna, caviar, pineapple, crab, onion, grapes, marmalade, popcorn.
T. Thank you. Well done
2) Role play
T: Dear boys and girls as we know our food is very tasty, varied and delicious. Just imagine that a friend of yours has come from England and you want to describe him some popular Ukrainian dishes. But first he wants to ask you some questions about your favorite dishes.
An Englishman: Boys and girls tell me please what you know about Ukrainian cuisine?
P1: Ukrainian cuisine is very rich.
An Englishman: What are the best known Ukrainian traditional dishes?
P2: The most popular Ukrainian dishes are borsch, varenyki, holubtsi, banosh which is usually eaten at the western part of Ukraine, bograch.
An Englishman: What do you prefer to eat for desserts?
P3: We prefer pancakes or syrnyki with sour cream and fruit.
An Englishman: What is traditional Ukrainian drink?
P4: Ukrainian people and children of course like to drink uzvar and compot.
An Englishman: Thank you very much for your answers.
3) Presentation of the recipes
An Englishman: I know that you have prepared some of your favorite recipes. Let’s listen to them.
(The pupils with the high level of knowledge received the task to present the recipes of their favorite Ukrainian dish)
Pupils come one by one to the blackboard and present their recipes. The rest of the class listen to them attentively and define whose presentation they like most and why. (Приложение №2 СЛАЙД№3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
After presentation pupils share their opinions.
T: Thank you very much for your recipes I think that our English guest will try all the dishes you mentioned.
T: Do you like our Ukrainian food?
Pls: Certainly we do
T: Do you want to know what foreigners think about it? Imagine that you are translators and listen to the girl’s opinion (pupils watch the video and tell what they have understood. Приложение №3)
T: And now I want to know who was the most attentive tell me please what food was mentioned by the girl.
P1: The girl told about bread-she thinks that it is very delicious.
P2: She mentioned Ukrainian borsch, and explained how it is served.
P3: The girl told us about varenyki, pirozki (baked and fried)
5) Project work. (in groups)
T: And now I see that you‘ve learnt all the names of Ukrainian food and dishes. I want to propose you to make up menus for the restaurant.
1) The first group will present Ukrainian food for Christmas.
2) The second group will present Ukrainian food for Easter.
3) The third group will present Ukrainian food for a Birthday Party.
Pupils think a little and then propose their menus
1) Christmas in Ukraine is very important family holiday and it is celebrated on January 7. Holly Eve or Svyatii vechir is celebrated with specific food. There are 12 of them. They are:
2. Compote with dried fruits.
3. Fried fish.
4. Meatless borscht.
5. Cabbage with mushrooms.
6. Cabbage rolls with rice and stewed carrots.
7. Porridge with mushroom sauce.
8. Salad of beets and herring.
9. Salad with cucumbers, cabbage and onions.
10. Bean cakes.
11. Bean with black pepper, green dill, tomato paste and oil.
12. Boiled potatoes.
2) Easter is one of the most joyful and beautiful religious holidays. This holiday is one of the most important in our country. There are number of special dishes which are cooked only at Easter.
1. Easter cake (‘Kulich’)
2. Cottage cake (Tvorozhnaya paska)
3. Painted eggs (‘Krashanki’)
5. Home sausages (kolbosa po domashnemy)
3) For a Birthday Party we usually have “sweet table” for birthday.
1. Fruit salad
2. Birthday cake
5. Pirohi with cherries
Good pupils well done! Thank you for the lesson. Thank you for your answers and your creative work. I’ll give you good and excellent marks
V. Home task
P 71, ex8 Read the letter given below and write down Sue’s answer to it
Appetite comes with eating. Аппетит приходит во время еды
Too much butter is won’t spoil the porridge. Кашу маслом не испортишь.
He that will not work shall not eat. Кто не работает, тот не ест
Man shall not live by bread alone. Не хлебом единым жив человек
Not enough salt is hardly a fault,
but too much salt is cook’s fault. Недосол на столе, пересол на спине.
The first pancake is always lumpy Первый блин всегда комом.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|