This one or that one?
Тренировка произносительных навыков.
Повторение лексического материала по теме « Одежда».
Предъявление новой лексики по теме « Магазины промышленных товаров».
знакомство с новым грамматическим правилом ( слова-заместители существительных)
Повторение грамматического материала ( указательные местоимения).
развитие навыков чтения и аудирования с целью получения конкретной информации.
развитие навыков говорения и письма.
Pupils answer the following questions:
1). Who usually goes shopping in your family?
2). Do you often go shopping?
3). When did you go shopping last time?
4). Who did you go shopping with?
5). What new things did you buy?
6). What size shoes do you wear?
7). So you usually try shoes (jeans…)on (примерять) before you buy them?
8). What colour shoes (jeans…) do you like to wear?
9). How do you usually choose things before you buy them?
10). What do you usually wear at home?
11). What do you wear when you go to school?
12). What do you wear when it’s cold (warm)?
( Pupils can be divided into 3 groups. In each group any pupil can choose a question and interview his groupmaters.)
Teacher. Let’s sing this wonderful rhime-song!
AT A LOSS
( в растерянности)
Where, where do they sell dolls?
Where, where are the dolls sold?
Where, where do they sell bolls?
Where, where are the bolls sold?
Where, where can I buy toys?
Where, where are the toys sold?
Where are toys for girls and boys sold?
Where, where? I am not told.
How much, how much are dolls?
How much, how much are bolls?
How much are toys? Are they cheap or dear?
I have no idea, no idea.
Teacher. Today we’ll learn this funny poem. We are going to visit a lot of shops ( a toy chop, a sports shop, a music shop, a clothes shop, etc) at this lesson. So, this poem will be useful for us.
I suggest that we pop
That we pop into the shop,
Into the shop which is called
Which is called the “CHILDREN’S WORLD’’
Guess the riddles, please.
Two deep wells full by day, empty at night. ( high boots)
A flower planted on the hand, that blossoms when it rains. ( an umbrella)
When you look around you on a cold winter morning, what do you see on every hand? ( a glove)
Teacher. Now I’d like to know who is the best in translating the words on the topic “ Clothes”.
We’ll play the game “Harry chance” ( счастливый случай). You should quickly translate the words in English.
T: Шорты, кроссовки, майка, теплый спортивный костюм, лосины, кепка.
P1: Shorts, trainers, T-shirt, tracksuit, leggings, baseball cap.
T: Рабочие брюки, джинсы, куртки из хлопчато-бумажной ткани, туфли на плоской подошве, шарф, мини-юбка, галстук-бабочка, вечернее платье, туфли на высоком каблуке.
P2: Dungarees, jeans, denim jacket, flat-shoes, a scarf, miniskirt, bo9w tie, evening dress, high-heeled shoes!
T: Thank you! You are the winner!
Now let us see. Can you write these words? Complete the spidergrams. ( Pupils are divided into 3 teams.)
The spidergram “ Clothes for gym”
T-shirt Gym tracksuit
baseball cap leggins
The spidergram “ Clothes for school”
suit jeans shirt
skirt School waistcoat
tie V-neck jumper denim jacket
The spidergram “ Clothes for party”
silk scarf high-heeled shoes
Pupils do this task in their cards.
3. Vocabulary building (writing).
Teacher. There are a lot of songs about shops. But why not write a new one?
Choose the words from the box and
a) match the shops and goods.
a sports shop
a music shop
a clothes shop
a shoe shop
a newspaper shop
Example: 1) to the clothes shop to buy a dress
2) to the music shop to buy a guitar
3) to the toy shop to buy some games
4) to the sports shop to buy a bicycle
5) to the newspaper shop to buy some magazines
b) Write a song about a shop you like and things you can buy there.
Teacher. These words substitute nouns after adjectives and demonstrative pronouns this/that, these/those.
Example: - Do you like this hate or that one?
I don’t like yellow trousers.
What about black ones’?
Teacher. What would you like to have or buy? Match!
1) What colour car would you like? a) a red one
2) What sort of house would you like? b) modern ones
3) What kind of flat would you like to live in? c) a big one
4) What shoes would you like to have? d) a comfortable one
5) What kind of eyes are ideal for you? e) big and blue ones
6) What flowers do you like? f) yellow ones
7) What kind of biscuits do you like? g) chocolate ones
Grammar revision. Demonstrative Pronouns ( указательные местоимения)
Singular this (этот, эта)
Singular that ( тот, та)
Plural these (эти)
Plural those ( те)
4. Reading/listening ( for detail)
Teacher. Jane and her mother went to a shoe shop one day.
Have a look at the pictures, put in this/that/these/those. What kind of slippers did they buy?
- We are looking for a pair of slippers.
- We’re got a lot. What kind of slippers would you like?
- Some of (those) please. On (that) top shelf.
- OK. Would you like the black slippers or the brown ones?
- The black ones, I think.
- What about (this) pair?
- Oh, (these) are too baring. May I try on (those) on the left shelf?
- Yes, here they are.
- Super! They are just what I wanted, Mum!
- How much are they?
- Three roubles.
- All right. We’ll take them.
- Thanks, Mum
2) Pupils read the dialogue and put in correct demonstrative pronouns.
3) Then they answer the question: What kind of slippers did they buy?
Example: P1: They bought red slippers.
4) After that pupils listen to the dialogue to check their work.
VI. Reading (for the main idea)
1. Pre-reading activity.
Teacher. To buy different things people go to different shops.
1) Put one/ones where necessary, then listen to the check.
2) Answer the question: what shop did a Russian boy Boris go to buy a souvenir?
- I’d like a T-shirt, please!
- We’ve got a lot of T-shirts. What kind of shirt would you like?
- The (one) like those in the window display.
- Would you like the red shirt, the yellow shirt or the green (one)?
- The red (one).
- This (one)?
- No, not this (one), but that (one) with the picture.
- Yes, that’s right. May I try it on?
- Yes, please… Here is it?
- It’s too big. Have you got a smaller (one)?
- No, we’ve got these shirts only in big sizes, I’m afraid.
- Too bad! Well, thanks for your help. Good buy!
Pupils read the dialogue and put in one/ones where necessary and then they listen to the dialogue to check their work.
3. Post-reading activity ( speaking/listening)
1) Pupils answer the question given before the text.
Example: P1: Boris went to buy a souvenir to the clothes shop.
2Pupils listen to the dialogue once more and answer the 2rd question: “What was Boris going to buy as a souvenir from Krasnodar?”
Example: P2: He was going to buy a red T-shirt.
VII. listening/reading ( for specific information).
Teacher. A tourist is buying something as a souvenir in Krasnodar.
1) Listen to the dialogue and choose from the suggestions below.
2) Answer the question: What is he buying?
- Can I help you?
- Yes, please, I’m looking for a book.
- What about?
- About animals.
- I see. What about this one?
- That looks nice. May I look at it?
- Yes, sure, is it all right?
- No, it’s too childish. I think. Have you got another one, please?
- Yes, we have. Here you are.
- Oh, yes! It’s great! How much?
- It costs two roubles.
- It’s not too expensive. I’ll take it.
- Here you are.
- Thank you.
Pupils listen to the dialogue and choose from the suggestions below.
1. Post-listening activities ( reading).
1) Pupils read out the conversation that took place.
2) They listen to the conversation again to check.
3) They answer the question given before listening: “What is he buying?”
Example: P3: A tourist is buying a book about animals as a souvenir in Krasnodar.
VIII. Speaking (Dialogue speech)
Teacher. In real life we buy things for different occasions. Imagine you are in Krasnodar region and you want to buy something as a souvenir. Make up a dialogue between a tourist and a shopkeeper.
P1 (shopkeeper) : Can I help you?
P2 (tourist) : Yes, please, I’m looking for any toy as a souvenir.
P1 : We’ve got a lot! What kind of toys would you like?
P2: Some of those, please, on that top shelf!
P1: ok. I see. You’d like to buy Teddy Bears! What about this one?
P2: That looks nice. May I look at it?
P1: Yes, sure. Here you are!
P2: It’s super! How much?
P1: It costs 3 roubles.
P2: I think it’s not too expensive. I’ll take it!
P1: Here you are. Thanks.
IX. The conclusion of the lesson.
Compose the conversation between a tourist and a shopkeeper.