Открытый урок английского языка
Тема:”The pleasure of reading”
Цели урока: активизировать речемыслительную деятельность обучающихся,
закрепить лексический материал по теме,
развивать навыки аудирования,
воспитывать художественный вкус,
прививать интерес к чтению,
расширять знания об английской и американской литературе.
обучение рецептивным видам деятельности,
формирование и развитие коммуникативных умений .
расширение эрудиции обучающихся, их общего кругозора.
формирование уважения и интереса к стране изучаемого языка,
воспитание интереса к учению,
формирование потребности в практическом использовании языка.
Оборудование: проектор, портреты британских и американских писателей, выставка книг английских и
американских писателей на английском языке, музыка песни “My Bonny”, цитата о важности чтения:
“ The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you’ll go.”
2.Warming up ( беседа по теме: ”Чтение в моей жизни”.
3.Проверка домашнего задания (стихотворение “Bookland”).
4.Закончи высказывание:”Books help and teach me to…”.(работа в парах).
5.Игра: составь и прочитай цитаты известных людей о
чтении. (работа в группах)
6.Игра:”Знаешь ли ты писателей и их произведения”.
(работа в группах).
7. Проектная работа. Чтение отрывков из известных произведений и определение их названий.
8.Сценка из произведения Марка Твена ”Том Сойер”.
9.Кроссворд об известных английских и американских писателях.
10. Рассказ о В. Шекспире.
11.Высказывания по теме:”My favourite writer”, “My
favourite book”, “My favourite poem”.
12.Составление диалога “At the Library”.
13. Исполнение песни .
1.Good morning, boys and girls. I’m glad to see you at our lesson. The topic of our lesson is ”The Pleasure of
Reading”. Today we’ll speak about your reading habits,
the importance of reading and about English and American writers.
2. All people have different reading habits: some can’t live without reading, others don’t read at all except TV
programme. And what about you?
How much time do you spend on reading?
What kind of reading do you prefer: do you like
reading books, newspapers, magazines?
Do you read books only for your Russian Literature classes or do you do any extra reading?
How old were you when you began reading? Do you
remember what was the first book you read?
Do you collect books? How many books do you have at home?
What does reading do for you? Is it an important part of your life?
What is a book for you?
3. Books are our friends. We must take care of them.
Listen to the poem “Bookland” by Barbara Walker.
Since books are friends,
They need much care.
When you are reading them,
Be good to them and fair.
Use book mark, children,
To hold your place.
And don’t turn a look
Upon its clear face.
Remember, children, then:
Books are meant to read
Not to cut or colour them
No, really never indeed!
4. Now you should say what book is for you. Finish the
phrase: ”Books help and teach me to…”
a).discover new things
b) explore new ideas
c) expand outlook
e) learn more about history of our country
f) solve lifetime problems
g) escape from everyday problems
h)feel good and make fun
i) entertain myself
j) feel comfortable
k) spend free time and relax
l) get information
m) not to be alone
n) not to be bored
5.There are some quotations of famous people about reading. But they are mixed. Please, make up sentences and translate them ( a group work)
A. I / live /cannot/reading/ without ( Thomas Jefferson)
B. Words/ the voice/are /of the /heart/(Confucius)
C. Reading/to the mind/ is/what exercise/ is/ to the body/ (Richard Steel)
D.A library/ a hospital/ is/ mind/ for the/ ( Anonymous)
E. Reading/ is a basic tool/ of a good life/ in the living./
(Mortimer G. Adler)
F. A book/ is/ a garden/ in the / pocket/ (Chinese proverb).
6. Now we’ll see if you know authors and their books.
Match the following works and their authors.( работа в группах)
2.The Happy Prince
5. Tom Sawyer
6.Uncle Tom’s Cabin
8. Martin Eden
10.The Invisible Man
11.My Heart’s in the High-
12.Alice in Wonderland
13. Jungle book
7.At home you’ve prepared covers of some famous English books. Read extracts from these books. Tell me, please, what books are these extracts from? (см.
8. Now you’ll see the scene from the novel by a famous
American writer. Do you know what novel is this scene from? (“Tom Sawyer” by M. Twain)
9. A crossword and a quiz about the famous British and
An English writer who was born in Ireland in 1667. His novel ”The Gulliver’s Travel” is known all over the world. (Jonathan Swift)
An English writer, the master of detective stories. She was called “A Queen of Crime”. She wrote78 crime novels. Her books have been translated into 103 languages. Her well- known characters were Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple.( Agatha Christie)
3.A famous English children’s writer. Her first book
appeared in1865. It was a fairy-tale about a small girl and
her adventures in wonderful land. (Lewis Caroll)
4.An English writer who was born in India where his stories and poems were set. One of his books was called
“ The Jungle Book” where the main hero is Mawgli.
5. He was the professor of Literature and English and became famous as the author of famous children’s books:
“Hobbit” and “The Lord of Rings.” (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien).
6.The famous English novelist who lived and worked in Scotland. He wrote adventure books: “Rob Roy”, “Ivanhoe” and others. (Walter Scott)
7. An American writer, the master of short detective stories. ( Edgar Allan Poe).
8.A British writer who was born in Scotland and created
a famous fictional character – the detective Sherlock Holmes.(Sir Arthur Conan Doyle).
9.This American writer is called the Father of American
literature. All American literature comes from one of his
book called “Huckelberry Finn”.( Mark Twain).
10.A modern English writer, she was born in 1965, she wrote her first book at 5 or 6 years old. Her first book about Harry Potter was published in 1997. At that time she won recognition.( J.K.Rowling).
11. The famous English writer who wrote humorous books. The best known and the most famous is “The Three Men in a Boat to Say Nothing of a Dog”. (Jerome K. Jerome).
Фамилии писателей с 1 по 11 записываются по горизонтали, а из выделенных букв по вертикали составляется 12.
12. His name is famous all over the world.( William
10. Pupils tell about W. Shakespeare and his works.
11.One minute speaking. Pupils have only one minute to tell about their favourite writer, favourite book, favourite poem.
Some of them recite the poem “ My Heart’s in the Highlands” by Robert Burns.
12. «At the Library»
1.Hello, zhenya, are you waiting to take out a book?
2.Yes, I am,but I must give back this book first.
1. Oh, let me see it! What is it?
2. It is a book written by Conan Doyle. He is a one of my favourite authors
1. My favourite writer is Jack London. His novels about North are so beautiful.
2. Which English poet do you like?
1. My favourite English poet is Robert Burns. I like to recite his poem «My Heart’s in the Highlands»
2. I prefer to read poems Russion poets.
13. At the end of our lesson we’ll sing a song about books (to the tune of “My Bonny is Over the Ocean”)
1. My books are just standing on bookshelves. That I’m always happy to read. My favourite’s under my pillow. The English book is what I need.
Chorus: Read books, read books,
They were invented to read, to read,
Read books, read books,
English book is what I need.
2.The book that was written in English Improves your knowledge as well, At teaches your lexics and grammar And how the English words spell.
14. Marks for the lesson are……
Our homework is to lean the poem “A Red, Red Rose” by R. Burns.
I hope you understand that without books our life will be boring. Read good books, enjoy them and think.