3rd Period (10:15—11:00)
Topic: “Christmas and New Year”.
1) Answer questions about time.
2) Answer question, “What do you want for Christmas?”
3) Indentify Christmas vocabulary words.
4) Read the story of Christmas and answer questions from the text. 5) Create their present lists for Santa Claus.
1) Teacher will ask the class questions about the time:
1. What day is it today?
2. What day was it yesterday?
3. What day will it be tomorrow?
4. What is today’s date?
5. What month is it now?
6. What was last month?
7. What will be next month?
2) Have students write the date in their copybooks.
3) Ball Toss: “What do you want for Christmas?”
1. Teacher will throw a ball to a student and ask the question, “What do you want for Christmas?”
3. Students will say, “I want...”
4. After the student answer the question, the student will toss the ball to the next student and repeat the same question to that student.
1. New vocabulary
1. Merry Christmas!, Happy Holidays!, Santa Claus, Christmas tree, stockings, Christmas ornaments, Mistletoe, Presents, Christmas list, Carols, and naughty
1. Vocabulary game: Word scramble.
1, ESERTSPN-Presents , KOSCSGINT-stockings , OCSRAL-Carols , ISTGF-Gifts , TIEMOELST-Mistletoe , MNOANTRSE-Ornaments , UYNAGTH-Naughty, SACMHSRTI-Christmas , ANSATN LUCAS-Santa Claus
2. Christmas Story with vocabulary
1. Teacher will give each student a sheet of paper with the story of Christmas.
2. The teacher will have students read the story.
3. Students will answer questions from the text.
Christmas is a very popular holiday in America. Christmas is on December 25th. The Christmas season starts the day after Thanksgiving. Everybody says,”Merry Christmas!” or “Happy Holidays!” to each other. During the Christmas season, people sing Christmas carols to people. A favorite Christmas tradition is having a Christmas tree. People decorate the Christmas tree with lights and ornaments. It is also popular to put presents under the tree.
On Christmas day, presents are exchanged between people. People also hang stockings over chimneys. Small presents and candies are place inside the stockings. Another favorite tradition is the mistletoe. The mistletoe is a plant that is hung from a doorway. It is customary for two people to kiss under the mistletoe.
Santa Claus is a popular figure in Christmas stories. He brings children presents on Christmas Eve. If you are nice, you will get a present from Santa Claus. If you are naughty, you will get coal for Christmas. Christmas is a wonderful time of the year to celebrate it with family and friends!
1. What day is Christmas on? December 25th in America and Europe, January 7th in Ukraine
2. Name three Christmas traditions. Mistletoe, presents, Christmas tree, ornaments, and stockings.
3. What are popular Christmas greetings? “Merry Christmas!” and “Happy Holidays!”
4. What happens under mistletoe? Two people kissed.
5. Who brings presents to children on Christmas Eve? Santa Claus
6. What happens if a child is naughty? He/She will get coal, no presents.
1. Creating a present’s list for Santa Claus
1. The class will write down 5 presents they want from Santa Claus for Christmas.
2. Teacher will help individual students translate if they don’t the words in English.
3. After the class finishes writing their list, each student will present their list to the class.
Home work: learn new vocabulary and create 5 sentences about Christmas and New Year
Номер материала: ДВ-069585
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: