• The theme of the lesson: Food for thought
• The aim of the lesson:
• 1. Educational: to introduce thematic words, and to read the text.
• 2. Breeding: to learn and discuss about cultures of different countries.
• 3. Developing: develop critical thinking, to enrich vocabulary.
• The type of the lesson: Traditional lesson.
• The methods of the lesson: association, question – answer.
• Technical aids: The interactive board.
• The procedure of the lesson:
1. Organization moment. Greetings
Good morning! How are you?
2. Warm up.
• Apple, carrot, orange, potato, banana, pear, grape, cabbage.
• Write these words in alphabetical order.
• Translate into 3 languages.
3. Home work: Ex: 2.
Discuss the following questions in small groups.
Are you healthy?
Do you eat things that are good for you?
Do you think about your diet?
Do you ever eat too much / too little?
Do you take vitamins?
4. Look at the blackboard. Find 4 words which can't go with the word ‘Food’
GOOD - LOOKING
5. Read the new words. The presentation of a new theme vocabulary work. Write on your vocabulary note – books.
Urchin – [ә: t∫әn] – теңіз кірпісі
Locust – [lәukәst] – шегіртке
Snail – [sneil] – ұлу
Tarantulas – [tә'ræntjulәs] – бүйі
Seaweed – [si: wi: d] – балдыр
Snake – [sneik] – жылан
Squid – [skwid] – ұсақ балық
Octopus – [כּktәpәs] - сегізаяқ
Eel – [i: l] – жыланбалық
6. Reading of the text.
* Group ‘Seaweed’ * Group ‘ Sea urchins’
7. Complete the table. Ex: 8.
Country --------------- Food
China ............... ___________
____________ ......... Locust
France ----------- ___________
Central America ...._________
8. Group work
Write the capitals of the following countries
Country -------------------------------- Capital
9. The concluding stage
Help the spider to join these words
Tasks for groups
I’d hate eating
I’d hate eating…………
I’d enjoy eating
I’d enjoy eating…………
10. Giving marks.
11. Home work. Ex: 13.
Customs and traditions
The 10th grade
The theme of the lesson: Customs and traditions
1. Educational: to be able to speak about customs and traditions of our country, to teach pupils to work creating and introduce with meaning of new words, expressions according to the theme, to check up their knowledge of this theme.
2. Development: to develop pupils speech in speaking, reading and writing, logical thinking, oral speech, checking their understanding.
3. Upbringing: to bring up to love to our country, to be able to protect and to be an individual citizen of our country.
Visual aids: a computer, an interactive board, slides.
The types of the lesson: mixed
The methods of teaching: questions - answer, individual work
Connection with other subjects: Kazakh, History, Russian
The procedure of the lesson:
I. Organization moment
- Good morning boys and girls! I am glad to see you. Sit down please. Who is on
duty? And who is away? Let’s speak about today’s day and date.
II. Checking up the home task
- What was your home task?
- To make up sentences using the verbs “to be” “to have”.
III. Conclusion of the home task:
- At the last lessons we have talked about sights of Almaty, its nature and nature reserve. To conclude those materials I want to ask you some questions.
- Answer the questions:
• What squares are there in Almaty?
• What kinds of museums are there in Almaty?
• What is Medeu?
• What do you know about Shymbulak?
• What animals live in the highest peak Talgar?
• What is Khan Tangri?
• What can you say about Canyon of Charyn river?
• What are there on the both sides of Tamgaly gorge? What pictures are found on their flat?
- Very well!
III. Introduction with the theme.
- I want to read you a riddle. Try to guess it please.
They are in every country. People of each country respect and save them. They come from generation to generation. What are they?
You are quite right! Today we shall talk about our customs and traditions.
I want to start our lesson with an English proverb about it. “Every country has its customs”.
What Russian and Kazakh proverbs do you know on this theme?
- Very good? You are good polyglots.
- Let’s read some information about them. Look at the interactive board.
Kazakh customs and traditions
The Kazakh people are rich in traditions. These traditions include being respectful to old people; being patriotic to the motherland; being honest; and learning to love mankind. There are some main traditions like Weeding ceremony, Betashar, Hobbles cutting, Shildekhana. Kazakh traditional horse - sport games like Kokpar, Kyz Kuu, Audaryspak and others have always been very popular with Kazakhs. At present, they are played during national holidays and festivals. Kazakhs play them especially in Nauryz. The Kazakh traditional costume is actually the dress of an ancient time. There are closes such as shapan, camisole, kebis, kimeshek, takhia, tymak and others.
V. Comprehension check.
1. What Kazakh customs and traditions do you know?
- Kazakh tradition: Wedding ceremony, Betashar, Hobbles cutting
- Horse games: Kokpar, Kyz kuu, Audaruspak
- Traditional costumes: shapan, camisole, kebis, kimeshek, takhia, tymak and others.
2. A game “Who is the fastest?”
- Let’s play a game. It’s called “Who is the fastest?”. You see words on the board. In 30 seconds you will make as many words as you can using the letter from these words. Let’s start.
VI - Pupils’ presentations.
- At the last lesson you were given a task to make a presentation about Kazakh traditions, food, national sports and costumes. Are you ready? Who wants to start?
Presentation 1: Kazakh traditions
Presentation 2: National food
Presentation 3: Sport and games
Presentation 4: Holidays
Presentation 5: National costumes
- Thank you for your work, my dears.
- Look at the interactive board. There are several sentences about our tradition, sport and game, etc.
- Do you agree or disagree with these statements. If you agree you will say
“I agree”, if you don’t agree you will say “I disagree”. (A or D)
- The Weeding ceremony is a ceremony of uncovering bride’s face. D
- When a baby begins to walk, he undergoes an ancient rite. It’s called Hunting. D
- In Kyz Kuu race a young girl - rider starts first. A
- Kokpar is a national game where the girls take part. D
- The takhia is a men’s everyday cap which covers the top and back of the head. A
- All the nations who live in our country celebrate the 1st of May “The Unitary holiday”. A
- All right. To conclude our lesson let’s draw a diagram answering the question “What have you learnt at this lesson?”
customs and traditions
National costumes National food
Sport and game
VIII. Watching a video
IX. Giving home task
- To make a crossword on the theme “Customs and traditions”
|Подраздел||Другие методич. материалы|
Свидетельство о публикации данного материала автор может скачать в разделе «Достижения» своего сайта.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|