- to revise lexis on the topic,
- to improve grammar skills and listening comprehension skills, reading skills,
- to develop monological speech,
- to develop students’ memory, logical thinking, quick reaction, creative abilities;
- to develop the culture of behaviour
Equipment: textbooks, cards
1. Starting point. Greeting.
Phonetic drill. Warming-up.
T: How do you understand the following poem? (SLIDE 1).
Checking up home-assignment
T: Your home task was to prepare the weather-forecast in our native city. Read your weather-forecast.
4. Listening (SLIDE 2) .
T: Look at the symbols, use the words and fill in the gaps about the weather. Let’s see what weather is like around the world today.
1. It is going to be snowy in Oslo. The weather is going to be cold and frosty. The temperature will be about 5 degrees below zero. Be careful! It’s going to be slippery in the city.
2. It is going to be rainy in London. Don’t forget to take an umbrella. The temperature will be about 7 degrees above zero.
3. It is going to be windy and cloudy in Donetsk. The temperature will be about 10 degrees above zero.
4. The weather is going to be sunny in Rome. The temperature will be about 12 degrees above zero.
5. Reading / Speaking (ex. 2, p. 153)
T: Read the postcards and look at the information below. Guess where these people are. Discuss in a group.
6. Writing ( SLIDES 3-4)
T: Сhoose the correct tense to complete the postcard.
T: Your home task is to prepare the weather-forecast in different cities around the world.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|