The theme of the lesson: LONDON
The aim of the lesson:
I. Educational: To give main information about London, its history, transport
II. Development:To improve pupils’ skills in monologue,skillsoflistening
comprehension and skills in reading;
III. Bringingup:To teach pupils to love their Motherland and respect the culture
and traditions of other countries.
Type oflesson: Combined andRevisionlesson.
Procedure of the lesson:
a) greeting the class and the guests.
b) introduction of the lesson’s theme.
Today we’ll continue speaking about London, its history, transport and sights. You know this year we’ll celebrate twenty years of independence of our republic. So we’ll spoke about our country Astana too. Do you remember in 8th form we spoke enough about London and Astana.Let’ssee. But first of all warm up.
British Museum Oxford StreetTower of LondonNatural History Museum London Bridge Khan ShatyryAkhOrda Central Concert Hall Big-Ben BaiterekHyde Park London Eye
Dividethese names of places of interest into two groups: group 1 - the wordsusedwith an article“the”,group 2 -the words usedwithout an article“the”.
Now let’s remember what we know about London and Astana.
1. Answer the questions.
1. Where is London situated?
2. What is the territory of London?
3. How many people live in London?
4. How many parts are there in London?
5. What is the oldest part of London?
6. What is the poorest part of London?
7. What place is the official home of the Queen?
8. What was the first name of London?
9. In what part of London do rich people live?
10. What’s the capital of Kazakhstan?
11. Where is Astana situated?
12. When was Astana founded?
13. What is the symbol of Astana?
14. What was called Astana until 1998?
15. What is the population of Astana?
2. Now you should match the text and the picture.
It is the place where British kings and queens live. Important visitors often go to this place to meet the Royal family.Text 2. It is more than nine hundred years old. It is one of the most famous and beautiful churches in London. This church has two tall towers. In 1952 Queen Elizabeth was crowned there.
It is one of the most famous clocks in the world. Its tower is the symbol of London and Britain.
It is the largest and richest museum in the world. It was founded in 1753. It has mountains of books.
1 2 3 4
3.Several lessons ago I asked you to find out some information about the following sights of Astana. Your task was to prepare short monologues about these sights. Let’s listen to some of you.
BaiterekThe Concert Hall
4. Now, tell about our capital using these expressions
to be situated
to be famous for
5. Match the sentences.
1. The houses of Parliament is
3. Big-Ben is
5. Astana is
6. Duman Entertainment centre
7. The tower of London
a) the second coldest capital in the world.
b) a big aquarium with over 2000 sea animals.
c) the building which British Parliament sits.
d) is a Tower, Astana’s most famous landmark.
e) one of the famous clocks in the world,
symbol of London.
f) is the official residence of the Queen.
g) is the official workplace of the President of
h) is a very old building, now it is a museum.
Today we’ll continue to speak about London. At first let’s introduce with the new
words: double-decker bus – екі қабатты автовус
single-decker bus- бір қабатты автовус
queue - кезек coach- автобус
plague - оба
crooked – қисық
6. Listening and comprehension.Now you’ll listen tothe text about “The Great Fire of London” Listen to attentively.After that you’ll do some tasks. 6.1. If the given statements are true or false.
1. In August 1665 London caught a fire.
2. The fire started in a house in LondonBridge.
3. The streets were wide and straight.
4. The fire spread slowly.
5. The fire burned from August 2nd to September 6th.
6. It destroyed 80% of wooden houses.
7. 75,000 Londoners died on fire.
8. New wooden houses were made.
9. The Monument to the Great Fire of London was erected.
6.2.Well, and now answer the questions about the text!
1. Why did the fire spread quickly?
2. Where did the fire start?
3. Why wasn’t there another fire after 1666?
4. What happened after the fire?
6.3.The following task for you: What are the following numbers refer to?
7.Reading the text.
If it has two floors it’s called a double-decker and you can get a good view from the top level. If it has only one floor it’s called a single-decker.
Buses have a two person crew it’s a driver who drives, of course, and the conductor (or conductress if it’s a woman) who takes your money. Keep your ticket as the inspector might want to check it. You catch a bus waiting at a bus stop.
For longer distances take a long distance bus called a coach which is slower but cheaper. A double-decker bus has an upstairs (top) and downstairs (inside).
single-decker a double-decker a coach
The use of the word “inside” for the lower deck dates from the early days when the top deck was open, so that only passengers on the lower deck were inside. People queue for buses in Britain.
But you shouldn’t jump the queue: people don’t like it.
Only a limited number is allowed to stand inside.
And no one may stand on top. Smoking in allowed on top but you cannot smoke
7.1.What is the difrence between ....
a. conductor and conductress,
b. inspector and bus driver,
c. single-decker and double-decker,
d. bus and coach.7.2.Complete the dialogue.The UK London a double-decker bus the top level -Would you like to travel by .........? - Yes, I think you can see a lot from ........ of it.- Can you travel by double-deckers only in .......?- Red double-decker buses are a typical picture in London but two-level buses run in many towns of...... . 8. Decide which is correct: a, b, or c.
1. How many parts is London divided into?a)two parts; b)four parts; c)three parts
2. А bus with two floors? a)double-deckerb)a single-decker c)a coach
3. What place is the official home of the Queen? a)the Tower; b)Buckingham Palace; c)St. Paul's Cathedral
5. How many people live in London?a) 8 million b) 6 millionc) a million d) 4 million
7. What is the heart of London?a) the City b) Westminster c) the West End d) the East End
9.Marks and home task: Thank you very much. You have worked well today.
Your homework will be: ex.12.
To compare the system of public transport in London and Astana.
10.Conclusion: It’s a proverb: East or West, Home is best.
How do you understand the meaning of this proverb? You may give its meaning in Kazakh and Russian language you like.
There is no place like our Motherland. We are proud of our country believe in its future.
Оқушылардың танымдық қабілеттерін арттыру мақсатында сыни тұрғысыанан ойлау арқылы түрлі әдіс тәсілдер қолданылды. Сабақта топтық жұмыстар арқылы оқушылар түрлі тапсырмалар орындау барысында диалогтік және сөйлеу қабілеттері жүзеге асты. Лондон қаласының әйгілі жерлерін дәрітей отырып өз елін құрметтеуге тәрбиелеу
Номер материала: 295627
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|