Урок на тему «Города Великобритании».
Цель: формирование коммуникативных способностей и активизация изученной лексики по теме «Великобритания».
Коммуникативная – формирование коммуникативной компетенции;
Образовательная – выявить общие сведения о Великобритании, закрепить использование изученной лексики в речи.
Воспитательная – обеспечить условия для создания благоприятного, эмоционального психологического климата в учебном сообществе для формирования коммуникативной культуры учащихся. Формирование уважения к другим народам.
Развивающая – развитие умения извлекать информацию из текста, развивать навыки говорения и сотрудничества.
Procedure of the lesson
1. Beginning of the lesson
- Good afternoon, pupils! I’m glad to see you today! We are going to have the unusual lesson. Look at the screen. What do you see? (children’ answers). You’re right! You see the cities of Great Britain and now you can name the theme of our lesson. What is the theme? Absolutely right! Our theme is “Cities of Great Britain”. Pupils, what do you know about this country?
2. Phonetic drills
- The full name of Great Britain is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Great Britain consists of 4 independent countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Ok! We divided in 4 groups. Each group has their own names. The first group, what is your name?
- Our name is England. The capital of England is London.
- London. Look at the screen. Can you pronounce it correctly? All together: [ˈlʌndən]. Can you draw the border of England and write the name of country and the capital? Well done! The second group, what is your name?
- Our name is Scotland. The capital of Scotland is Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh. Look at the screen. Let’s pronounce it together: [‘ɛdinbərə]. Draw, please, the border of Scotland and write the name of the country and the capital. Excellent! What is your name, the third group?
-Our name is Wales. The capital of Wales is Cardiff.
-Look at the screen. Let’s pronounce it correctly: [‘kɑ:dif]. Draw the border, please, and the names. That’s right! And the fourth group, your name, please.
-Our name is Northern Ireland. The capital of Northern Ireland is Belfast.
-Belfast, pronounce it: [‘bɛlfɑ:st]. Do you draw the border? Well done!
3. Checking homework
Now, we have the map of Great Britain. It’s very beautiful country. Let’s find out, what we know. Each group has their own home task. Let’s check! The first group, please.
-The dialogue about London.
- Very good! The next group, please.
- The poem by Robert Burns from Scotland “My heart’s in the Highlands”.
- Excellent! The third group, please.
- The information about Cardiff.
- Well done! And the fourth group, please.
- The presentation about Belfast.
4. Physical training
- That’s good! I liked your work. Now I have the task for you. I read the sentence. If it is correct, you will stand up. If it is incorrect, you will be at the desk.
1) Great Britain is separated from the continent by the English Channel.
2) The country is washed by the waters of the Pacific Ocean.
3) The mountains in Britain are very high.
4) The capital of the country is New York.
5) The Prime Minister is head of State.
6) Buckingham Palace is the Queen’s residence.
7) Big Ben is the famous castle.
- Thank you, take your seats! You have the tasks on your desks. Look through them. You should answer the questions and tell what you have learned about Great Britain.
What is the biggest country in the UK?
Which is the smallest?
What is the most famous river in London?
Is the Tower of London more popular than others towers?
Is Ben Nevis the highest mountain in the world?
What is the most favourite instrument in Scotland?
- Well done! What is common in these questions? (children’ answers). You’re right. The degrees of comparison. Let’s refresh our memory about the rules. Вспомним правила, как образуются степени сравнения прилагательных. Look at the screen (вспоминаем). Very good. Every group has the cards with the adjectives. You have to put the adjectives in comparative and superlative. 3 minutes. Are you ready? Let’s check (проверяем выполненное задание).
Good - -
Beautiful - -
Kind - -
Difficult - -
Bad - -
Healthy - -
Pretty - -
Interesting - -
Little - -
Slow - -
Popular - -
Famous - -
Strong - -
- That’s right. Now you have the cards with the text about Great Britain. Look throw the text. And answer the questions: true or false.
1) The center of everything in Great Britain is the city of Glasgow.
2) London consists of three main districts, which differ from each other.
3) The towns, situated to the north of the Thames are Oxford and Cambridge.
4) Cambridge is best known for its modern university.
5) Southampton is primarily a seaport, the most important on the south coast.
6) Brighton is one of the most popular seaside resorts of Britain.
7) London has mild climate, warm sea and wonderful beaches.
8) York attracts many tourists because of its famous medieval city walls.
8. Oral speech
- Well done. Today the journalist from Great Britain decides to visit us. He listens to you very attentively. And I hope he likes our lesson. Let’s tell him about our capital. Nastya, what can you tell him about Astana? (ученик рассказывает).
- Thank you very much, Nastya. It was very interesting. Today we remember everything we know about cities of Great Britain. What was interesting for you? What interesting facts have you known?
Your home task is to write the essay about your favourite city in the world. Our lesson is over. Good bye!
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|