I. Read and translate the text.
SPORT IN YURYUZAN.
There are many kinds of sport. Some of them we can do in our town.
We have sport clubs, fitness centres where we can do sports. Children of our town do judo, boxing, kickboxing, volleyball and basketball. Some teenagers, men and women visit fitness centres every day. They are situated in the Palace of Culture and our schools. Children take part in competitions and win prizes. Each school in Yuryuzan has a basketball team. They often compete with each other and teams from neighboring town.
Also we have a nice beach and a big stadium. In summer all residents of our town with their children swim, dive, water-ski, lie in the sun and ride catamarans there. At the stadium competitions on hockey and football take place. And we like to watch them. When winter comes, people go to the skating- rinks. There are two big skating- rinks in our town. Also we can ski in the nearest forest and enjoy our wonderful nature. Near our town there is the mountain ski resort “Zavyaliha”. Most of us and guests of our town ski and snowboard there.
II. Say the following sentences are true or false.
1) There are sport clubs and fitness centres in Yuryuzan.
2) We have no the big stadium.
3) We ski and skate in winter.
4) Our local football teams compete with each other.
5) Each school in Yuryuzan has a basketball team.
6) We can play golf and tennis in Yuryuzan.
III. Choose right answers to the questions.
1) What kind of sport do children do?
b) cricket and badminton
c) basketball, boxing and judo
2) Where are situated fitness centres?
a) at schools
b) at the stadiums
c) in the Palace of Culture
3) What do people of our town like to do in summer?
a) go for a walk
b) swim, dive and water-ski in our pond
c) play hockey
4) What can we do in winter?
a) ski and skate
b) play tennis and football
c) make a snowman
IV. Ask questions to the answers.
1) judo, boxing, kickboxing, volleyball and basketball
2) the mountain ski resort “Zavyaliha”
3) competitions on hockey and football
4) two big skating- rinks
V. Complete the sentences.
1) We have , where we can do sports.
2) Each school in Yuryuzan has .
3) Also we can ski in and enjoy our .
VI. Put the sentences into the negative form.
1) Children take part in competitions and win prizes.
2) Each school in Yuryuzan has a basketball team.
3) We can ski in the nearest forest and enjoy our wonderful nature.
VII. Tell some words about sport in our town.