The theme: Types of school in Kazakhstan
The aims: Educational: to receive topical vocabulary, to get acquainted with some information about education in Kazakhstan
Developing: to develop speaking, listening, reading and writing skills;
to develop students’ interest in research works.
Brining up: to interest in learning English, in learning education system in our country Kazakhstan.
Methods of the lesson: mixed
Type of the lesson: introduction
Equipment of the lesson: pictures, cards with words
- Good morning children! I’m glad to see you! The theme of our lesson is “Education system in Kazakhstan ”
Conversation with on duty.
The school has doors that open wide
And friendly teachers wait inside
Hurry, hurry, let` s go in
For soon the lessons will begin
Books and pencils I will need
When I start to write and read
Lots to learn and lots to do
I like to go to school, don` t you?
Checking up the home task
Retelling the text “Education in Kazakhstan”
Presentation of the new theme
- Let’s review some words
Education, mark, timetable, state school, secondary school, comprehensive school, Private school, primary school, subject.
Answer some questions:
1. What kind of schools are there in Kazakhstan?
2. What does a primary school consist of?
3. How many years do pupil study at secondary school?
4. What school subjects have you got at your school?
5. How many year of study are compulsory in our Republic?
6. What holiday do you have every year?
7. How long does every lesson last?
8. How many lessons have day every day?
9. How many years do pupils go to school in Kazakhstan?
Now let’s to do physical training
Translate these sentences into English
Мен мектепке 7 жаста бардым.
Бастауыш мектепте 4 жыл оқығаннан кейін мен орта мектепке көштім.
Оқу жылы 1 қыркүйекте басталып мамырда бітеді.
Оқу жылы 9 айға созылады.
Әр сабақ 45 минут болады.
Қазақстанның білім беру жүйесі екі тілде жүргізіледі: қазақ және орыс тілінде.
Evaluating and explanation of the home task
To review new words
Your marks for the lesson…
The lesson is over! Good bye!