Тема урока: “London”
Задачи урока: 1. Повторить the present Simple tense
2.Расширить знания учащихся по теме
3. развивать навыки чтения и устной речи
Оборудование: карта Англии, достопримечательности Лондона.
Stages of the Lesson
3. Questions to review
information about Great Britain and London
4. Work with the text
5. Complete the sentences Ex. 6 p.126.
6. Answering the questions
7. Grammar. Revision of the present Simple tense.
8. Work in pares. Ex. 9 P.127
9. Home task: Ex 8. p.127 in written form.
Good morning children. Nice to meet you.
Who is on duty today?
Who is absent today
Dear children! The theme of our lesson today is “London”. Today you’ll learn more about Great Britain and its capital.
We have studied about Great Britain this year. Let’s review our knowledge. Answer the questions
Where is the UK situated?
How many parts does the UK consists of?
What is the capital of Great Britain?
Where is London situated?
What do you know about London?
We are going to listen to the text “London”. But first listen and read the new words from the text.
Listen and read the text London and learn the information about its position in the country.
London is one of the largest cities in …and the largest in ….
It’s population is … people.
London is situated on the … of the river Thames.
Today in its full … Greater London … 625 square miles.
Traditionally London is …into several parts.
The city … over an area of about 2, 6 square km.
The City is the … of London.
The West End is the … and most … part of London.
Oxford Street in the West End is the endless. … which attracts visitors from all over the World?
Now answer the questions about the text.
Is London only the capital of the UK?
What is the population of London?
Why is London a multinational city?
What are the most important parts of London?
Where are the most important firms and banks situated?
Why the City and the West End are called the heart of London?
What places of interest can you visit if you are in London?
We have learned many things about London. Now we will review the grammar theme Present Simple tense. Rewrite the sentences according to the model.
He doesn’t have coffee in the morning.(tea)
He has tea in the morning.
1.Aidar doesn’t drive a motorbike (car)
2. Aigul doesn’t like bananas (apples)
3. He doesn’t speak Russian (French)
4. Kanat doesn’t like modern music (Kazakh songs)
5. She doesn’t play violin.(piano)
6. He doesn’t live in the city (country).
Learn to ask about London using general and “Wh” questions
Good bye, children. See you next week. Your marks:
I’m on duty today.
Nobody is absent.
1. It is situated in the north-west coast of Europe.
2. It consists of four parts. They are: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
4.On the both banks of the river Thames
5. It is not only the capital, but it is also economic, political and cultural centre.
London, Westminster, Stock Exchange, Oxford street, financial, office, hotel, restaurant, market.
Pupils are reading text. Ex. 1V p.125.
The world, Europe
About 8 million
No, it isn’t
Its population is about 8 million people.
Because there live people of different nationalities.
The most important part of London is City and West End.
In the city.
Because numerous banks, offices and firms are situated there.
Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, parks, museums.
He drives a car.
She likes apples
He speaks French
Kanat likes Kazakh songs
She plays piano.
He lives in the country.
- Is London the capital of the UK?
- Yes, it is.
- Is London the capital of France?
- No, it isn’t. It is the capital of the UK
- Where is London situated?
-It is situated on the banks of the River Thames.
Thank you. Good bye.