1.Урок по формированию умений аудирования.
Тема: “Native Americans”.
Формирование умений и навыков аудирования иноязычного текста.
Развитие учебно-информационных умений и навыков;
Расширение словарного запаса;
Развитие памяти, мышления, внимания.
Поддержание интереса к изучению иностранного языка.
Задачи: 1. Тренировать в аудировании текста.
Оборудование: картинки, раздаточный материал, учебник.
Good morning children! How are you today? What day is it today? Who is absent?
Today we have listening comprehensive lesson.
Подготовка к основному этапу.
At first I’d like to ask you some questions.
Children, look at the pictures. Do you know who is this? What do they do? How do you think about what will be the text?
These words and word - combinations help you to understand the text. Please I read and then you repeat it after me.
Smoke a pipe, reservations, native, hunt, friendship, fisherman, wood.
Now we read some proper names from the text:
The Mississippi, Alaska, Siberia, Asia, Indians.
Please repeat the next words after me:
Peace – peaceful
Use - useful
Color - colorful
Wonder - wonderful
Beauty - beautiful
The suffix –ful makes from nouns to adjective.
Формирование навыков и умений аудирования текста.
Children, listen to the text and say who lived in America many years ago. Native Americans came from Asia. Over 20000 years ago they travelled across the land between Siberia and Alaska.
When English colonists came to the New World on board the "Mayflower" the Native Americans met them and were very friendly and helped them a lot. In those days people lived in small earth houses and grew their own food. Some Indians ate only grass, nuts and what fruit they could find. Other people were fishermen and lived in wooden houses. Most Native Americans were very peaceful. They wanted to live happily with nature and each other. They believed in many gods and thought that gods lived in trees, stones, water and fire. They believed their gods could bring success in hunting, farming and fishing. They often had special ceremonies with dances and music before they went hunting or fishing or when they began farming.
Native American songs and poems are a very important part of their traditions as they help them to keep their history and culture alive.
Another famous tradition was smoking of a peace pipe. When they smoked this pipe together with people they didn't know, it meant friendship and peace.
Many years ago Native American tribes lived in all parts of the USA, and hunted and fished wherever they chose. Now most of them live in poor lands to the west of the Mississippi River. Many live on "reservations".
Give the title of the text.
Divide the text into semantic parts.
Answers to the following questions:
I. Where did Native Americans come from?
2. How did they travel?
3. Where did they live? What did they eat?
4. What did Native Americans believe in?
5. Where do most Native Americans live now?
Fill in the words:
1. Native Americans came from ….
2. Over 20000 years ago they travelled across the land between … and ….
3. Other people were … and lived in wooden houses.
4. Most Native Americans were very ….
5. Another famous … was smoking of a peace pipe.
6. Many years ago … … tribes lived in all parts of the USA.
“Yes” or “no”:
1. Native Americans came from Africa.
2. Over 40000 years ago they travelled across the land between Siberia and Alaska.
3. Some Indians ate only grass, nuts and what fruit they could find.
4. Most Native Americans were very evil.
5. Native Americans often had special ceremonies with dances and music before they went hunting or fishing.
Children, you worked very well today. All of you get a good mark.
Say me, what do you know today? Good bye.