1st Period (8:15-9:00)
1) Teacher will ask the class questions about the time: (4 mins)
1. What day is it today? 2. What day was it yesterday?
3. What day will it be tomorrow? 4. What is today’s date?
5. What month is it now? 6. What was last month?
7. What will be next month?
2) Have students write the date in their copybooks.
3) Ball Toss: -“What sports do you do?” -“I like to play football/ I like jogging/ … etc. “ (5 mins)
1. Teacher will throw a ball to a student and ask the question-“What sports do you do?”
2. After the student answer the question, the student will toss the ball to the next student and repeat the same question to that student.
Review an old vocabulary: A cricket, an injury, jogging, riding, sailing, a sport event, be in the open, to stay fit, a load of rubbish, to kick
An achievement, a coach, a contest, a participant, a referee, to achieve, to draw, to hit, to lose, to score
T divides the class into 2 teams
Each team students take 1 flash card and have to say into Russian/English
Which team knows more words is champion
Introduction: (7 min)
Pre reading activity
New Vocabulary: humanity — человечество, activity — деятельность, to make for — способствовать, health — здоровье, to exercise — упражняться, tiredness — усталость, flexibility — гибкость
Sport is probably as old as the humanity itself. It has been developing with the developing and growth of the mankind. All over the world people of different ages are very fond of sports and games.
Sport not only helps people to become strong and to develop physically but also makes them more organized and better disciplined in their daily activities. It makes for a healthy mind in a healthy body. Sports help people to keep in good health.
We all need to exercise. Even if you don't plan to make a career in sport you still have to practice. Regular exercises give you more energy. That is why many people who suffer from general tiredness should take more exercise than more rest.
Exercise makes you feel and look better.
The best exercise is one which involves in repeated movements, those are: walking, jogging or swimming. Bending and stretching (Изгиб и растяжение) will add flexibility and feeling of lightness.
Among the sports popular in our country are football, basketball, swimming, volleyball, ice hockey, tennis, gymnastics, figure skating. A person can choose sports and games for any season, for any taste.
Post reading activity
1. Why is sport so important in our life?
2. Do all the people need exercise?
3. What should people who suffer from general tiredness do?
4. How does exercise change you?
5. What kind of exercise is the best?
6. What sports are popular in our country?
Complete the sentences with the correct tense form of the verb in brackets. Use the Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect
Ireland …(beat) England yesterday. England.. (win)1:0 in the first half but Ireland..(score) two goals in the second half.
It …(start)raining when he …(walk) to work. He …(stop) a taxi because he …(not/wear) a coat and he…(not/have) an umbrella.
I … (not/recognize) many people at my old school reunion because everyone… (change) a lot in twenty years.
I …(wait) to play tennis yesterday when my partner…(call) me to say that he… (not/can) come because his car… (be break down).
H/w: express your opinion
I think sport is…
In my opinion, everyone should…
If you want to know what I think, sport is…
I’m just not interested in…
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|