Документы в архиве:
Название документа день матери.doc
For the English people the best-known name for the fourth in Lent Sunday is Mothering Sunday or Mother’s Day. For 3 centuries this day has been a day of small family gatherings when absent sons and daughters return to their homes. Gifts are made to mothers by children of all ages. Flowers and cakes are still traditional gifts. Violets and primroses are most popular flowers. Sometimes the whole family goes to church and then there is a special dinner at which roast lamb, rice-pudding and home-made wines and served.
Название документа день святого валентина.doc
Saint Valentine’s Day
The legend of St. Valentine stems from real-life martyrs from the Roman Empire known as Valentines. It is unsure who was the St. Valentine, but there are two possible candidates. One of these Valentines is believed to have been a Roman priest and physician. He was killed in the third century, during the persecutions of the Emperor Claudius II. After his death this Valentine was buried in the Roman road Via Flaminia. Pope Julius I is said to have later built a basilica above his grave. A second Saint Valentine candidate, believed to be a bishop of Teni ( a province in central Italy), was executed in Rome.
These men’s status comes from legends of harboring Christians from persecution, curing the blindness of a cell keeper’s daughter, and conducting marriages while they were forbidden during times of war. It is this, along with the traditions of Lupercalia, that came together to honor St. Valentine as the patron saint of lovers.
“Valentine was a Christian priest in the Roman Empire 300 years after the death of Iisus Christ. When the Roman Emperor Claudius II needed soldiers, he made a law against marrying because he felt that marriage made men want to stay at home instead of fighting wars. But at that moment there was a kindly priest named Valentine. He couldn’t agree with the emperor’s decision. When he saw that young couples were truly in love, he married them secretly. But he was condemned to death. In the prison he met a jailer’s blind daughter. He was in love with her. He helped her by working a miracle. He restored her sight. Just before his death, on February 14, he sent her a farewell message signed: “From your Valentine”.
Название документа конспект.doc
Открытый урок английского языка
в 5 классе.
Виноградова Наталия Владимировна,
учитель английского языка МОУ Лопаревской СОШ
Тема: «Традиции празднования английских и американских праздников».
Цели: 1. познакомить учащихся с праздниками и традициями их празднования;
2. развивать умение читать с пониманием основного содержания текста;
3. развивать умение работать в группе;
4. воспитывать чувство коллективизма, интерес к культуре стран изучаемого языка.
Организованное начало урока.
Беседа с дежурным
Good morning, boys and girls! Sit dawn, please!
Who is on duty today?
What date is it today?
What day of the week is it today?
What season is it now?
Is anybody absent?
O’k! Sit dawn, please.
Рассказ учителя о британских и американских праздниках и традициях празднования Дня рождения, Рождестве (с этими традициями дети уже знакомились ранее. Задача учителя – закрепить и углубить эти знания).
Исполнение учащимися песни «Jingle Bells»
Работа в группах
Задание группам – подготовить рассказ о празднике из материалов, данных учителем:
1 группа – Хэллоуин,
2 группа – День святого Валентина,
3 группа – День матери.
Выступление каждой группы – рассказ о празднике
- Что нового узнали?
- Что понравилось на уроке?
- Что хотели бы изменить?
Название документа разные страны - разные традиции.doc
“Different Countries, Different Customs”
Every nation and every country has its own customs and traditions. Traditions play a very important role in the life of people of all the countries. Old and new, religious and national, holidays join different generations. Besides, they enrich people spiritually and distract them from different problems. To my opinion, customs unite people, and it’s great.
Influence of geography on people and their lifestyles is, of course, very important. The geographical position of a country influences all the spheres of life: people’s activities, food, national (regional) symbols, philosophy, mentality, buildings, and, of course, traditions.
Historical factors also play very important role in forming new and celebrating old national holidays. Sometimes they revive ancient traditions, symbols, costumes, food, rituals.
Some holidays, such as New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Easter Holiday are typical for different countries. These holidays unite people of the whole world. But every nation, every country has its special customs. Here I want to describe holidays of three different countries, situated in different places and even on different continents.
· Christmas is Christian holiday that celebrates the Birth of Jesus Christ. For millions of Christians throughout the world it is the happiest and the busiest time of the year. No one knows the exact of Christ's birth but most Christians celebrate Christmas on December 25. The word "Christmas" comes from Christmas masse, an early English phrase that means Mass of Christ.
· Christmas is a joyful religious holiday. To people all over the world, Christmas is a season of giving and receiving presents. In Scandinavian and other European countries, Father Christmas, or Saint Nicholas, comes into houses in the night and leaves gifts for the children
· It seems that nearly every family has it's own unique Christmas observances. Many people are especially proud of Christmas traditions brought to the United States from their countries of origin. The wonderful diversity of food, music and songs, prayers and stories - all make Christmas the holiday of holidays!
· Every year human interest newspaper articles remind readers of the origin of Christmas. Shelters for the homeless and hungry appeal through the newspaper to send money or gifts to those who are less fortunate. Members or organisations such as Salvation Army dress up as Sants Claus and stand on the side-walks outside stores to collect money for their own soup kitchens. City police forces supervise a "Toy For Tots" donated, in which people contribute new or used toys for children in hospitals and orphanages. Employees give a small part ot their pay-checks as a donation to a favorite charity. Such groups and organisations try to emphasize the true message of Christmas - to share what you have with others.
Название документа хэллоуин.doc
Hallowe'en October 31st
You can expect to meet witches and ghosts that night. Hallowe'en is an old word for "Hallows Evening", the night before "All Hallows" or "All Saints' Day" On that one night of the year, ghosts and witches are free..
. But now in Britain it’s time for fun. There are always a lot of parties on October 31st. At these parties people wear masks and they dress as ghosts and witches, or as Dracula or Frankenstein's monster. And some people make special Hallowe'en lamps from a large fruit , the pumpkin..
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|