Good afternoon, dear guests! Today we are going to have a quiz on Geography, History, education, culture and science!
For this aim we are going to have 2 teams. And we need a quiz master. Our game consists of 4 rounds:
Education, culture, science;
If the pupil doesn’t know the answer, he can ask his teammates for a help. After each round there will be a musical pause. The winner will get a prize.
1. The first round "History of America".
1) What was the first holiday celebrated by American colonies?
Thanksgiving; c) Easter;
The New Year; d) Christmas
2) Who was the first President of the USA?
Theodore Roosevelt, c) Thomas Jefferson;
Benjamin Franklin, d) George Washington
3) What tea party is a historical event?
Franklin and Washington tea party; c) Boston tea party,
Roosevelt and Churchill tea party; d) Atlanta tea party.
4) What was the number of the first English colonies in America?
a) 14; c) 45;
b)27; d) 13.
2. The second round "Geography of the USA"
1) What is the geographical name of the United States of America?
a) the USA; c) America;
b) the US; d) United States of America.
2) What is the highest mountain of the USA?
a) Ben Nevis; c) Everest;
b) Elbrus; d) Mount McKinley.
3) What is the longest river of the USA?
a) the Severn; c) the Mississippi;
b) the Missouri; d) the Colorado.
4) What is the longest lake of the USA?
a) Lake Superior; c) Lake Ontario;
b) Lake Michigan; d) Lough Neagh;
3. The third round "Education, culture, science"
1) What is the national anthem of the USA?
"The star-spangled banner"; c) "America, the beautiful"
"Silentnight"; d) "Yesterday"
2) What was the first American University?
Wisconsin college; c) Massachusetts college;
Yale College; d) Harvard college.
3) Who is the "King of rock’n’roll"?
Elvis Presley; c)Steven Spielberg;
I Amis Armstrong; d) Wall Disney.
4) Who is the father of the telephone?
Henry lord; c) Norman Rockwell;
Orville Wright; d) Alexander Bell
Quiz- maker: And listen to the most famous song known since 1755!
Yankee Doodle went to town a-riding on a pony;
Stuck a feather in his cap and called it macaroni!
Chorus: Yankee Doodle, keep it up,
Yankee Doodle dandy, «
Mind the music and the step
And with the girls be handy.
Father and I went down to camp
Along with Captain Gooding,
And there we saw the men and boys
as thick as hasty pudding!
There was Captain Washington
Upon a slapping stallion,
A-giving orders to his men,
I guess there was a million.
4. The fourth round "Famous people".
1) Who created the best animated cartoons in the USA?
Walt Disney; c) Norman Rockwell;
Charles Jones; d) John Portman.
2 Which of the US President was a Hollywood actor?
George Bush; c) Ronald Reagan;
Bill Clinton; d) Theodore Roosevelt
3) Who is the greatest American architect of all times?
John Portman; c) Frank Lloyd Wright;
Norman Rockwell; d) Stephen Spielberg.
4) Who was known as the "King of jazz"? 40.000 $
Elvis Presley; c) Ansell Adams;
b) Wilbur Wright; d) Louis Armstrong. 50.000 $
After the quiz the winners get their prizes (English books on Geography of the USA). And pupils listen to the poem about Abraham Lincoln.
О CAPTAIN! MY CAPTAIN!
О Captain! My Captain!
Our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weathered every rack,
The prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear,
The people all exulting.
While follow eyes the steady keel,
The vessel rum and daring
But о heart! Heart! Heart!
O, the bleeding drops of red
Where on the deck my captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead!
1. Повторить изученный материал в неформальной обстановке во время игры.
2. Подвести итог по изучению темы «США» на данном этапе обучения английскому.
3. Повысить интерес к изучению английского языка.
Оборудование: Мультимедийный проектор, компьютер, презентация Power Point. Карточки «Банкноты»
Игроки 2 команд
Муниципальное общеобразовательное учреждение
«Средняя общеобразовательная школа с. Благовещенка»
Викторина для учащихся 10-11 классов
Учителя Бакаевой Марины Вячеславовны