Эл. №ФС77-60625 от 20.01.2015
Урок - игра на английском языке
Welcome to London
(scenario & instructions for teachers)
Teacher Garina T.V.
The Linguistic and Cultural game
- Good afternoon, dear guests! Today we’ll learn some more information about London. Let’s start our Linguistic and Cultural game “Welcome to London”. We have three teams and each team should introduce itself. The first team, please.
The rules: For each correct answer teams get a point. If the students don’t know the answer, their supporters or spectators have a chance to answer the question & bring their team half-a point.
- Let’s watch the film about London and try to remember the famous places of interest (slide №2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56GbUFV_4ys (YouTube London Travel Guide) or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbIwaXFxQnQ&feature=related (YouTube London Views)
- Let’s do the task number two. “Match the pictures to the names”.
Don’t forget to raise the card with your team number up if you are ready with the task and you will get a point. (slide №3)
-We have different tasks for spectators and teams. Each team has some cards with letters and should arrange them in such way to make up the name of the famous sights of London.
(For spectators) Look at the slide, please and make up the names of the famous sights of London using these letters. For each right word combination you’ll bring 1 point to your team. (slide № 4)
- Please, listen to the description of one of the famous London sights, guess what it is. Match it to one of the pictures on the slides.
The first slide is for the team “…..” It is one of the most popular historical buildings which was built in 1703. It has been used as the official Royal residence in London and the flying of the Royal Standard above it signifies the presence of the sovereign. (Buckingham Palace)
This description is for the second team: It was built in 1710 and dedicated to the Protestant faith. The whispering Gallery runs around the inside of its dome. Among the many people buried here are Horatio Nelson, the artists Reynolds and Turner. (St. Paul’s Cathedral)
The description for the third team is the following:
It is one of the most impressive public squares in the world. It was built to commemorate Nelson’s naval victory over Napoleon’s fleet in October 1805. Dominating the square is Nelson’s column, rising to 185 ft high. There are four bronze lions at the base. (Trafalgar Square)
(Slides № 5,6,7,8).
-The name of the next task is “Camomile”. Please, tear the petals away one by one and answer the questions which you will find there. (All the questions are written on the back side of the petals)
Where do the Houses of Parliament stand on?
Who was in charge of the building Big Ben?
How do the English people call the Thames?
How old is the Tower of London?
What is the Tower of London nowadays?
Where do the members of Parliament gather?
When did the English people build the tower and the clock?
What can you see in the Tower of London?
Where did the English kings live?
How old is London Bridge?
What names of the villages can you find in the names of the streets in modern London?
What sights can you see in London now?
Why do the English people call the clock Big Ben?
What is the name of the very old town which stands on the Thames?
How do people call the monument which is situated in Trafalgar Square?
Who was Nelson?
How do people call the museums in Trafalgar Square?
What is the name of the English ship which went to the South Pole in 1901-1904?
- Each team can get from zero to 6 points. One point is given for every right answer.
-And while the teams are doing this task, the spectators have another assignment. Please, match the words from the first column to the second one (slide № 10).
- Now complete the puzzle please. (Slide № 11)
Three pictures of London sights (one for each team) are cut into small pieces. The teams have 3 min to arrange the pieces and to guess the place of interest shown in the picture. (Piccadilly Circus, the Globe Theatre, St. Paul’s Cathedral)
-And while the teams are solving the puzzle, the spectators should match the pieces of photos to the names of the sights. (Slide № 12)
See the Keys
1-c; 2-d; 3-a; 4-b.
3. 1) The Houses of Parliament
2) Buckingham Palace
3) Tower Bridge
Tower of London
1) Buckingham Palace
2) St. Paul’s Cathedral
3) Trafalgar Square
1) The Houses of Parliament stand on the Thames
2) Sir Benjamin Hall was in charge of the building Big Ben
3) The English people call the Thames “The Father of London”
4) The Tower of London is nine hundred years old
5) The Tower of London is a museum nowadays.
6) The members of Parliament gather in the Houses of Parliament
7) The English people built the tower and the clock in 1858
8) In the Tower of London I can see many old guns etc.
9) The English kings lived in the Tower of London
10) London Bridge is two thousand years old.
11) I can find Kensington, Westminster and others in the names of the streets in modern London
12) I can see…. In London now
13) The English people call the clock Big Ben because the man in charge of the building was Sir Benjamin Hall. This man was very tall and workers called him Big Ben.
14) Greenwich is the name of the very old town which stands on the Thames
15) People call the monument, which is situated in Trafalgar Square, Nelson’s Column
16) Admiral Nelson was a very famous seaman
17) People call the museums in Trafalgar Square – the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery
18) “Discovery” is the name of the English ship which went to the South Pole in 1901-1904
6. see the slide
7. Piccadilly Circus, the Globe Theatre, St. Paul’s Cathedral
8. a-4; b-3; c-1; d-5; e-2
Краткое описание документа:
Урок-игра "Welcome to London" ("Добро пожаловать в Лондон") проводится на английском языке с использованием информационных технологий. Урок разработан для учащихся 5-7 классов общеобразовательных школ, изучающих английсктй язык со 2 класса. Данный урок является интегративным, так как ученики должны будут использовать знания, полученные на уроках английского языка, географии, истории, искусства и др. В конспекте Урока дается подробное описание всех заданий на повторение и закрепление страноведческого материала на тему «Достопримечательности Лондона», правила проведения игры, а также ключи ко всем заданиям. Материал также может быть использован для проведения внеклассного мероприятия по английскому языку.
- Просмотры: 282
- Просмотры: 386
- Просмотры: 308
- Просмотры: 349
- Просмотры: 276
- Просмотры: 315
- Просмотры: 424