Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
T R A V E L L I N G
“I like to travel! It`s just great! ”Renee “Travelling becomes more and more dangerous ...”Elizabeth “Usually I travel to learn something new ...”Stuart,
What is traveling for? By Olga Whatistravelingforme? Itistheshiningsun,thesea; Thegoldensandwhichlooklikebeads; Theblue-eyedskyandtenderbreeze. WhatdoIseewhenclosemyeyes? Amilk-whiteshipwithtworedstrips; Thelimpidcloudsatthedawn Andsun,thatrisesallalone… Andwhenthetwilightfallsfromheight, Thenightappearsfromheaven’sgate. Iseethemooninmagiclight, Andstars,thatsparkleatthenight. That’swhatI’mlookingforindreams, Andtheyaremyinspiringbeams! Iwanttoseeit,tobehold Andtravelallovertheworld!
Make up a story Hard-working, pessimistic, reserved, capable, friendly, hospitable, enthusiastic, tolerant, risk-takers, humorous, clever, dull, patient, sociable, kind-hearted, tough, open, artistic, romantic, energetic, selfish, punctual, generous, self-reliant ,like gardening, mobile, polite, like compromise, optimistic, self-confident.
It is two hours beforeDEPARTUREtime and I still haven't set off for the airport, although the ticketINFORMATION says I am supposed to be there at least one and a half hours before theFLIGHTis due to take off. I have always considered this policy totallyUNNECESSARYand so tend to arrive at the airport as late as I can. This habit of mine was almostDISASTROUSthe last time I set off for the airport by train. Everything was goingSMOOTHLYand I was feeling quite relaxed, when suddenly the train stopped and anANNOUNCEMENTwas made that we had to change trains for what they referred to asTECHNICALreasons. Of course this was another way of saying the train had broken down and it meant a delay of about twenty minutes. As if that wasn’t enough, onat the airport there was a huge queue at the check-in counter. There had been a bomb threat and everyone had to go through a thorough security check before finally boarding the plane.
Possible questions “Fat” questions. “Thin” questions.
Travel The people of Canada are as diverse as the time zones. On the streets of big cities like Toronto,Montreal, and Vancouver, you can see faces from almost any race - and they’re all Canadians! The first people to come to Canada were the Inuit and Indian. They came from Asia by way of the Bering Strait about 30,000 years ago. Throughout Canada’s history, immigrants from all countries have brought their native language and traditions, making Canadian society a cultural mosaic. Canada is a land of many natural wonders. From the vast central plains to the dense northern forests,Canada’s environment is something to be proud of and something we Canadians must be very careful to protect.
Are you an experienced traveller? 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 11 10 9 8 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 22 21 20 19 23 24 25 26 27 37 36 35 34 33 32 31 30 29 28 38 39 40 41 42
Are you an experienced traveller? V O Y A G E N G L I S H O T E L O N G U I D E X O T I I H S T H G I S N A M O R T L L E V A R T A R E M A C P A S S P O R T I C K E T O U R I S M U S E U M A P I C K C E E R G N I T S E R E T N I H S I K R U T E K C O P E M U N D E R G R O U N D O L L A R S U I T C A S E G I P I H C T U D A O R E V E N A L P I T H G I R A E N O T T C H H I K E A S T A X I T A L I A N E V E R I V E R
Think way 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
In conclusion, try to answer the following questions. ADVENTURE HOLIDAYS What kind of holiday do you prefer? Exciting and adventurous holidays or peaceful and relaxing holidays? Here’s a test to find out which one is the ideal vacation for you. You score: 3 points if you tick a, 2 points if you tick b, 1 point if you tick c.
1. Which means of transport do you prefer? a) a planeb) a carc) a train 2. Where would you like to spend your holidays? a) in Central Africab) at the seasidec) in the country 3. When you go away on holiday, do you: a) forget about everything?b) send a few postcards to you relatives or close friends?c) wake up most mornings worrying about what’s going on at home? 4. What do you think of skydiving? a) I think it would be really exciting.b) I’d do it if I had proper training.c) It’s a crazy idea. 5. Would you like to set sail on: a) a big sailing boat?b) a submarine?c) a fast liner? 6. Which would you rather do: a) looking for sharks in the ocean?b) fishing at night with a net?c) sailing on a boat? 7. What do you like best about mountains? a) the possibility of doing mountain climbingb) the sceneryc) silence 8. When you go to the seaside, do you prefer to: a) go swimming among the reefs?b) lie in the sun?c) read a nice book? If someone invited you to spend a fortnight on a desert island, would you: a) agree enthusiastically?b) accept the invitation with hesitation?c) refuse the invitation? 10. When you watch an Indiana Jones film, do you:a) want to be in his place?b) watch it because it is interesting?c) get bored? 11. Do you think that taking along a tent on a holiday is:a) exciting?b) nice only in an organized camping trip?c) troublesome? 12. Which of the following words reminds you of holidays?a) freedomb) enjoymentc) going for a walk
Above 42 points — Adventurous If you could, you would always have a backpack, ready to leave for an adventurous journey. Holidays, for you, mean looking for adventure without organizing or planning before. You are enthusiastic and curious. You’d rather go to an unknown, undiscovered place than go back to a place you know well. It’s your curiosity that helps you to overcome every obstacle. From 25 to 42 points — Imaginative You have a good dose of adventurous spirit and a good deal of courage, but you don’t like to get into trouble. You are quite enthusiastic about inventing hundreds of adventurous ideas. You should leave your school books and worries behind and use your imaginative quality to make new friends and to enjoy yourself. Less than 25 points — Peaceful You are a calm type. For you, an ideal holiday is sitting under a beach umbrella or relaxing under a tree in the silence of the countryside. Adventure activities don’t attract you. You like to meditate for some time before acting logically. Holidays, for you, should be a way to do sports and exercises and to meet new people
Andstilltravelling... broadens our outlook gives us life experience leaves impressions helps us explore the world allows us to understand other people better
May all your dreams come true
H/t WORKBOOK, A D V A N C E D 3, U N I T 4, T H E G R E AT O U T D O O R S
Краткое описание документа:
1. Which means of transport do you prefer?
a) a plane
b) a car
c) a train
2. Where would you like to spend your holidays?
a) in Central Africa
b) at the seaside
c) in the country
3. When you go away on holiday, do you:
a) forget about everything?
b) send a few postcards to you relatives or close friends?
c) wake up most mornings worrying about what’s going on at home?
4. What do you think of skydiving?
a) I think it would be really exciting.
b) I’d do it if I had proper training.
c) It’s a crazy idea.
5. Would you like to set sail on:
a) a big sailing boat?
b) a submarine?
c) a fast liner?
6. Which would you rather do:
a) looking for sharks in the ocean?
b) fishing at night with a net?
c) sailing on a boat?
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|