Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Match the types of school to the descriptions. Infant school Private school Modern school Grammar school Comprehensive school Boarding school State school D) the school for children from five to seven years old. a type of secondary school which does not prepare pupils for university or future study. C) a school for children over the age of 11, where they study languages, sciences and other subjects for going to university. B) a school for the pupils of all abilities and from all social classes. E) is the type of school you must pay money for. F) a school owned by the government and not paid for. G) a school where students study and live in during the school term.
Schools State schools Private schools free (parents don’t pay money) schools provide their pupils with books and equipment for their studies about 93 per cent of all children independent schools parents pay money for these schools about 7 per cent of all children school uniform
Correct mistakes. 1) There are about twenty fife pupils in primary classes. 2) Ninety three percent of pupils receive free education in Great Britain. 3) Uniform is oftener worn in private schools. 4) Oxford and Cambridge are among the most old universities in the world. 5) At the age of forteen pupils pass National tests in the core subjects.
Choose your level. 1) Write the numbers correctly: 450,000 384 4.10.1990 2) Use the comparative degrees: smart, difficult 1) Write the numbers correctly: 450,000 384 4.10.1990 2) Use the comparative degrees: bad, interesting, big 3) Define the syllable type: level, hire, nice, well, listen 1) Define the syllable type: bad, care, far, take, exam, write, task 2) Write the numbers correctly: 450 2/7 5,5
True or False? 1) Core subjects in the British schools are English, Science and Literature. 2) Schoolchildren in Great Britain wear uniform. 3) Going to university is cheap. 4) Only 1 in 3 students goes to university. 5) Education is compulsary for children at the age of 4 - 14.
I. Organization moment.
– Good morning, dear friends. Glad to see you. You’ve come here to practice listening and speaking English. Let’s do it! I ask you to be active, bright and emotional.
– The theme of our lesson is “Education in Great Britain”. We shall revise the grammar themes “Types of syllables”, “Comparative degrees of adjectives” and “Numerals” and know more about the system of education and discuss the ways of learning in Britain.
1) – What types of schools in Great Britain do you know? Now match the types of schools to their descriptions (A – G).
2) – How are state schools different from private schools? Come to the board and choose the sentences that characterize state schools and private schools;
II. Grammar revision.
1) – Now we will revise grammar and do the Grammar Quiz. Come to the board and choose a task for you, then do it, explain if necessary.
1. Define the syllable type in the words:
2. Define the syllable type in the words:
3. Define the syllable type in the words:
4. Define the syllable type in the words:
5. Modern schools are ... (good) than comprehensive schools if you want to enter a good university.
6. Oxford and Cambridge are ... (well-known) universities in Great Britain.
7. State schools are ... (popular) than private schools because they are free.
8. Read the numbers correctly:
9. Read the numbers correctly:
2) – Correct the mistakes on the board:
1) There are about twenty fife pupils in primary classes.
2) Ninety three percent of pupils receive free education in Great Britain.
3) Uniform is oftener worn in private schools.
4) Oxford and Cambridge are among the most old universities in the world.
5) At the age of forteen pupils pass National tests in the core subjects.
– Choose your level and do the grammar tasks, then hand in the papers:
IV. Listening comprehension. Group work
– We will watch the video “Education in Great Britain” now. Watch and listen attentively. Do the tasks in groups. Mark and write down the details about:
1-st group - Primary school
2-nd group - Secondary school
3-rd group - Higher education
– You have watched the video about schools, examinations and universities in Great Britain. Read and translate the statements and correct the false ones:
– Do you know much about schools and study at the British schools? Let’s check. Answer the questions, please.
1) At what age do pupils go to primary school?
2) What time do the lessons begin in the UK?
3) What sports can students go in for?
4) How old are the pupils when they pass GCS Examination?
5) Where do students live while studying at the university?
VI. Home task – make a diagram about education in Great Britain using the video
Номер материала: 286858
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: