Урок- викторина по теме: «Do you know Great Britain?»
Предлагаемый урок составлен для обобщения изученного материала по теме: «Sightseeing in London» в 6 классе по учебнику «Enjoy English» (Биболетова М. З., Добрынина Н. В., Трубанева Н. Н.) Урок- викторина позволяет систематизировать полученные знания, активизировать их в речи, а также создать непринужденную атмосферу общения на английском языке. В работе принимают участие две команды.
Good morning boys and girls. Welcome to our quiz “Do you know Great Britain? Be attentive and try to win. I wish you good luck.
Конкурс 1. “Greetings”. Команды называют себя и приветствуют соперников.
Конкурс 2. Вопросы “Do You Remember?”
T: Answer these questions, please.
Каждой команде предлагается по 10 вопросов, на которые следует правильно ответить.
Вопросы первой команде.
1. What does Great Britain consist of?(England, Scotland, Wales)
2. What river is London situated on? ( on the Thames)
3. Where is the official residence of the Queen? (Buckingham Palace)
4. What is the capital of the United Kingdom? (London)
5. What are the oldest English universities? (Oxford and Cambridge Universities)
6. What are three main parts of London? (the City, the West End, the East End)
7. Where is London Zoo situated? ( in Regent’s Park)
8. What is the seat of the British government? ( the Houses of Parliament)
9. What statue can you see in the middle of Trafalgar Square? (a statue of Lord Nelson)
10. What building is the oldest part of the Tower of London? (the White Tower)
Вопросы второй команде.
1. How many parts are there in the United Kingdom? (4)
2. What is the full name of the country? (the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
3. What was the first most terrible prison in Great Britain? (the Tower)
4. Who is the architect of the famous St. Paul’s Cathedral? ( Sir Christopher Wren)
5. What is the oldest part of London? (the City)
6. What is Covent Garden? (a tourist shopping centre)
7. What is Big Ben? (one of the most famous clock in the world)
8. What is the double -decker? (a bus)
9. Where can you see the statue of the famous fairy-tale hero, Peter Pan? (in Kensington Gardens)
10. What are the Royal Parks in London? ( Hyde Park, Green Park, St. James’s Park, Regent’s Park, Kensington Gardens)
Конкурс 3. “Famous People of Great Britain. Who Were They?”
T: Guess who were these people.
Каждая команда по очереди берет карточки, на которых дана информация о знаменитых людях Великобритании. Учащиеся должны назвать их имена.
1.He was a famous English writer of the 18th century who wrote a wonderful novel about strange adventures of Robinson Crusoe on a desert island.(Daniel Defoe)
2. He was born in Scotland and invented a telephone. (Alexander Bell)
3. He was a British naturalist of the 19th century. He developed his famous theory of evolution. (Charles Darwin)
4. He became well-known when his books were published. He wrote several books “The Hobbit”, “The Lord of Rings”, etc. (John R. R. Tolkien)
5. He was one of the first to start the fashion of the detective story and created his famous character, Sherlock Holmes. (Arthur Conan Doyle)
6. He was an outstanding writer who wrote stories for children about Winnie-The-Pooh. (Alan Milne)
7. She wrote 75 detective stories. Her beloved characters were Miss Jane Marple and Hercule Poirot. (Agatha Christie)
8. She is officially the head of the country. (Queen Elizabeth II)
9.She was born in 1965 and became famous after publishing her first book about Harry Potter. (Joanne Rowling)
10.He wrote a beautiful story for children “Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland” (Lewis Carrol)
Конкурс 4. “Give the Name of Each Tourist Attraction”
1. Here you can see wax models of famous people. (Madame Tussaud’s Museum)
2. People debate and argue here, and there is a clock tower with a famous bell in it. (The House of Parliament)
3. This building was rebuilt by Christopher Wren after the Great Fire of London in 1666. It has a famous “Whispering Gallery”. (St. Paul`s Cathedral)
4. English kings and queens are usually married here. Many of them are also buried here, as well as many famous writers. (Westminster Abbey)
5. This round place is often called the Centre of London. There is a statue of Eros in the middle of it. (Piccadilly Circus)
6. It was a fortress, a royal palace and later a prison. It is a museum now. (The Tower of London)
7. The history and magic of cinema and TV is explained in it. You can act in a Hollywood western, select a film to watch, or even draw your own cartoon film there. ( MOMI, the Museum of the Moving Image)
8. It is the largest museum in Great Britain. One of its most interesting sections is the National Library. (The British Museum)
9. Here you will find London Zoo, a boating lake and an open-air theatre, where in summer you can enjoy Shakespeare’s plays. (Regent’s Park)
10. It is famous for its outdoor entertainments and its Speaker’s Corner. (Hyde Park)
Конкурс 5. “Captains’ Competition”
Каждому из капитанов по очереди предлагаются вопросы, на которые надо быстро и правильно ответить.
1. What is the national emblem of England? (a rose)
2. What is the national emblem of Scotland? (a thistle)
3. What is the national emblem of Wales? (a daffodil)
4. What is the nickname of London’s Underground? (the Tube)
5. What is the nickname of the flag of the UK? (Union Jack)
6. What is the capital of England? (London)
7. What is the capital of Wales? (Cardiff)
8. What is the capital of Scotland? (Edinburg)
Конкурс 6. “In the World of British Poetry”
Урок завершается конкурсом стихотворений ,выученных в процессе работы над данной темой и в процессе подготовки к данному уроку. (Учащиеся рассказывают стихи или четверостишия). Чем больше стихов выучила команда, тем больше баллов она получает.
III. Заключительное слово учителя. Награждение победителей.