Grade 5 Level Test
Read the text.
A good girl
On Sunday Lizzie and Kate got up early. Right after breakfast they went shopping with their mum. Lizzie was only six, and Kate was seven but they both liked shopping. There were lots of beautiful clothes in the shops: hats, dresses, blouses and others. Their mother bought a pair of nice shoes for each of them. The girls put the shoes on and came home wearing them.
After lunch their dad went fishing. It was a hot day in the middle of July and the girls wanted to go to the river, too. They liked swimming. ‘OK, you may go,” their mum said. “Be careful in the water. And remember to change your shoes.”
When they were walking through wet grass and mud down to the riverbank, their shoes got dirty. Kate said: “Lizzie! Mum’s going to be very angry with you! She told us to change the shoes and you didn’t!”
“But I did,” Lizzie answered. “These are yours.”
Task 1. Complete the sentences (Закончи предложения).
1. There were lots of beautiful clothes in the shops ______________________________________________________________
2. The girls put _________________________________________________
Task 2. Answer the questions (Ответь на вопросы).
1. The girls went fishing, didn’t they?
2. Who bought shoes for the girls?
3. Did the girls live near the river or near the sea?
English in Use
Fill in the verb in the correct form (Вставь глагол в нужной форме).
1. My sister ______________ an English book next week. (to read)
2. She usually _____________ her granny on Saturday. (to visit)
3. They _______________ going to visit London in April. (to be)
4. Listen! Mary … a new song. (to sing)
5. We _____________ English when we were in London. (to speak)
6. I ________________ to see Big Ben at the moment. (to want)
Fill in the correct personal adjective (Вставь нужное притяжательное прилагательное).
7. Linda has got a dog. __________dog is clever.
8. They are pupils. ___________school is large.
9. I have got a cat. _________cat is nice.
10. Harry has got a book. ________book is interesting.
Fill in the adjective in the correct form of degree of comparison (Вставь прилагательное в нужной степени)
11. Mike is (old) than Tim.
12. She is (good) in the class.
13. My book is (interesting) than his.
Write the following nouns in the Plural form
14. book - _________________
15. man - ___________________
16. child - ___________________
17. hobby - ___________________
18. girl - _____________________
19. name - ____________________
20. tooth - ___________________
Part 1. Reading
1. _____________________hats, dresses, blouses and others.
2. _____________________the shoes on and came home wearing them.
1. No, they didn’t.
2. Their mother did.
3. They lived near the river.
Part 2. English in Use
1. will read
4. is singing
12. the best
13. more interesting