Тип: комбинированный урок.
Тема: «Условные предложения 1,2,3 типа. Значимые приставки».
Цель: совершенствование грамматических навыков по теме «Условные предложения».
формировать умение различать условные предложения по их типам;
совершенствовать навыки применения полученных знаний на практике.
развивать лексические навыки словообразования с приставками re-, super-, under- и т.д.
продолжать развивать навыки устной и письменной речи.
прививать тягу к новым познаниям и расширению кругозора.
Проверка домашнего задания.
Объяснение нового материала.
Объяснение домашнего задания.
1. Good morning, students! I am very glad to see you!
Один из учеников докладывает об отсутствующих и причинах их отсутствия.
Good morning, teacher! We are glad to see you too!
How are you today?
We are good, thank you. And you?
I am very well, thank you!
2. Today we have a very important lesson. It is dedicated to conditional sentences. We use them very often in our speech. If you don’t learn to make conditional sentences you won’t be able to express your thoughts. So, please put down the topic of our today lesson.
3. Now please, show me your copybook with your home task.
Преподаватель просматривает и комментирует выполненное домашнее здание, исправляет и объясняет ошибки, если они есть.
4. На доске:
Если условие, то результат.
If condition, then result.
If I’m in London – I am a happy man!
If I go to London, I will be a happy man.
If I went to London, I would be a happy man.
If I had been to London, I would have been a happy man.
Some people single out 0 type of conditional sentences, some don’t. Sentences of this type denote the laws of nature, some known facts, e.g. If you heat ice, it melts.
Conditional clause Main clause
1. If + Present Tense will + inf / present tense / imperative
If you help me with the dishes (if + pres),
I will help you with your homework. (will + inf)
If the sum of the digits of a number is divisible by three,
the number is divisible by three (Pres. tense)
If you see Mr Fox tonight, tell him I am ill. (imperative).
2. If + Past Tense would + inf
3. If + Past Perfect Tense would have + past participle
We do not normally use will or would in the conditional clause,
only in the main clause.
Uses of the Conditional
Nature: Open condition, what is said in the condition is possible.
Time: This condition refers either to present or to future time.
e.g. If he is late, we will have to go without him.
If my mother knows about this, we are in serious trouble.
Nature: unreal (impossible) or improbable situations.
Time: present; the TENSE is past, but we are talking about the present, now.
e.g. If I knew her name, I would tell you.
If I were you, I would tell my father.
Compare: If I become president, I will change the social security system. (Said by a presidential candidate)
If I became president, I would change the social security system. (Said by a schoolboy: improbable)
If we win this match, we are qualified for the semifinals.
If I won a million pounds, I would stop teaching. (improbable)
Time: Past (so we are talking about a situation that was not so in the past.)
e.g. If you had warned me, I would not have told your father about that party.(But you didn't, and I have).
1. The conditional construction does not normally use will or would in if-clauses. EXCEPTION: If will or would express willingness, as in requests, they can be used in if-clauses.
e.g. If you will come this way, the manager will see you now.
I would be grateful if you would give me a little help.
(= ± please, come this way; please, give me...)
2. For the second conditional, were replaces was:
If I were a rich man...
3. After if, we can either use "some(-one, -where...)" or "any(-one, -where...).
If I have some spare time next weekend....or :
If I have any spare time...
4. Instead of if not, we can use unless.
e.g. I'll be back tomorrow unless there is a plane strike.
He'll accept the job unless the salary is too low.
5.There is a "mixed type" as well, for the present results of an unreal condition in the past:
If + Past Perfect - would + inf.
If you had warned me [then], I would not be in prison [now].
Преподаватель объясняет теорию, иллюстрируя её примерами. Ученики составляют опорный конспект в тетради.
5. Now, let’s do some exercises from your book to train your skills in forming conditionals.
Выполняют упражнения 1, 2, 3 и 4 на 106 стр. для отработки грамматических навыков. Преподаватель поясняет задания и помогает в случае возникновения трудностей.
6. Now, let’s sum up everything you’ve learnt today. Was it interesting? What was new for you? What is already known?
7. Your home task will be ex. 11-12 on p. 107.
The lesson is over, good-by!