Test 9 th form
I. Put in a or the where it necessary (5 points )
1. Would you like to be … doctor?
2. What … beautiful garden!
3. Rita is studying … English and … Maths this year.
4. It was … beautiful day, … sun shone brightly in … sky.
5. John went to … school last year.
II. Complete the sentences with the appropriate guestion tags ( 5 points )
1. He bought this car last year, … ?
2. This jacket doesn t suit me, … ?
3. We have not met his friend before, … ?
4. They can speak English, … ?
5. They had a really nice time in France, … ?
III. For the sentences below choose the right options ( 5 points )
1. He became successful … he had written his first novel.
before b) after c) while d) during
2. I visited … Paul nor Steve yesterday.
a) both b) nor c) neither d) to
3. Both of them … good at drawing.
a) are b) do c) is d)does
4. Do you know who … the telephone?
a) discovered b) explored c) invented d) decided
5. John finally managed … all the difficulties.
a) to cope b) to overcome c) to deal d) to reduce
IV. Form adjectives from the nouns and verbs using the suffixes( 8 points )
1 aggression -ive
2. enthusiasm -ic
3. rely -ful
4. cheer -ous
5. health -y
6. success -ing
7. change -able
V. Use the required verb forms in the following sentences ( 6 points )
1. Lets go for a walk. It ( not/rain) now.
2. Dad ( arrive ) in London tomorrow evening.
3. The weather is nice today, but it ( be ) bad yesterday.
4. He ( not/receive ) any letters from her this week.
5. When you rang me yesterday, I ( have ) a bath.
6. I ( play ) the guitar for five years.