Входной тест по английскому языку 11 класс
Choose the correct answer (a, b, с or d)
1. They ... football every other Sunday.
a) play usually
b) usually play
c) are usually playing
d) usually are playing
2. When children ... in, their parents ... up New Year presents.
a) were coming, wrapped
b) were coming, were wrapping
c) came, wrapped
d) came, were wrapping
3. This driver is very careless. I'm sure he ... an accident.
a) will have
b) is going to have
c) will be having
d) is having
4. Last year my friends and I ... to take part in a TV programmе.
c) were invited
d) are invited
5. I wonder if you ... lend me some two hundred.
6. Would you mind ... the window? It's rather chilly in here.
a) to close
d) to closing
7. Jennie ... a very smart and hard-working girl.
a) is said that she is
b) said that she to be
c) is said to be
d) said to be
8. I was born in a small town on ... Volga.
d) — (nothing)
9. Russia has strong trade ties with ... People's Republic of China.
d) — (nothing)
10. Everyone knows that Kennedy ... by an insane person.
a) had been killed
b) is killed
c) was killed
d) was being killed
11. If they ... that it is important, the work ... really soon.
a) will see, will be finished
b) see, would be finished
c) saw, will be finished
d) see, will be finished
12. Even after 30 years of marriage he ... his wife.
13. The birth rate is very low now. ... the number of schools is not enough.
d) as though
The parts of the following text are all mixed up. Put them in the right order
A) He often told his friends that he could tell anyone's character exactly by his handwriting. So one lady friend decided to give it a test.
B) The lady was surprised. She smiled and explained that this was Balzac's own exercise book which he used when he was a little boy.
C) She brought him a young boy's exercise book. She said she wanted to know what Balzac thought of the boy's character.
D) Balzac, the famous French writer, was a man of great talent. He was very proud of his ability to tell a person's character by his or her handwriting.
E) He decided to tell the truth. The boy's exercise book showed that it was written by a bad, lazy fellow with no respect to other people.
She told him that the boy wasn't her son and asked him to tell her the truth. Balzac studied the boy's handwriting very carefully. (D, A, C, F, E, B)