Викторина «Legends of Valentine’s Day» для обучающихся 5-9 классов общеобразовательных учреждений.
Автор-составитель: Морозова Марина Александровна, учитель английского языка МАОУ «Средняя общеобразовательная школа № 29» г. Березники Пермского края
Адрес электронной почты: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. One legend says that he was the first man who sent “valentines” to his girlfriend:
2. What was the signature of that letter?
1) I love you
2) From your Valentine+
3) Forever yours
4) See you soon
3. When and where he lived, who was he?
1) He was a scientist in 270 in Greece
2) He was a soldier, who served during the 19th century in France
3) He was a magistrate, served during the 15th century in Russia
4) He was a priest, who served during the third century in Rome+
4. Why he was executed?
1) He got married himself despite the law forbidding marriage
2) He disobeyed the order of Emperor and secretly married young couples+
3) Emperor’s daughter was in love with him
4) He was in love with Emperor’s wife
5. What was the name of that Emperor?
3) Claudius II+
6. Why Emperor forbade men to marry?
1) He hated women
2) He decided that single men made better soldiers than those married+
3) He was not married
4) He didn’t like children
7. According to another legend the origin of the celebration can be traced back to a Roman festival, which name was:
8. Valentine’s Day was first celebrated in
9. In 1969 the Roman Catholic Church stopped celebrates of Valentine’s Day. Instead, they revere the memory of:
1) Saints Peter and Fevronia
2) Saints Cyril and Methodius+
3) Saint Tryphon
4) Saint Paul
10. Modern symbols of Valentine’s Day are:
1) Flowers, toys and sweets
3) Red heart, doves and the figure of the winger Cupid+
4) Red eggs
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|