Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Quiz : Great Britain What do you know about Great Britain?
Holidays in Great Britain
1) English people celebrate Christmas on the … A) 7th of January; B) 25th of December; C) 5th of December.
25th of December
2) A very big Christmas tree in the centre of London is a present from the people of… Norway; France; Russia.
3) What is true? All English people celebrate New Year; Not all English people celebrate New Year; c) English people don’t celebrate New Year.
Not all English people celebrate New Year
4) Children wear funny clothes, costumes of monsters, skeletons and witches on… St. Valentine’s Day; b) New Year Eve; c) Halloween.
5) St Valentine’s Day is a holiday of… love; business; friendship.
6) The English people celebrate Father’s Day in … May; June; July.
7) What do children usually do on Halloween? put their stockings near their beds; go from house to house; decorate the houses with autumn’s flowers and fruits.
go from house to house
8) On New Year’s Eve people in Great Britain… take a shower in the fountains on Trafalgar Square; eat pumpkin pies; play jokes and tricks.
take a shower in the fountains on Trafalgar Square
9)English people celebrate Easter … to remember their dead relatives and friends; to thank God for their good harvest; c) to welcome the start of spring.
to welcome the start of spring
10) English people don’t celebrate … Thanksgiving Day; b) Mother’s Day; c) New Year.
1) Who is she? a famous actress; a famous writer; the Queen.
the Queen of the UK
2) He lived in the forest with his friends and helped poor people. He is the national hero of Great Britain. a) Robin Bobbin; b) Peter Pan; c) Robin Hood.
3) A legendary king of Britain who lived in Camelot. King Arthur; King Richard; King Henry VIII
4) Pamela Travers wrote a story about two children and their … mother; nurse; dog.
5) Who acted Harry Potter? Daniel Radcliffe; Tom Felton; Rupert Grint.
6) Who was the greatest magician that helped King Arthur? Gandalf; b) Dumbledore; c) Merlin.
7) Who wrote “The Jungle Book”? Alan Milne; Matthew Barrie; Rudyard Kipling;.
8) What continent did James Cook discover? America; Africa; Australia.
9) Orlando Bloom didn’t act in… “Pirates of the Caribbean”; “ The Chronicles of Narnia”; “The Lord of the Rings”.
“The Chronicles of Narnia”
10) Who sang the song “Yellow Submarine”? “ABBA”; Britney Spears; “The Beatles”.
Animals, birds and plants in Great Britain
1) What animal can you see on the British coat of arms? a) a bear; b) a lion; c) a dragon.
2) What are the most favourite pets in Great Britain? dogs; birds; cats.
3) What animals don’t live in Great Britain? hares; deer; koala bears.
4) What animal is the symbol of work in Great Britain? a horse; a cow; a unicorn.
5) The national bird of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is … a robin redbreast; a turkey; an owl.
6) What plant is the symbol of peace in Great Britain? a rose; a birch tree; a poppy.
7) What birds live in the Tower of London? ravens; hens; swans.
8) Nana from the book “Peter Pan” is… a dog; a crocodile; a mouse.
9) What plant is the symbol of England? a daffodil; a rose; a shamrock.
10) What animal acts in all these books: “Rikki-Tikki-Tavi”, “Mowgli”, “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”? a snake; a tiger; a lion.
Food in Great Britain
1) “Full English breakfast” consists of: cereal, fruit juice, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, toasts with marmalade and coffee or tea; hamburgers, eggs, coca-cola, ice-cream and fruit; bacon, vegetable salad, potato, fish, bread and juice.
cereal, fruit juice, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, toasts with marmalade and coffee or tea
2) What is the most popular drink in Great Britain? coca-cola; coffee; tea.
3) What tea do the English like? tea with lemon; tea with sugar; tea with milk.
tea with milk
4) How many times a day do the English drink tea? three times; six times; four times.
5) What is true? the English eat a lot of bread; the English don’t eat a lot of bread; the English never eat bread with meat and vegetables.
the English don’t eat a lot of bread
6) What do the English like to eat porridge with? with milk; with meat; with vegetables.
7)When do the English children get chocolate rabbits? on their birthday; on Easter; on St. Patrick’s Day
8) What is the traditional English food on Christmas? roast turkey and pudding; roast turkey and pumpkin pie; roast turkey and cereal.
roast turkey and pudding
9) What is the most popular juice in Hogwarts? orange juice; tomato juice; pumpkin juice.
10) The English drink tea from … cups; glasses; saucers.