Викторина по английскому языку по специальности 20.02.01. – “Рациональное использование природохозяйственных комплексов”
NAME 5 RULES FOR RULES FOR SAVING ENERGY.
EXPLAIN WHAT GLOBAL WARMING IS.
EXPLAIN WHAT GREENHOUSE EFFECT IS.
EXPLAIN WHAT ACID RAIN IS.
NAME FORMS OF ENERGY.
TELL SOME FACTS ABOUT “GREENPEACE”.
COMPLETE THESE SENTENCES
the limited amount of
it is important to conserve
to use renewable sources
for future generations
a transparent blanket
this warming trend
alter our weather
a threat to human health
to reduce the environmental impact
SORT WORD TO : NOUNS, VERBS, WORD COMBINATIONS, ADJECTIVES .
acid rain, alter, atmosphere , transparent blanket , explosive, conserve , conservation ,consumption, rainforest, preserve, nuclear explosion, forecasts, dry up, dangerous, dump, empty, explode.
MAKE UP A SENTENCE WITH EACH WORD.
LOOK AT THE WORDS AND DIVIDE THEM INTO TWO GROUPS:
Plane crash, avalanche, typhoon, car accident, nuclear explosion, shipwreck, drought, acid rain, cloud-burst
PUT THE WORDS IN THE RIGHT ORDER AND WRITE DOWN THEIR SENTENCES:
• depends / this water / on / on / Earth / life / all.
• a / blanket / gases /of / by / surrounded / is / the / Earth.
• layer / the / ozone / scientists / are / about / concerned.
WHAT SENTENCES DO THESE LETTERS MAKE?
DEVIDE THE WORDS AND EXPRESSIONS GIVEN BELOW INTO TWO LISTS: "PROTECTORS OF THE ENVIRONMENT" AND "THREATS TO THE ENVIRONMENT", AND OTHERS AND TRANSLATE.
greenhouse effect, car, power station, national park, smog, Greenpeace, acid rain, urban development, recycling, species extinction, global warming, lead-free petrol, exhaust fumes, ozone layer, cutting down trees, toxic waste, rubbish, nuclear power station, hydroelectric power station, dustbins, human being, surrounding, weather forecasts, cause problems, conservationists, renewable sources.
15. PUT PHRASES IN THE RIGHT ORDER.
- And weather forecasts aren't very helpful, are they?
- Yes, that's just what happened yesterday.
- No, not very often. But there's nothing to be done, you'll have to put up with it.
- Well, I can't get used to such weather. It can change several times a day. It may be hot in the morning and very cold in the evening.
CORRECT THE SPELLING MISTAKES
Contry, Enviromant, Dangerus , Polution , Influnce , Humen, Heet , Greanhouse, Botls, Nacher, Distroi
GIVE ENGLISH EQUIVALENTS:
загрязнение окружающей среды, слабонаселенный, сельскохозяйственный , вызывающий загрязнение , густонаселенный , отходы , грунт, удобрение , пестицид, выращивать, потребление энергии, сохранение энергии, неистощимые богатства, инфракрасное излучение, .
TRANSLATE THE TEXT AND GIVE THE TITLE.
Our planet is the only place where a human being might live. Unfortunately, scientists haven’t yet discovered other planets, to where a person may move and live the rest of life. That’s why we have to take care of the Earth and look after our nature and surroundings as well as possible.
DO THE CROSSWORD.
1. how big or small something is
2. the process of making air, water, soil etc dangerously dirty and not suitable for people to use, or the state of being dangerously dirty
3. to make a liquid or other substance flow out of or into a container by holding it at an angle
4. to continue to live after an accident, war, or illness
5. a person, organization, group etc is able to control and influence events and other people's actions
6. the number of people living in a particular area, country etc
7. existing in nature and not caused, made, or controlled by people
8. a place where unwanted waste is taken and left
9. to affect the way someone or something develops, behaves, thinks etc without directly forcing or ordering them
10. now, compared with what happened in the past
11. involving a lot of risk, or likely to cause problems
12. to spend time reading, going to classes etc in order to learn about a subject
How Green Are You?
1. If you had a lot of old newspapers and empty bottles, would you ...
a) leave them on the pavement?
b) put them in a rubbish bin?
c) recycle them?
2. If somebody offered to give you one of the following as a gift, which would you choose?
a) a big, fast car
b) a motorbike
c) a bicycle
3. If you were in the middle of a city and wanted to go somewhere one or two kilometres away, would you...
a) take a taxi?
b) take a bus?
4. If you had a picnic on the beach, what would I you do with your rubbish? Would you ...
a) leave your rubbish on the beach?
b) put your rubbish in the first bin you found?
c) take your rubbish home?
5 If you had 1000$ to spend, would you ...
a) buy a fur coat?
b) go on a safari?
c) adopt a dolphin?
6. A local beach has been polluted with oil. You
A) do nothing.
B) donate money for the clean-up project.
C) volunteer to help with the clean-up project.
7. If you were asked to contribute to a Save the Animals project, you would
A) refuse to give anything.
B) give a small amount.
C) give generously.
mostly a's: You're not very green, are you? Please look after our world before it's too late!
mostly b's: You're trying to be more green but you don't always get it right. Learn more about the environment and think before.
mostly c's: Well done! You're really green! We need more people like you to help us save our environment.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|