Викторина по английскому языку по теме «New York»
The «fruit» name of New York is …
«Big Apple» b) «Big Lemon» c) «Big Orange »
The New York City consists of … boroughs
7 b) 5 c) 3
The New York City is the … centre of the U.S.A.
music b) business c) cultural
What’s the name of the river New York is situated on?
The Hudson b) the Mississippi c) the Missouri
When was the city founded?
in 1613 b) in 1615 c) in 1600
What’s the name of the main street in New York?
Hayden Str. b) Wall Str. c ) Stanford Str.
The name of the highest well known place in New York is …
The Statue of Liberty b) The Metropolitan Museum of Art
c) The Empire State Building
8) The total area of New York is about …
a) 900 sq km b) 1000 sq km c) 1100 sq km
9) The Statue of Liberty was a present from …
a) Germany b) France c) Italy
10) What is located in Broadway?
a) cinemas b) banks c) factories
11) The New York City is the biggest …
a) industrial centre b) seaport c) transport centre
12) The population of New York with its suburbs amounts to …
a) 16 mill people b) 20 mill people c) 15 mill people
13) The height of the Empire State Building in New York is …
a) 443 m b) 448 m c) 452 m
14) The building of military government is called …
a) Pentatrix b) Pentagon c) Pentastix
15) The longest bridge in New York is …
a) Brooklyn Bridge (1825 m) b)Williamsburg Bridge (2228 m)
c) Manhattan Bridge (2090 m)