Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
special occasions- особые события Wedding- свадьба Anniversary- годовщина Celebrate-праздновать Christmas- рождество Easter-пасха playing tricks- разыграть розыгрыш turkey- индейка Independence day-день независимости.
1. When is Halloween celebrated? 2. What are the symbols of Halloween? 3. What is the tradition for children?
What country did pilgrims come from? What happened in unknown country? Who helped the pilgrims? What dishes do Americans eat this day?
When is Christmas celebrated? Who comes that day? What do Americans hang on the door?. What do young people do under the mistletoe? 5. How did Santa Clause get its name? 6.What is the part of Christmas?
When is st. Patrick’s day celebrated? What is the symbol of the holiday What is the popular color of that day?
-When is the holiday celebrated? -What is the symbol of the holiday?
Anniversary, Easter, Halloween, marriage, Christmas, Thanksgiving day, birthday, st. Patrick’s day, Valentines day, New Year.
Праздники, отражать историю страны, различные страны, пасха, рождество, праздновать, день независимости, день трудящихся, день благодарения, выживать, белый камень, индейка.
turkey, Easter, celebrate, holiday, firework 1. On New Year we watch _____. 2. What is your favorite _______? 3. On Thanksgiving Americans usually eat _______ 4. On ______ we color eggs. 5. Americans _______ Christmas on the 25th of December?
Answer the questions. What do the holidays reflect? When do Americans celebrate Christmas? Is 1st of January widely celebrated? What is the most important holiday in USA?
Краткое описание документа:
T.:Nowwewillcarryoutacompetition(на экране презентация – приложение 2)
Answer the question:
• 1. What is the capital of the USA?
• 2. How do people call the American flag?
• 3. When did Christopher Columbus discover America?
• 4. What do Americans celebrate on the 4 of July?
• 5. How many stars are there on the American flag?
• 6. How many stripes are there on the flag? Why?
• 7. What is the largest state in America?
• 8. What are the colors of the American flag?
• 9. How many people do live in the USA?
• 10. Who was the first President of the USA?
• 11. Who is the President now?
• 12. Who discovered America?
• 13. What is the official name of the USA?
Match the holidays and their dates.
• 1.New Year's Day is March 17
• 2.The Chinese New Year is October 31
• 3.Abraham Lincoln's Birthday is the second Monday in October
• 4.George Washington's Birthday is the last Monday in May
• 5.St Patrick's Day is January 1
• 6.Memorial Day is February 22
• 7.Labor Day is the first Monday in September
• 8.Columbus Day is February 12
9.Halloween is in early February