Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Внеклассное мероприятие среди учеников 8-х классов на тему: Вокруг Британии за 45 минут
Dear guests, we are glad to see you at School Quiz Contest among the students of the eighth form. The topic of the Contest is Around Britain in 45 minutes. We have two teams. Team “#1”, Team “#2”. The rules: If the answer is right the team gets some points. If it is wrong the other team answers the question. Good luck to you!
You need to colour the flag of the UK. Do it as fast as you can. The fastest team gets 3 points.
2 Your first task is to listen to three songs and answer the question. Which anthem is the anthem of The UK? Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming; Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight, O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming? God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
O Canada! Our home and native land! True patriot love in all thy sons command. With glowing hearts we see thee rise, The True North strong and free! From far and wide, O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
Match the flower symbols with the names of the countries. Name them. For each right answer you get one point. England Scotland Wales Northern Ireland
Name what is depicted on the photo 1 2
5. What is the official name of the UK? 6. What is the capital city of the United Kingdom?
7. How many countries are there in the United Kingdom? 8. What parts does the UK consist of?
9. What is the capital city of Wales? 10. Name the national costume of Scottish people?
11. Where is Belfast situated? 12. What creature can we see on the Welsh flag?
13. What was the name of the king who established the Anglican Church in England in order to get a divorce? 14. What is the longest river in the UK?
16. What is the tallest mountain in Wales? 15. What is the capital city of Scotland?
17.How is the British flag called? 18. What monster lives in a Scottish lake?
19. What is the capital city of Northern Ireland? 20. What is the Queen's name?
21. What is a famous museum of wax figures? 22. The London Underground is often called…?
23. What is the name of the admiral who died in a sea battle in 1805 and has a monument in Trafalgar Square, London? 24. Who is the famous Scottish actor who played James Bond 007?
25. What theatre was organized by W. Shakespeare? 26. Where does the Changing of the Guard take place?
27. What is the name of the football stadium in London? 28. What is the official residence of the Prime Minister of the UK?
29. Where does the tennis championship take place? 30. What is the name of the largest clock that strikes every hour?
31. Who is famous for the fictional stories about the detective Sherlock Holmes? 32. Which famous writer was born in Stratford-upon-Avon?
33. What is a double-decker? 34. Which side of the road are cars driven on in Britain?
35. What is the highest mountain in the United Kingdom? 36. Where is the Giant's Causeway situated?
37. What is the name of the wars between the house of York and the house of Lancaster? 38. What city was built on the nine hills which are long-dead volcanoes?
39. What is the name of the ship built in Belfast with tragic history? 40. What country has the second name as Ulster?
41. What is the name of the holiday described in the poem? Remember, remember the 5th of November, Gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder treason, Should ever be forgot. Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent To blow up the King and Parliament. Three score barrels of powder below, Poor old England to overthrow; By God’s providence he was catch’d With a dark lantern and burning match. Holloa boys, holloa boys, make the bells ring. Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King! Hip hip hoorah!"
42. Watch the video and say what event is shown there?
Now guests have an opportunity to ask questions to our teams.
(Ученики из зала описывают достопримечательности Британии, команды угадывают)
43. It is the largest square. You can see a tall column. People go there to see the New Year in. 44. It is the largest clock. It strikes every hour. Many tourists want to see it.
45. It is situated in the City of London and is more than 900 years old. It was a fortress, a palace, a prison, a royal zoo. Now it's a museum. It's famous for the Queen's ravens and the Raven Master who takes care of them. 46. It's the finest Renaissance church in Europe planned and built by Christopher Wren. Admiral Nelson is buried here. It's famous for its monuments and memorials.
47. It is a wonderful building. The Queen Victoria Memorial is situated in front of it. It takes you ten minutes to get from this building to Trafalgar Square, which is the center of London. The Queen of Great Britain lives there.
48. Now your task is to recite the poem from English literature.
Arrow and the Song, The by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow The Arrow and the Song I shot an arrow into the air, It fell to earth, I knew not where; For, so swiftly it flew, the sight Could not follow it in its flight. I breathed a song into the air, It fell to earth, I knew not where; For who has sight so keen and strong, That it can follow the flight of song? Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke; And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend. Robert Burns - My Heart My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here, My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer, A-chasing the wild deer and following the roe, My hearts's in the Highlands, wherever I go. Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North, The birthplace of valour, the country of worth! Wherever I wander, wherever I rove, The hills of the Highlands for ever I love. Farewell to the mountains high cover'd with snow, Farewell to the straths and green valleys below, Farewell to the forests and wild-hanging woods, Farewell to the torrents and long-pouring floods! My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here, My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer, A-chasing the wild deer and following the roe, My hearts's in the Highlands, wherever I go. Команды зачитывают стихи
The winner of today’s contest is Team # (1,2) They are awarded with the Certificate of Merit
Certificate of Merit Awarded to students of grade 8 f for taking part in School Quiz Contest “Around Britain in 45 minutes ” March 2014
Certificate of Merit Awarded to students of grade 8 b for taking part in School Quiz Contest “Around Britain in 45 minutes ” March 2014
Краткое описание документа:
Целью данного внеклассного мероприятия (викторина) является актуализация полученных знаний по темам "Великобритания" Задачи которые ставятся перед учителем направлены на повторение изученного страноведческого материала об истории, о географическом положении, о национальных символах, о литературе Великобритании; научить переносить полученные знания в новую ситуацию общения, способствовать повышению мотивации к изучению иностранного языка, формировать чувство организованности, уважения к сопернику, умения работать в команде. Мероприятие проводится в форме викторины с тематическими вопросами.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|