МБОУ «СОШ №5 с углубленным изучением отдельных
предметов г. Шебекино Белгородской области»
по теме «Мой город Шебекино»
(для учащихся 9 – 11-х классов)
Учитель английского языка
Киян Ирина Владимировна
повторение изученного материала по теме «Город»;
развитие умений говорения в процессе творческого общения учащихся друг с другом;
закрепление лексических и орфографических навыков;
активизация страноведческих знаний;
повышение интереса учащихся к изучению английского языка.
Оборудование: компьютер, проектор, экран, карточки с вопросами, диск с
видеофильмами «Шебекино», эмблемы
1. Организационный момент.
На экране появляются слайды о Шебекино, звучит песня о городе.
После просмотра слайдов на сцену выходят ведущие.
Pupil 1: Good afternoon!
Pupil 2: Good afternoon everybody!
P.1: We are glad to see you!
P.2: Today we shall have a competition between two teams. The topic of our competition is “My town Shebekino”. You have just watched the film about Shebekino. You see our town is getting nice from year to year.
2. Представление команд.
P.1: It’s time to introduce our teams to you.
P.2: Please come here. (На сцену выходят команды.)
The first team is called “Crazy Monsters”. These are pupils of the 10th form. The second team is called “Nameless”. Those are pupils of the 11th form. Greet them! The members of the teams will do some tasks which are divided into 6 rounds.
P.1: Let’s find out who are the captains of these groups. Please introduce yourselves! (Капитаны представляются I’m …)
P.2: Let’s introduce our jury! ( Zavyalova Y.V., an English teacher,
3. Конкурс I.
P.1: Well! Let us start our “Brain-ring”! (Звучит музыка.)
The first task was to make up the motto of the team and the emblems. We see that you had prepared your emblems. And what about your motto?
(Команды представляют свои девизы.)
I. “Two Heads Better”. II. “Better Late Than Never”
P.2: The jury gives points to each team. (Жюри оценивает этот конкурс по пятибалльной системе.) (Команды занимают места в зале. Take your seats.)
4. Конкурс II.
P.2: Well! The second competition is for the captains. They had prepared their hometasks: the presentations about our native town Shebekino. Are you ready?
P.1: Who is the first? (Капитаны демонстрируют презентации.) ... is the first. Please will you begin?
P.2: The jury will count points. (Жюри оценивает.)
5. Конкурс III.
P.1: The next task. Choose 4 pupils from each team. (One team is on the right, the other is on the left.) You must answer our questions. They are connected with our town, its history. Our teams will answer our questions one by one. The first question is for the pupils of the 10th form. Let’s start! (На правильный ответ отвечать – right, на неправильный – wrong).
P.2: Listen to me attentively! The first question is …
P.1: The next question.
(Участники отвечают на вопросы.)
P.2: Well! Our third round is over. The jury will count points. (Жюри оценивает.)
6. Конкурс IV.
P.1: Are you tired? OK! Let’s do some exercises! Please stand up! Do the exercises with Sveta. (Света проводит физкультминутку.)
Let’s continue. The next task is for 4 pupils from each team. You get the cards with tests. It is interesting to find out if you know something about English-speaking countries. You’ll have 10 minutes to choose the correct variant and to circle it.
P.2: Come here! Please take the paper and pencils. Are you ready? Start then!
P.1: While the members of the teams are doing their tasks we are listening to a song. The girls of the 11th form are going to sing now. The song “Yesterday”.
P.2: Please applause! And now you will listen to a poem. (Читает Катя).
P.1: The translation from English to Russian is read by Helen (10 «Б»).
P.2: The members of the teams have managed their tests. Hand in your sheets of paper! I’ll pass them to jury.
P.1: The jury will check up the tests and give points to each team.
7. Конкурс V.
P.2: The fifth task for you. I want 1 pupil from each team to come here. You must name the (Участники по очереди называют слова по теме «Город».)
P.1: All right! You have done it very well! Let’s clap to them! The jury will give points to each team. Meanwhile our teams are preparing for the next competition.
8. Конкурс VI.
P.2: It’s time to listen to the last task. I ask all the participants to come here. (Все участники поднимаются на сцену.) Imagine! The group of tourists from London is coming to our town. You are meeting them. You must make up the dialogue and act it out using about 8 replies. I’ll give you about 6 minutes to discuss it.
P.1: Now we have a rest! Let’s listen to the song “Frozen”! (Учащиеся 9 «А» класса исполняют песню, Яна.)
P.2: You can sing songs very well. Thank you!
P.1: Do you know the song “Pasadena”? If you don’t know you’ll listen to it! (Учащиеся 11 кл. исполняют песню “Pasadena”.)
P.2: The participants are ready to speak. The first team, be ready! (Участники инсценируют встречу.)
P.1: Well! Thanks! The second team, be ready! (Участники инсценируют встречу.)
P.2: Excellent! Now our “Brain-ring” is over! Our jury will give points to each team.
P.1: Let’s listen to the song now. (Поют учащиеся 9 класса.)
9. Подведение итогов.
P.2: We all are interested who the winner is. Our jury is ready to say about it.
Jury: The team “ … “ has … points. The team “ … “ has … points. So, the team “ … “ is the winner.
P.1: You have won!!! Let’s congratulate the winners! Clap your hands!
P.2: Our congratulations! Thank you for the game!
P.1: It’s time to say good bye!
P.1: Our competition is over.
P.2: Let’s sing a song together! (Все поют песню «Подмосковные вечера»- “Moscow Suburb Nights”.)
P.1: Thank you! Good luck to you! (Звучит музыка.)
P.2: Have a nice day!
1. The date of the formation of Belgorod region. (January 6th, 1954)
2. When was the flag of Belgorod region affirmed? (2000)
3. When was Belgorod region’s coat of arms affirmed? (1996)
4. The bird which is a prototype of an eagle by making of the Belgorod province’s
first coat of arms. (Cockerel)
5. When was worker’s town transformed into town Shebekino? (1938)
6. What is the symbol of Shebekino? (Watch tower and horseshoe)
7. What year did Belgorod become regional centre? (1954)
8. How many regions is Belgorod region made up of? (21)
9. When did settlement of Shebekino appeared for the first time on the map of the
Russian empire? (1713)
10. Who was the first director of chemical plant – the largest enterprise of our
country? (Альтерман Г.Б.)
11. When was the coat of arms of Shebekino district and town of Shebekino
12. When was the flag of Shebekino district and town of Shebekino affirmed?
13. How many rivers more than 100 km flow through the territory of Belgorod
14. Name the centre of the district in which there is Dmitriyevski archaeological
Complex and Krapivenski site of ancient town (or settlement) of the 12 – 13
15. Name the rivers which flow through the territory of Shebekino and Shebekino
district. (Коренёк, Нежеголь, Северский Донец.)
16. What is our Shebekino territory famous for? (Chalk)
17. How did the name of the town Shebekino appeared? ( Shebeko I.D. – the
first possessor of the settlement.)
18. What year was Belgorod region rewarded with Order of Lenin? (1967)
19. What year was Belgorod rewarded with order of the Patriotic War of the First
20. How many people from Shebekino are conferred the title of Hero of the Soviet
1. What is the nickname of the flag of the USA?
a) Union Jack b) Old Glory c) the Capital
2. What is the world’s tallest stone structure situated in Washington?
a) Washington Monument b) Lincoln Memorial c) Palace of Justice
3. At first Native Americans were called …
a) Indians b) Europeans c) Aboriginals
4. Which holiday is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November?
a) Halloween b) Independence day c) Thanksgiving Day
5. Who chose the place for the capital?
a) Amerigo Vespucci b) George Washington c) Native Americans
6. The Declaration of Independence was written on …
a) July 4 b) April 1 c) September 7
1. What river does London stand on?
a) the Severn b) the Trent c) the Thames d) the Potomac
2. Choose the real governing body of Great Britain.
a) the House of Lords b) the House of Commons c) a monarch
3. How old is London?
a) 1000 b) 1500 c) 2000 d) 2500
4. What building is situated in the centre of Trafalgar Square?
a) the National Gallery b) Nelson Column c) Trajan’s Column
5. From what countries did Anglo-Saxons come to Britain?
a) France and Germany b) Greece and France c) Germany and Scandinavia
6. What is the Union Jack?
a) the national flag of the UK b) trade union organization c) monument
1. What is the official name of the country?
a) Australia b) the Commonwealth of Australia
2. What is the capital of Australia?
a) Canberra b) Sydney
3. Who discovered Australia?
a) K.Prjevalski b) James Cook c) F. Magellan
4. Who is at the head of the country?
a) Elizabeth I b) Elizabeth II
5. What is the longest river in Australia?
a) the Darling b) Murray
6. What city hosted the 2002 Summer Olympic Games?
a) Sydney b) Canberra
7. Which animal is considered to be the king of Australian animals?
a) Dingo b) Kangaroo