в 7 классе
Тема: English-speaking countries
Закрепление страноведческого материала по теме «Англо-говорящие страны»;
Совершенствование навыков аудирования, чтения и монологической речи;
Совершенствование лингвострановедческой компетенции учащихся.
Развитие лингвистической догадки;
2) Развитие интеллектуальных способностей.
Приобщение учащихся к культуре и традициям англо-говорящих стран;
Воспитание умения работать в команде.
мультимедийное оборудование, презентация , видеоклип;
флаги пяти стран;
рабочие листы с контурами стран;
T: Good morning, dear children. How are you? Today we will play a game devoted to one interesting topic. And I would like you to see this video file.
What associations do you have with what you have just seen?
(Barack Obama, Big Ben, The Statue of Liberty, Westminster Abbey)
What is Barack Obama? Where can you see Big Ben? What country is the Statue of Liberty in? What is common with these countries? What language do people in America and Great Britain speak? What do you think about the topic of our lesson?
Today our lesson is devoted to the topic “English-speaking countries”. As it is clear from the title we will speak about those countries where the official language is English. And I want to offer you to have a competition. For this competition you should split up into two teams. Let’s do it I have cards of two colours. Please take a card out of the box. The pupils with green cards will play in the first team. The pupils with yellow cards will play in the second one.
Команды рассаживаются за два стола.
Teacher: Please, give the names to your teams. They should be connected with the topic of our lesson “English-Speaking countries”. Well, now your teams have names and we can start.
Our first competition is “Shape”.
Каждой команде раздаются листы, на которых нарисованы контуры различных англо-говорящих стран: Великобритании, Соединённых Штатов Америки, Австралии, Канады, новой Зеландии. Учащиеся получают задание определить по контуру название страны.
So, I’ll give each team these sheets of paper. You can see the shapes of different English-speaking countries there. Guess what countries have such shapes. You have three minutes for this task.
В течение трёх минут учащиеся обсуждают свои ответы.
Teacher: Well. Time is up. Let’s check. Please, put your sheets of paper on the blackboard.
Учащиеся обеих команд вывешивают свои листы с контурами и подписанными под ними странами на доску и вместе с учителем проверяют свои ответы.
Teacher: Well, let’s name all English-speaking countries once more.
Pupils: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
Teacher: That’s right.
II. The next competition is “Stop Game”
Teacher: So, the rules of this game are the following: I read you some texts about English-speaking countries but I don't mention the name of the country. You listen to me very attentively and try to guess this country. If you are ready to answer you can cry: "Stop!" and name the country. If the answer is right you'll one point. If the answer is wrong I continue my reading. The other team has right to answer. The team that will guess more countries wins. Are the rules of the game clear? Let's begin then.
Texts for reading
1) This country is situated in the central part of the North American continent. It is one of the most powerful and advanced countries in the world. New York is the financial and cultural center of the country. It has the third largest population in the world. It’s a real melting pot. It is washed by two oceans: the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean. It is the fourth largest nation in the world. The head of the state is President.
2) This country is situated on a group of islands lying in the north-west part of the continent of Europe. There are no high mountains, no very long river, and no great forest in this country. The population of the country is almost fifty-six million. It is a capitalist's country. The head of the state is the Queen. This country consists of four parts. (The United Kingdom of Great Britain)
3) This country is the second largest country in the world. It shares with the USA seven of the world’s largest lakes and also has three of the world’s longest rivers. The maple leaf is the official emblem of the country. There are two official languages in the country, English and French. (Canada)
4) It is a small and quit country in the Pacific Ocean. It consists of two main islands and some smaller islands. It looks like Italy upside down. When it’s summer in Europe, it’s winter in the country. When it’s time to go to bed in Europe, it’s time to go to work in this country.
The population of the country is mixed. The official languages are English and Maori. New Zealand is sometimes called “The World’s Biggest Farm”. It is famous for its products: butter, cheese, meat. (New Zeeland)
5) It is the biggest island and the smallest continent in the world. It is the only country in the world which occupies a whole continent and some islands around it. It’s a large country, but it’s population is only 18.3 million people.. Sometimes this country is called “Oz” or “the Lucky Country”. You can meet amazing animals in this country such as panda, kangaroo and many others. (Australia)
III. The last competition is called “Quiz”
Teacher: Well, the rules of the quiz are the following. Each team should choose a sector and points they like and I read you a question for the sector. If your answer is wrong the other team may answer the same question. Take turns in choosing the sectors. Are the rules clear?
Questions (1 point)
What is the capital of the United Kingdom? (London)
What is the capital of Australia? (Canberra)
What is the capital of New Zealand? (Wellington)
What is the capital of the USA? (Washington)
What is the capital of Canada? (Ottawa)
Paris - лишнее
Questions (2 points)
1) What is the UK called? (an island state)
2) What is the USA called? (a real melting pot)
3) What is Canada called? (the second largest country in the world)
4) What is Australia called? (a“ Lucky Country”)
5) What is New Zealand called? (the World’s Biggest Farm, Italy upside down
Questions (3 points)
1) What is the national symbol of the UK? (The symbol of England is a red rose, the symbol of Scotland is a thistle, the symbol of Wales is a daffodil and leek, the symbol of Northern Ireland is a shamrock.)
2) What is the national symbol of Australia? (The kangaroo and emu)
3) What is the national symbol of America? (The bald eagle)
4) What is the national symbol of Canada? (The maple leaf)
5) What is the national symbol of New Zealand? (The bird kiwi)
Questions (4 points)
What can you see if you go to the UK? (Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, London Eye ,Trafalgar Square)
2) What can you see if you go to the USA? (The Statue of Liberty, the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, Central park)
3) What can you see if you go to the Canada? (the Niagara Falls, Stanley Park, the Tower clock of Peace, Roy Thomson Concert Hall )
4) What can you see if you go to the Australia? (Sydney Opera House, Luna Park, St Mary's Catholic Cathedral)
5) What can you see if you go to the New Zealand? (Tane Mahuta, Kuirau Park, Rotorua Museum)
Questions (5 points)
What are the people in the UK famous for? (William Shakespeare is a playwright, Diana is a princess, H. Nelson is an admiral, R. Kipling is a writer, Elizabeth II is the Queen of the UK)
What are the people in the USA famous for? (Christopher Columbus discovered America, George Washington was the first president of the USA, Madonna is a famous singer, Barack Obama is a president of the USA)
What are the people in Canada famous for? (Mike Fisher is a famous hockey player, Avril Lavigne is a singer, Joseph Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada)
What are the people in Australia famous for? (Nicole Kidman is an actress, Alan Marshall is a writer, Julia Gillard is the Prime Minister of Australia)
What are the people in New Zealand famous for? (Ernest Rutherford is the father of nuclear physics, Katherine Mansfield is a writer, John Key is the Prime Minister of New Zealand)
Teacher: Well done. You know a lot about English-speaking countries. But let’s see who the winner in our competition is. Who has more points?
Учитель вместе с учениками подсчитывает результаты соревнования и объявляет победившую команду.
Teacher: Well, thank you for the lesson. Bye!
|Подраздел||Другие методич. материалы|
Свидетельство о публикации данного материала автор может скачать в разделе «Достижения» своего сайта.