«Писатели стран изучаемого языка»
Цели: обобщение изученного материала по теме «Писатели стран изучаемого языка»; совершенствование навыков устной речи; актуализация страноведческого материала.
Оборудование: игральный кубик; молоточек; «фунты»; карточки с вопросами; призы по6едителям.
- Hello, my dear boys and girls! We are glad to greet you at our auction! All children like to play. That’s why we shall play the game “Auction” today. There are two teams in our classroom and we have three members of our jury today. The first one is called ..., and its captain is … . The 2-nd team is called …, and
its captain is … . The members of our jury are: … .
-Do you know how to play “Auction”? Listen to me, please.
Учитель приветствует детей и объясняет им правила игры.
- Now listen to the rules of our auction. It consists of stages, each of them includes 5 questions. These questions deal with some writers of the English-speaking countries. Let’s choose the 1st theme. This die will help us to do it.
Ведущий бросает кубик и читает тему.
-Oh, it’s “Mark Twain”. Do you like his stories? You do! So, if you have a question on this topic, you have to buy it. So the 1st lot is “Mark Twain” and the starting price is 10 pounds. Who wants to buy it for 10 pounds? One, two, three – it is sold. So, you’ve bought the question and you’ve bought the
right to answer it. But if your answer is wrong, the other team could give its version. Now, please, captain, come to me and choose one of these cards. So, your question is … it costs (...) points. You have 30 seconds to discuss it.
-What is your answer?
-It’s right (wrong)... and you’ve got your 1st point today.
-The next question will be about (бросает кубик) Jack London.
-Who wants to have a question about him?
-So. The final score is ... . Let’s congratulate the winners.
-Please, go to the jury to get your prize!
-Thank you for the game. Thanks to our jury for their work.
1. “Mark Twain”
1) What are the two of Mark Twain’s masterpieces?
(His two masterpieces are “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer”
and “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”.)
2) How did Mark Twain get his education? (4 points)
(He never finished elementary school and he got his education
from his observations of the people and the events on the
western bank of the Mississippi River.)
3) When did Mark Twain become famous? (3 points)
(He became famous in 1865.)
4) What was Mark Twain’s real name? (5 points)
(His real name was Samuel Langhorn Clemens.)
5) What was his hobby? (2 points)
(His hobby was collecting things which nobody had.)
2. “Jack London”
1) When and where was Jack London born? (2 points)
(Jack London was born in 1876 in San Francisco.)
2) What book is he best-known for? (5 points)
(He is best-known for his book “The Call of the Wild”.)
3) Why did he go to Alaska in 1897? (4 points)
(He went to Alaska to find gold.)
4) How many stories about the North did Jack London
write? (1 point)
(Jack London wrote 152 stories about the North.)
5) Why did Jack London have to leave school? (3 points)
(Jack London had to leave school to make money because
his family was very poor.)
3. “William Shakespeare”
1) Where was William Shakespeare born? (1 points)
(He was born in Stratford – on – Avon.)
2) How many plays did he write? (3 points)
(He wrote 37 plays, many books and poems.)
3) What great play was written in 1601 by William
Shakespeare? (4 points)
(“Hamlet” was written in 1601.)
4) What church was Shakespeare buried in? (5 points)
(Shakespeare was buried in the Holy Trinity Church.)
5) When did William Shakespeare die? (2 points)
(He died on his birthday on the 23rd of April in 1616.)
4. “Ernest Hemingway”
1) Where and when was Ernest Hemingway born? (2 points)
(He was born in Oak Park, Illinois, in 1899.)
2) How many novels did Hemingway write? (2 points)
(He wrote six novels.)
3) What books of Ernest Hemingway were made into films?
(His books “The Old Man and the Sea”, “The Sun Also
Rises” and “A Farewell to Arms” were made into films.)
4) What influenced Ernest Hemingway’s early short fiction?
(His outdoor life in the American mid-west influenced his
early short fiction.)
5) What did he do to earn money for living? (3 points)
(He worked as a hunter, fisherman, boxer, soldier, war
correspondent and an author.)
5. “Agatha Christie”
1) When was Agatha Christie born? (2 points)
(She was born in 1890.)
2) Where did Agatha Christie get her education? (2 points)
(She got her education at home.)
3) When did she become famous? (3 points)
(She became famous in 1926.)
4) What kind of stories did Agatha Christie write? (4 points)
(She wrote detective stories.)
5) How many novels and plays did Agatha Christie write?
(Agatha Christie wrote 68 novels and 17 plays.)
6. “James Hadly Chase”
1) Where was James Hadly Chase born? (2 points)
(He was born in London.)
2) When did James Hadly Chase die? (2 points)
(He died in 1985.)
3) How did James Hadly Chase earn money for living?
(He worked as a bookseller and a writer.)
4) When was James Hadly Chase born? (4 points)
(James Hadly Chase was born in 1906.)
5) How many books did James Hadly Chase write?
(James Hadly Chase wrote 78 books.)
Номер материала: ДВ-124941
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|