Внутритехникумовская олимпиада по английскому языку
5 баллов за каждый правильный ответ.
I. Choose the right variant:
1. The noise from the motorway traffic is … in the summer.
a) much loudest b) more louder c) louder d) most louder
2. The house is in a mess now, because the plumber … in a new bath.
a) puts b) was put c) had put d) is putting
3. Mr. Chain … his signature on these documents yet, so they can’t be mailed.
a) didn’t put b) hasn’t put c) hadn’t put d) doesn’t put
4. When I found my wallet I discovered that somebody … my driving licence out of it.
a) has taken b) took c) was taking d) had taken
5. He asked me where I … with my friends the previous week.
a) went b) was going c) had gone d) were going
II. Use the given word at the end of each line to form a word that fits the gap.
1. They spent their … in a small town in Scotland. (child)
2. Air pollution has reached a … level in some industrial cities. (danger)
3. The pupils gathered at the main … of the school. (enter)
4. They had no visas and their staying in the country was … . (legal)
III. Change the nouns and verbs into adjectives.
Attract, climate, China, differ, destroy, economy, France, nation, Poland, please.
IV. Choose the correct word in brackets to complete the sentences.
1. Our trip to Brest was really ... (exciting / excited).
2. I was in fact... (shocked / shocking) when she coloured her hair orange.
3. The teacher felt... (disappointed / disappointing) by the students' results.
4. I am not really ... (excited / exciting) by the films about James Bond.
V. Write the sentences in reported speech.
When I entered the classroom, my friend asked me:
1) Why are you late?
2) Will you go to the gym after the lessons? Then he said:
3) Sit next to me.
4) Don't go to the canteen without me.
VI. Choose the best variant of translating the underlined phrase: