Theme: Why is sleep important?
Aims of the lesson: Teaching: To enable pupils to understand their surrounding their attitude to life, to make important decisions.
Developing: To improve pupils skills and habits in thinking, reading and speaking.
Up- bringing: To bring up to protect a nature.
I. Organization moment (duty’s report).
Talking about the weather.
II. New lesson: Three things you might(or might not)know about sleep.
1.Every night we experience four or five sleep cycles, which are made up of four different stages. Each stage is quiet different and shows our well-being and health.
2. When a child or a teenager is in deep sleep, their body produces growth homones, so maybe there’s some truth in the old saying:”Early to bed and you’ll grow tall.
3. If you live an average lifetime, you’ll spend about twenty years asleep. Sleep like eating, drinking and breathing is a basic human need.
Insomniac- a person who has difficulty with sleep. Effectively-пайдалы,decreasing-кему,азаю, concentrade-тоқтау,көңіл бөлу,назар, minor irritations-кішкене ашулану,наразылық,injury-зиян,өкпе,estimates-бағалау,есептеую
III. Divide the class into three groups: a)Why is sleep important?
b) How much sleep is enough? c) What couses sleeplessness?
1) How many hours of sleep do we need?
2)How does sleep help you?
3)What couses insomnia? 4)What’s the solution of the sleeping problem?
5) In what way does insomnia make our life difficult?
6)Do all people need certain hours of sleep?
IV. Write the words and practice the pronounciation.ex6 p 59
All the words appear in the text. Match them with their definitions ex8 p 60
2)measure – to find size, amount
3)strained –nervous and tired
4)concentrate-keep one’s attention on smth
5)injury- damage to the body coused by an accident
6) decline-become lower
7)prevent- stop or keep a person from doing smth.
1) Adults need an average 7 or 8 hours.
2)It helps you feel good, work effectively and think clearly.
3)Common reasons: job-related pressures, a family or marriage problem, a serious illness or death in the family.
4)It’s a good idea to talk to a physician and to find out how to take steps early to control or prevent it.
5) It makes our life less productive, decreasing our ability to remember things, concentrate and cope with minor irritations.
6) Some people need to sleep only 5 hours, for others it’s difficult to have productive life, unless they’ve slept for 10 full hours.
VI. Your marks for today. Your homework ex4,5. The lesson is over. Good-bye!