Adj. Nouns Verbs
Single just good friends to split up
Engaged fiancee to go steady with
Married fiancé to divorce
Separated a maid of honour to go out with
Divorced to date
Widowed Widow to marry
They are quite serious
#2. Find antonyms.
Single to divorce
To date married
To marry to split up
Just good friends fiancee
Fiance a couple
#3. Read and translate.
Thanks for all your news. Things are normal here, as usual. Mike and I have split up – we both felt we had had enough of each other. He’s dating a girl who was going steady with Jack, when you were here – I think, they are quite serious – and I’m seeing a film producer called Harvey who’s waiting for his divorce to come through. We are more than “just good friends”, but I don’t know how long it will last. But I hope we will marry soon, after his divorce, because he has already bought a wedding ring. So I think, you will be my a maid of honour.
Kisses and hugs,
№4. Fill the gaps with the given words.
1. I’m ____________ a boy, called John. We are quite serious.
2. My husband and I are already _______ for 10 years.
3. We couldn’t understand each other, so we ___________
4. I’m still _______, but in the near future I’m going to date with my friend.
5. – We are__________! – I don’t believe in it, you look at each other so loving.
|Подраздел||Другие методич. материалы|
Свидетельство о публикации данного материала автор может скачать в разделе «Достижения» своего сайта.