Write the words correctly.
Match the words with the transcription.
Match the words with the pictures and the words at the blackboard.
1. Read the story. The word “sandwich” appeared from the name of
a small town
The Earl of Sandwich lived in the XVIII century. He liked playing cards for money. He often played day and night. Once he played for 24 hours. His servants brought him food - some meat and some bread. The Earl didn't want to stop playing while he ate. He put some meat between two pieces of bread. In this way he could play without stopping for eating. From the name of this man the word Sandwich appeared.
2. Read the story again and say if the sentences are true or false.
1. The Earl of Sandwich lives in our time.
2. He was fond of playing cards for money.
3. The Earl of Sandwich played at night only.
5. The Earl of Sandwich didn’t eat anything while he was playing.
6. He didn’t want to stop playing while he ate.
7. He made his sandwich from bread and butter.