Всероссийская олимпиада по английскому языку 2015-2016 школьный этап 7 класс
Раздел I. Listening.
Listen to the text and choose the right variant. You will hear the text twice.
1. An unusual circus will be open in … .
A) England B) Scotland C) Wales
2. There are … performing mice in the circus.
A) eight B) twenty seven C) seventeen
3. The performance lasts … .
A) fifteen minutes B) thirty minutes C) an hour
4. … people can watch the show at a time.
A) Eight B) Seven C) Twenty seven
5. The mice won’t perform if they are … .
A) hungry B) angry C) frightened
6. The National Centre for Languages is worried because young people don’t study … .
A) at school B) at university C) foreign languages
7. Last year … percent of secondary school students took a foreign language.
A) forty four B) seventy one C) four point five
8. In 1997 … pupils took a foreign language than last year.
A) fewer B) less C) more
9. The number of UK students taking modern languages has … since 2002.
A) decreased B) increased C) not changed
10. The National Centre for Languages wants young people to … .
A) study English B) travel more C) speak foreign languages
Раздел II. Reading
Read the text and do the tasks after the text.
A Man From Silent Films.
Charles Spencer Chaplin was born in 1889 in south London. His father died when he was a child, and the family didn’t have much money. Charlie first performed on the theatre stage at the age of five.
After he joined Frank Karno’s company, he went to the USA in 1914 and in his first year there he acted in 35 of Hollywood’s early films. These were “silent films”: before the invention of cinema sound - the actors couldn’t speak, but acted out their feelings in their faces and movements. Charlie Chaplin became one of the most famous actors in the world, and everyone knew and loved the role he played: a man with a black hat, big shoes, a little moustache and unusual walk.
With other actors, Chaplin formed a film company and he started to direct his own films. Later, after sound arrived, he began to talk on the screen and he wrote the music for one of his last films. Twenty-five years before his death in 1977, he moved away to live in Switzerland. Most people still like his films today.
Put sentences in the correct order:
He acted in sound films.
He joined Frank Karno’s company and went to the USA.
When he was 5, Charlie played on the stage.
He moved to Switzerland in 1952.
He acted in silent films.
Charlie formed a film company.
Write if it is true (T) or false (F).
Charlie Chaplin was born more than one hundred years ago.
He lived in London before he moved to the USA.
He was 35 when he got his first role.
He never spoke in his films.
Раздел III. Use of English
1) Fill in the gaps, using a suitable word from the box. Use each word only once. “0” is the example for you. In the box there is one extra word which does not need to be used.
church men priest prison couples stories gifts soldiers
There are different (0) stories about St. Valentine. One story says that Valentine was a roman (1) ___________ who lived about 1800 years ago. At that time Roman (2) ____________ were not allowed to marry. Valentine disobeyed the law and secretly married young (3) __________. Valentine was then sent to prison. He died in (4) __________ on February 14 in 270 AD. The soldiers took him and buried him at a (5) ___________ in Rome. If you go to Rome, you can see where he is buried. Valentine’s Day is a day when people give Valentine cards, (6) ___________ and flowers to people they love.
2) Choose the right variant
7. The Volga is …river in the territory of Russia.
a) long b) longer c) the longest
8. … birthday is it next week?
a) Whose b) Whom c) Who
9. Perhaps they …a new house next year.
a) will buy b) buy c) shall buy
10. Two years … Derry bought a car.
a) ago b) for c) since
11. My favourite subject at school is … Biology.
a) the b) a c) –
12. Do you get … letters every day?
a) much b) many c) -
13. George plays …the violin rather well.
a) - b) on c) in
14. My elder sister is afraid … height.
a) - b) of c) with
15. Jean always stays in fashion. People like ….
a) hers b) she c) her
16. Mike spent two years in … Germany.
a) a b) the c) –
Fill in articles if necessary.
Last summer I was in (17) _____ China. It is a very beautiful country in (18)_____ Asia. This is (19) ______ancient and modern country. It was founded many thousand years ago. China is (20)_____third largest country in (21)_____ world. It occupies the eastern part of (22)___ Asia and 6,536 islands, the largest of which is (23)____Taiwan. It is in the south-east of (24) _____Russia. (25)_____capital of China is (26)_____Beijing.
4. Choose the right variant
27. Maria is very proud of / good at science, so she wants to be a doctor.
28. You have to be worried about / interested in helping people if you want to be a firefighter.
29. David wasn’t very proud of / good at failing his exams.
30. You shouldn’t get interested in / upset about not getting an interview.
Раздел IV. Writing (max 25 points)
I’m so happy that you’re coming to visit me next Friday.
How long are you going to stay?
What would you like to do here?
What food do you like?
Раздел V. Speaking (max 25 points for both tasks)
Расскажите о вашей Родине - России.
Поговорите с вашим партнером о необходимости изучения английского языка.
Use of English.
Answer keys the 7th Form:
Listening. (max10 points)
Reading. (max 10 points)
1) C, B, E, F, A, D 2) 1-T, 2-T, 3-F, 4-F
Use of English. (max 30points)
Listerning – 10
Reading – 10
Use of English – 30
Writing – 25
Speaking – 25 (10+15)
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|