TASK 1. Match the word and the meaning.Ozone layer, acid rain, recycle, ecology , atmosphere, oxygen, global warming ,endangered species, fertilizer, carbon dioxide, acid rain, rainforest, environment, greenhouse effect, habitat
1/ To use over and over again
2/ Tropical evergreen woodlands that receive at least 100 inches of rain a year
3/ When gases from factories, electric power plants and cars trap the sun’s heat and warm the Earth.
4/ The study of organisms and their environment.
5/ the layer of gases surrounding the Earth, another word for air.
6/ an increase in the Earth’s temperature, caused by a build-up of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
7/ to refuse to buy things that can’t be reused, like polystyrene foam containers and disposal diapers.
8/ Animals and plants in danger of becoming extinct.
9/ A gas that makes up about 21% of the Earth’s atmosphere, all living things need it to survive.
10/ When harmful gases from cars and factories are released into the air and fall back to the Earth with rain or snow.
11/ An area that provides an animal or plant with food, water, shelter and living space.
12/ Anything from compost to cow manure that helps plants grow.
13/ A gas produced when animals breathe out or any material containing carbon is burned . Green plants need it to make food.
14/ A layer of gas high in the sky which protects us from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun that cause skin cancer and crop damage.
15/ All the surroundings of an organism , including other living things , climate, air, water and soil.
TASK 2. Fill in the blanks.
1. Many seas are used for dumping _____________and nuclear waste. INDUSTRY
2. The word ENVIRONMENT ______ what is round us (air, water, soil). MEAN
3. The _______ air of New York had mixed with rain and damaged the Statue of POLLUTE
4. The most serious ______________ problems are: ENVIRONMENT
Water pollution, air pollution, nuclear pollution, noise from cars , buses, planes,
destruction of wildlife, __________ of natural resources (water, fuels), SHORT
the _______ of population. GROW
5. Nuclear power ________ can go wrong and cause nuclear pollution. STATION
6. It is ________ to dump industrial waste in the sea because poisons kill fish and DANGER
animals. _________ fish and animals can be eaten by people. POISON
7. Most of the pollution in big _____ comes from cars and buses. CITY
8. People must not spend too much time in direct sunlight because ultraviolet ________ RADIATE
from the sun can cause skin cancer.
Номер материала: ДБ-391185
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: