Контрольная работа по проверке пройденного лексического и грамматического материала к учебнику Кузовлева В.П.
“Английский язык 9 класс” по теме:
“Healthy Living Guide”
Цель: закрепить активную лексику по теме “Healthy Living Guide” (4 раздел),
Проверить усвоение грамматических структур Present Perfect Continuous,
The Comparison of Adjectives and Adverbs
I. Read the article, then read the choices and choose the best variant.
Should I Add Fish to My Diet?
DEAR DR.BLONZ: I keep reading that I should be eating more fish. The problem is that I don’t like the taste. Is there something unique to fish that I cannot get elsewhere in my diet Finally, what is an epidemiology study?
S.F., Arlington, III
DEAR S.F.: I will answer your second question first. Epidemiology is the science that investigates the connection between specific events, such as the occurrence of a disease, and a particular behavior pattern, such as diet or exercise. Epidemiological research can help suggest what’s going on, but it cannot really tell you what’s causing what with any precision.
Now on to your fish question. Too bad that you don’t have a taste for fish, because it has been found to be an asset in the fight against heart disease. The first studies describing the low incidence of heart disease in fish-eating populations appeared over two decades ago. The evidence keeps pointing to omega-3 oils in fish as the source of this unique property.
Omega-3 oils are a type of oil that manufactured by plants that grow in the sea and a few that grow on land. The fish that eat these sea plants (as well as the fish that eat those fish) accumulate these essential fatty acids, or EFAs, in their bodies. These are mainly the varieties of fish found in cold water. Those fish that contain a high level of omega-3 EFAs include mackerel, sardines, salmon, tune, herring, yellowtail and trout.
There are non-fish options, too, because on land, there’s a generous supply of omega-3 oils in linseed oil, and smaller amounts in walnut, soybean, and canola oils, as well as wheat germ.
At present there is a great deal of epidemiological evidence to support the healthfulness of fish.
In the end, though, fish should not be thought of as a magic bullet against heart disease. What fish represent is good food and a convenient source of essential fats.
To investigate – изучать
Behavior pattern – образ жизни
Mackerel – скумбрия, макрель
Salmon – лосось, семга
Herring - сельдь
Trout – форель
Wheat germ – ростки пшеницы
1. Epidemiological research cannot give answers to the question ____________
A. what causes what
B. of the occurrence of a disease
C. of the mechanism at work
2. Epidemiology is the science that investigates the connection between_______
A. mortality and healthy diets
B. ecology and overall mortality
C. the occurrence of a disease and a particular behavior pattern
3. Fish has been found to be an asset in the fight against____________________
A. heart disease
B. iron-deficiency anemia
C. lead poisoning
4. The fish containing high level of omega-3 oil are________________________
A. pike, herring, perch, trout and herring
B. salmon, sardines, tuna, yellowtail, trout, mackerel and herring
C. whale, flat-fish, mackerel and salmon
5. There are a smaller amounts of omega-3 oil in __________________________
A. walnut, soybeans, wheat, rye
B. walnut, soybeans, wheat germs and canola oils
C. canola oils, soybeans, peas, walnuts
II. Listen to this passage and choose the best answer for the best answer for the question below.
A No Smoking Day
… Giving up smoking is a good idea – in fact, it is one of the most important things that someone can do to improve his or her health. I recommended having a No Smoking Day. And it took place at the end of April at my school. But we found that nothing unusual resulted. Nothing had changed – smokers think that a lack of nicotine means that they are more likely to have problems at school or at home if they try to give up smoking.
As you see some of my friends think that No Smoking Day could damage one’s health.
b) Which of the following statements is not supported by the passage?
a) they think that a lack of nicotine resulted to problems at school and at home
b) they won’t try to give up smoking
c) they will try to give up smoking and improve their health
III. Choose the right word and fill in the blanks.
Illness, disease, to treat, keeping fit, vitamin pills, health food, an ache
To catch a cold, medicine, a toothache, to take the medicine prescribed
1. If you are aged over so and are in good health, it’s safe _______________________________.
2. If you __________ on Monday, you will still have the cold on Tuesday.
3. I’ve got a bit of___________ in my back.
4. The best ___________ for you right now would be a good holiday.
5. Chocolate gives me _________________ .
6. Children’s __________ are treated by a pediatrician, specializing in pediatrics.
7. Smoking is a major course of heart ______________ .
8. There are many diseases which doctors still cannot ____________ .
9. _____________ become a growing industry: huge sums are now spent on _______________,
drugs of various kinds, from ____________ to mineral water, on health clubs and books and videos about keeping fit.
10. Many cancer patients can be ______________ if the disease is detected early enough.
IV. Translate into English.
1. Сейчас многие люди в нашей стране больше думают о своем здоровье.
2. Британцы предпочитают низкокалорийную еду и клетчатку.
3. Молоко богато витаминами, такими как А и D и минералами, такими как кальций.
4. Хлеб, фрукты, овощи, макароны содержат много углеводов.
V. Put the verbs in the brackets into Present Perfect or Present Perfect Continuous.
1. Kevin is studying. He (to study) for three hours.
2. The car is going again now. Tom (to repair) it.
3. Somebody (to smoke) all my cigarettes. The packet is empty.
4. Mr. Brown (not/feel) well recently.
5. Your father (to work) very hard.
Key: 1. has been studying; 2. has repaired; 3. has smoked; 4. hasn’t been feeling; 5. has been working
VI. Complete these sentences. Each time use the comparative form of one of the following adjectives or adverbs:
Large, easily, crowded, often, thin
1. You look ____________. Have you lost weight?
2. This jacket is too small. I need a ____________ size.
3. There were a lot of people on the bus. It was ______________ than usual.
4. You’ll find your way around the town _________ if you have a map.
5. You hardly ever write to me. Why don’t you write a bit ___________.
Key: 1. thinner; 2. larger; 3. more crowded; 4. more easily; 5. more often
VII. Study the label below. Talk to a person who has a headache. Suggest that he take this medicine. Complete the dialogue.
ADULT DOSE: 1 or 2 tablets with water every 4 hours,
As necessary, up to 12 tablets a day.
CHILD DOSE: half the adult dosage. For children under
2 years of age, consult your physician.
WARNING: keep this and all medicines out of children’s
Reach. In case of accidental overdose, contact
A physician at once.
A.: I have a headache. What should I take for it?
A.: How much should I take?
A.: How often can I take them?
A.: Sounds OK. What should I be careful of?
A.: Is the aspirin still good?
A.: Thanks for the advice.
VII. Discuss the following issues.
1. What is your idea of healthy lifestyle?
2. What is your idea of healthy diet? Is it a low-fat/sugar-free/meat free diet? Is food in your school canteen healthy? Why or why not?
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|