Организационный момент. Let’s have a talk, answer my questions.
What date is it today?
What day of the week is it today?
Who is absent today? Why?
What season is it now? What are autumn months? What’s the weather like in autumn?
Why do the English like to speak about the weather?
The English say “We have no climate but only weather.” And when they are planning to do something they usually add “if the weather is fine.”
Do you like travelling?
When is it better to travel: in summer or in autumn?
Who travelled abroad? What countries did you visit? Was it interesting?
Would you like to go abroad?
So at our lesson you’ll have a good chance to go abroad. The topic of our lesson is “Visiting Great Britain. More about London.”
Have you ever been to this country? Some people call it England or Great Britain. But what is the full name of this country? How many parts are there in it? What are they? What colour is the national flag? What is the official language of the country? What is the capital of the UK? How many parts are there in London? What are they?
Nowadays people travel a lot. Listen to the text “Where and Why People Travel” and answer the questions: 1) Why do people travel? 2) How can people travel?
Ex.8 p.34 (запись № 21)
«Where and Why People Travel»
These days people travel a lot. They travel at home and abroad. They want to see new places and to meet new people. Sometimes they travel on business, but often they go to places on holidays. In summer a lot of people like to go to the sea or stay at the lake or near the river. There they can enjoy swimming, boating and fishing and stay in the sun. In winter people sometimes go to the mountains to ski. It is always nice to be in the forest. Forests, lakes, seas and mountains are very beautiful places. People often make pictures of the places they visit and show them to their friends. When people go abroad they usually visit interesting places, castles, old towns and museums. People travel by plane, by train, by car or by sea. Travelling can be very pleasant or not very pleasant but it is usually interesting.
Знакомство с достопримечательностями Лондона.
You know that the UK is an island state. How can we get there? (by plane, by sea, by car) Would you like to visit London? Why do tourists come to London? Would you like to see everything with your own eyes?
So, we are going to take a trip to London. You are welcome!
( На интерактивной доске появляются достопримечательности Лондона)
I invite you to make a tour of London on a red double-decker bus and our guides will show us the city and its sights.
(учащиеся рассказывают о достопримечательностях Лондона)
1. Hello, ladies and gentlemen. We welcome you in London. London is one of the largest cities in the world. About seven million people live here. London is more than two thousand years old. London’s most famous places are Tower Bridge, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
2. Trafalgar Square is a geographical centre of London. It is the largest square in London. There is a monument to Admiral Nelson and the National Gallery. The Gallery has a fine collection of paintings.
3. Now we pass famous London Parks. Entrance to the parks is free. You may walk on the grass, lie down to rest on it, if the weather is fine you may even ride horses. London parks have cafes and galleries.
4. Hyde Park became the first public garden. It is known for its Speaker’s Corner, where everyone can stand up and say what he wants.
5. At last we are at Buckingham Palace. It is the London home of the Queen. When the flag is flying on the top she is at home. It is the view of Buckingham Palace.
6. There is a wonderful daily ceremony, which takes place at 11.30. Usually Londoners and a lot of tourists watch Changing the Guards in front of the Palace. It is a very beautiful parade.
7. In front of you there are the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. The Houses of Parliament is the seat of the British government. There are two chambers in British Parliament: the House of Lords and the House of Commons. Big Ben is one of the most famous clocks in the world.
8. In a moment you will see Westminster Abbey. It is a royal church. The last monarch coronated in the Abbey was present Queen Elisabeth II. Inside Westminster Abbey.
9. Now we are crossing Tower Bridge over the river Thames. From here you can see the Tower of London. English kings lived there many years ago. It was a fortress, a Royal palace, a prison, but now it is a museum. You can see ravens in the Tower. The legend says that without them the Tower will fall.
10. It is St. Paul’s Cathedral. It is the greatest work of the architect Sir Christopher Wren. Many important public figures are buried there.
11. It is Covent Garden. It is the biggest cultural and shopping centre in Britain. It was a fruit and vegetable market. Now it is a tourist shopping centre with cafes and restaurants.
I think you’ve enjoyed our excursion. You’ve seen a lot of places of interest and now let’s revise them.
(сравниваем достопримечательности Москвы и Лондона)
Например,in Moscow Red Square is the geographical centre and in London?
Our tour was really exciting but I think you are tied a little. Let’s relax!
Raise your hands above your head, clap them one, two, three. Rest them now upon your hips, slowly bend your knees. Up again and stand erect, put your right foot out; Shake your fingers, nod your head and twist yourself about.
Работа по прочитанному тексту. Чтение с извлечением нужной информации.
You know that nowadays a lot of Russian students go abroad in summer. Our friends Yura and his sister Lena were in London last summer. At home your task was to read and translate the page from Yura’s diary. Open your books and find Ex.6 p.55.
Find the following information in the text and say:
what places of interest he visited;
how he describes Big Ben;
what streets he writes about;
what he saw in Trafalgar Square;
what he bought for his family;
what they are going to visit.
Контроль навыков диалогической речи.
Well, they are going to visit the British Museum and I invite you to go to Madame Tussaud’s Museum. Oh, but I don’t know how to get there. What shall we do? We may ask the way. Here is a passer-by.
(учащиеся инсценируют диалог)
- Excuse me. Can you help me, please?
- Yes? What can I do for you?
- How can I get to Madam Tussaud’s Museum?
- Walk straight on and turn left near the bank.
- Is it far from here?
- Not very far. You can’t miss it!
- Thank you very much.
- You are welcome!
(видеофильм о музее)
After watching this film answer my question: “ What familiar celebrities were there in the film?’
Madam Tussaud’s Museum is very popular all over the world. There are wax models of famous people, both living and dead, from every walk of life (actors, musitions, politicians, sportsmen, public figures, pop stars). There is no other place where you can see all the celebrities (famous people) at once. The wax figures are standing and sitting, and sometimes even moving and talking. Such figures are controlled by the computers. And they are especially popular with the visitors. There are several Halls at the Museum. There is a special place for the Royal Family. You can see Prince Charls, Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Philip. New models are being produced all the time. It costs about 40,000 dollars to make a wax figure. This museum is the most talked about wax museum in the world.
Well, our excursion has come to the end and it’s time to sum up all your knowledge and all the information about the sights of London.
(( (вопросы по достопримечательностям и кроссворд на интерактивной доске)
Answer my questions:
Did you enjoy our visit to Great Britain?
Did you like our tour of London?
Would you like to visit London and to see everything with your own eyes?
Learn English in a proper way and then your trip to London will be more interesting and useful. Good Luck!
Thank you for the lesson!
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|