Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Quiz "Union Jack" and "Stars and Stripes"
Plan: Greeting - Приветствие. I Warming up - Разминка. II Proverbs - Пословицы. III Cities - Города. IV Quiz about the country - Страноведческая викторина. V Sights - Достопримечательности. VI Lexical quiz - Лексическая викторина. VII Short names - Сокращенные имена. Results - Подведение итогов.
I. Warming up.
II - Proverbs. 1. A good name is better than riches. 2. He will never set the Thames on fire. 3. Make hay while the sun shines. 4. Live and learn. 5. An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening. A. Куй железо пока горячо. Б. Добрая слава лучше богатства. B. Век живи, век учись. Г. Утро вечера мудренее. Д. Он пороха не выдумает.
Check: 1. A good name is better than riches. - Б. Добрая слава лучше богатства. 2. He will never set the Thames on fire. - Д. Он пороха не выдумает. 3. Make hay while the sun shines. - A. Куй железо пока горячо. 4. Live and learn. - B. Век живи, век учись. 5. An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening. - Г. Утро вечера мудренее.
III - Cities.
IV – Quiz about the country : Who discovered America? A. Christopher Columbus B. George Washington С. The pilgrims
Who was the first president of the USA? A. Abraham Lincoln B. George Washington C. Franklin
3. What is the national symbol of America? A. The rose B. The bald eagle C. The shamrock
4. Which is the USA capital? A. New York city B. Los Angeles C. Washington
5. Where is the Statue of Liberty? A. New York B. Massachusetts С. California
6. The American flag has: A. 13 stripes B. 30 stripes C. 50 stripes
7. When do Americans celebrate Independence Day? A. July, 4 B. December, 25 C. February, 14
8. How many states are there in America? A. 50 B. 52 С. 25
9. The Statue of Liberty was a gift from: A. Italy B. England C. France
10. Which kind of sport is a typical American invention? A. Tennis. B. Baseball. C. Golf.
11. Where did Beatles come from? A. Bristol. B. Manchester. C. Liverpool.
12. What is the name of the present British Queen? A. Elizabeth I. B. Mary. C. Elizabeth II.
13. What is the “Union Jack” A. The national flag of the UK. B. Trade union organization. C. Monument.
14. Who is the Prime Minister of Great Britain at present? A. David Cameron. B. Margaret Thatcher. C. Prince Charles.
15. What is the song the Scottish people sing at the parties? A. “Jingle Bells”. B. “Should Auld Acquaintance be forgot”. C. “Happy New Year”.
16. Where is the national Shakespeare Theatre? A. In London. B. In Birmingham. C. In Stratford-upon-Avon.
17. What is the largest park in London? A. Hyde Park B. Regent`s Park C. Green Park
18. Choose the real governing body of Great Britain: A. the House of Lords B. the House of Commons C. a political party
19.The American state separated from the others geographically is : Florida. California. Alaska.
20.The official residence of the American President is… The White House The Capitol Buckingham Palace
Trafalgar Square Trafalgar Square is the geographical centre of London. In the centre of the square there is Nelson`s Column. It is guarded by 4 bronze lions. Nelson was killed in the Battle of Trafalgar, but the victory was won. The English consider Admiral Nelson to be a national hero for his victory in the war against Napoleon.
The Statue of Liberty The Statue of Liberty is situated in New York on Liberty Island and is a symbol of American freedom. It is a present from France to acknowledge their hundred-year friendship with America.
Buckingham Palace Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of the Queen and the Royal family. When the Queen is at the residence the flag is flying on top of Buckingham Palace. In front of the Palace there is Victoria Memorial built in 1911.
The Capitol The Capitol is the place where the American Congress sits. It is the symbol of American power. On the top of the Capitol`s dome there is a bronze Statue of Freedom.
VI Lexical Quiz
VII Short names
1. Elizabeth a. Mike 2. Thomas b. Bobby 3. William с. Pat 4. Susan d. Tony 5. Michael e. Sue 6. Robert f. Pam 7. Patric or Patricia g. Bill 8. Anthony h. Tom 9. Pamela i. Liz
Check: 1. Elizabeth i. Liz 2. Thomas h. Tom 3. William g. Bill 4. Susan e. Sue 5. Michael a. Mike 6. Robert b. Bobby 7. Patric or Patricia с. Pat 8. Anthony d. Tony 9. Pamela f. Pam
A Musical Pause
No more champagne And the fireworks are through Here we are, me and you Feeling lost and feeling blue It's the end of the party And the morning seems so grey So unlike yesterday Now's the time for us to say... Happy new year Happy new year May we all have a vision now and then Of a world where every neighbour is a friend Happy new year Happy new year May we all have our hopes, our will to try If we don't we might as well lay down and die You and I Sometimes I see How the brave new world arrives And I see how it thrives In the ashes of our lives Oh yes, man is a fool And he thinks he'll be okay Dragging on, feet of clay Never knowing he's astray Keeps on going anyway... Happy new year Happy new year May we all have a vision now and then Of a world where every neighbour is a friend Happy new year Happy new year May we all have our hopes, our will to try If we don't we might as well lay down and die You and I Seems to me now That the dreams we had before Are all dead, nothing more Than confetti on the floor It's the end of a decade In another ten years time Who can say what we'll find What lies waiting down the line In the end of eighty-nine... Happy new year Happy new year May we all have a vision now and then Of a world where every neighbour is a friend Happy new year Happy new year May we all have our hopes, our will to try If we don't we might as well lay down and die You and I
Thanks to all of you for coming, For taking part and learning something! And I hope that games like this You will never ever miss!
Краткое описание документа:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|