Topic: “Books in our life”
(the 8th form)
1) Practical: to practice in using new vocabulary of the topic “Books”; to continue forming the skills of oral speaking.
2) Educational: to teach students to work in pairs and groups.
3) Developing: to develop memory, attention, skills of communication.
4) Cultural: to develop the wish to read more, to love literature as a source of knowledge, to grow the feeling of mutual help…
Equipment: posters on the topic, the flower with petals, texts, hand out cards, text-books.
Type of the lesson: lesson of giving new lexical material.
The filed is white
Black is the seed
The man who sow it
Is clever indeed
I have no tongue
But tell a tale
I have leaves
But I am not a tree (books).
3 There are some words containing the word “book”:
1) a book containing information about 1 subject
2) a diary, where pupils write down their home task
3) a book that pupils use fore writing in
4) a book including practice questions
5) a book for pupils that contains exercises and has spices to write answers
6) a book of paper fastened to used for writing or drawing
4. Сообщение темы, целей
We shall speak about reading habits, about the importance of reading and of course about English and American writers.
Reading makes a full man (Francis Bacon)
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
Reading is a vital form of communication (Richard Steele) with all of man hind, and wisdom of many ages (Olzhas Suleymenov)
6. Proverbs – match the parts of the proverbs 1
1. Choose an author
2. Books are friends
3. A room without books
4. There is no fried
5. like author
6. Do not judge a book
A as you choose a friend
B by its cover
C like book
D could be few but good
F as faithful as a good book
G is a body without soul
7. We see, books are really important in our life.
Are the books worth reading? or
Are you waiting for electronic books?
Computers are your best friends now,
It takes a lot of time to read a book – it is faster
The books are boring
Contain more information
Books were written a long time ago, they are not interesting anymore
main source of knowledge
contain new ideas
can make people up
are the memory of the nation
give a lot of information
(we can get a lot of books)
entertain during travelling
wonderful way of spending spare time
reflect real life
develop my imagination
Come to conclusion – books are worth reading
Books are our teachers and advisers
They teach you how to take the next step when we are in different situations
They help to shape our life
8. Answer the questions
How old were you when you began reading?
Do you remember what book was the 1st to read?
Do you read books only for your Russian literature classes or do you do any extra reading?
9. Lets read Jane’s letter about her reading habits
It was your home task.
Now your task will be
1) Fill in gaps
2) The paragraphs are mixed ,put them into correct or right order according to the rules of writing letters
3) Say what kind of books Jane likes to read
4) True or false Ex.3 p. 64
10. So, when we speak about books we speak about the types of books.
Look at the blackboard. Here you can see the main types of books. Let’s read & translate them.
science fiction books
Fairy - tales
11. Now we know how to translate these types of books. Now let’s guess what are they about?
I’ll give some definitions and you should match the type of book
events in the past, famous political figures, wars, life of people in old time (historical)
brave & clever people, adventure of people in difficult and unusual situations, how people take risks (adventure)
imaginary worlds, unusual electronic character, their good and bad actions, their unusual power (science fiction)
crime and criminals, clever detectives, how they catch criminals (detective)
Happy or love, hardship and pleasure of love, people’s feelings (romantic)
How people behave in different situations, attitude of people to various events and other people’s actions (psychological dramas)
Imaginary heroes who fight for the good against the evil, for justice and love fairy – tale
12. Time-out, doing morning exercises
13. You know that all books are written by writers. Today I offer you to speak about English and American writers. Look at the blackboard. Here we have the names of English and American writers. Let’s read them and say if it is an English or American writer?
J Swift - English
A Christie- English
L Carroll – English
W Scott – English
K Scott – English
J Rowling – English
M Twain – American
W Shakespeare – English
Edgar Al. Poe – English
R Kipling – English
C Doula – English
A “The Gulliver’s travel”
B “Miss Marple”
C “Alice in Wonder land”
D “rob Roy”
E “the there men in a boat”
F “Harry Potter”
G “The adventure of Tom”
H “Romeo and Juliet”
I Short detective stories
K “Sherlock Holmes”
14. Now you can see the names of famous writers and the names of their works. Let’s match them together. (But before revise past passive voice)
15. Now we shall be writers for short time
16. Make up synkan
feel, love, read
I have a lot of fun
create, help, facing
They offer me a lot
Books help people understand our world better.
Let’s come back to the proverbs.
Try to complete them.
17.Come to conclusion (short test)
18. Giving marks
19. Explaining the home task: to tell about our school library.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|