Test (term 1)
1. Choose the correct variant
How many people (will/did) you invite next week?
What time (will/did) the party star yesterday?
She (isn’t reading/hasn’t read) a book yet .
They (won’t/aren’t) go to Paris next week.
Bill (writes/is writing) his letter at the moment.
He (didn’t see/hasn’t seen) his friend last month.
They (have just bought/has just bought) return ticket for London.
2. Open the brackets
We (have) all modern conveniences in our flat.
My sister (read) a book now.
The Browns already (check in) their luggage.
I (start) playing the guitar last month.
My parents and I (visit) our granny next Sunday.
3. Match the words in list A with the correct definitions in list B1. caviar
2. a village
4. a greengrocer
5. a washing mashine
6. a radio
7. a custom officer
is a small group of houses the the country
is the national food of Russian people
is the thing that bees make
a thing that washes our clothes
a person who sells vegetables
a thing that people can listen to
a person who checks your luggage
4. Complete the text using the words below
Village, cold and hot running water, to book, job, piano, science, scientist
My granny lives in the ___________.
.In our countryside house there is no _____________.
I’d like to _________ the tickets beforehand.
What’s your ___________?
Do you like to listen to __________?
Can you play ____________?
Mathematics is a very important ___________.
Lomonosov is a very famous _____________
5. Translate from Russian into English
1) Завтра моя сестра приезжает в Лондон.
2) Каждая страна имеет свои праздники и обычаи.
3) Моя сестра будет секретарем.
4) Мы ели блины с медом и сметаной вчера.
5) Джек всегда интересовался теннисом.