Литературная викторина « My favourite books and authors.”
Who wrote “Treasure Island?
Who had a servant name Man Friday? How did he come to work with his master?
Here are the names of some characters from books you are likely to have read:
Black Beauty, Shere Khan, White Fang, Winnie-Pooh. Who are they?
Who wrote “Around the World in 80 Days?
Who was the wife of King Arthur, and who of Robin Hood?
Who wrote the “Just So Stories”?
Can you fill in the titles of these books with numbers? Who wrote the books? a) “Round the World in … Days”; b) “ …Men in a Boat”; c) “The Sign of …”.
a) What was the name of King Arthur’s capital? b) What was the name of his sword? c) How did he obtain his sword? d) Did Kind Arthur ever really live?
Who is not a British write? a) Charles Dickens, b) William Makepeace Thackeray, c) Alan Milne, d) Enid Blyton, e) Ernest Hemingway.
10)In what languages did these men write? Aesop, Hans Andersen, Cervantes, Chaucer, Dante, Goethe, Homer, Voltaire.
11) Which famous writer’s name is Samuel Clemens?
12) What is the name given to the group of three soldiers – Parthos, Athos, Aramis? Who was their companion? What novel was written about them? By whom?
13) Who wrote the book called Gulliver’s Travels?
14) Who wrote a story about the Elephant’s child? What was his great fault?
15) Do you know any plays by Shakespeare in which a ghost appears?
1) Robert Louis Stevenson.
2) Robinson Crusoe, in the story by D. Defoe. Man Friday was brought to Crusoe’s island by cannibals who wanted to kill and eat him.
3) Black Beauty is a horse (“Black Beauty” by A. Sewell); Shere Khan is a tiger (“The Jungle Book” by R. Kipling); White Fang is a dog (“White Fang” by J. London); Winnie-Pooh is a teddy bear (“Winnie-the-Pooh” by A. Milne).
4) Jules Verne.
5) King’s Arthur’s wife was Queen Guinevere, and Robin Hood’s wife was Maid Marian.
6) R. Kipling.
7) a) “Round the World in 80 Days” (J. Verne) b) “Three Men in Boat” (Jerome K. Jerome
c) “The Sign of Four” (A. Conan Doyle
8) a) King Arthur’s capital was Camelot.
b) He had two swords, both called Excalibur.
c) The first he drew out of a stone in St. Paul’s Church-yard; the other he received from the Lady of Lake.
d) The stories told about King Arthur and his knights are legendary.
9) E.Hemingway was an American writer.
Aesop wrote in Greek, H. Andersen in Danish, Cervantes in Spanish, Chaucer in English, Dante in Italian, Goethe in German, Homer in Greek, Virgil in Latin, Voltaire in French.
They were called The Three Musketeers ( in the novel by A. Dumas). Their companion was d’Artgnan.
R.Kipling wrote in one of his “Just –So-Stories” about the Elephant’s child whose great fault was his curiosity.
15)In “Hamlet” there is the ghost of Hamlet’s Father, in “ Julius Caesar” the ghost of Banquo.
|Подраздел||Другие методич. материалы|
Свидетельство о публикации данного материала автор может скачать в разделе «Достижения» своего сайта.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|