1.Установите соответствие между темами A – G и текстами 1 – 6. Занесите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую букву только один раз. В задании одна тема лишняя.
A. First computers
D. Difficult task
B. Risky sport
E. Professional sport
C. Shopping in comfort
F. Shopping from home
G. New users
1. A group of university students from Brazil have been given the job of discovering and locating all the waterfalls in their country. It is not easy because very often the maps are not detailed. The students have to remain in water for long periods of time. Every day they cover a distance of 35 to 40 kilometers through the jungle, each carrying 40 kilos of equipment.
2. For many years now, mail-order shopping has served the needs of a certain kind of customers. Everything they order from a catalogue is delivered to their door. Now, though, e-mail shopping on the Internet has opened up even more opportunities for this kind of shopping.
3. Another generation of computer fans has arrived. They are neither spotty schoolchildren nor intellectual professors, but pensioners who are learning computing with much enthusiasm. It is particularly interesting for people suffering from arthritis as computers offer a way of writing nice clear letters. Now pensioners have discovered the Internet and at the moment they make up the fastest growing membership.
4. Shopping centers are full of all kinds of stores. They are like small, self-contained towns where you can find everything you want. In a large centre, shoppers can find everything they need without having to go anywhere else. They can leave their cars in the shopping centre car park and buy everything in a covered complex, protected from the heat, cold or rain.
5. Not many people know that, back in the fifties, computers were very big, and also very slow. They took up complete floors of a building, and were less powerful, and much slower than any of today’s compact portable computers. At first, the data they had to process and record was fed in on punched-out paper; later magnetic tape was used, but both systems were completely inconvenient.
6. Potholing is a dull name for a most interesting and adventurous sport. Deep underground, on the tracks of primitive men and strange animals who have adapted to life without light, finding unusual landscapes and underground lakes, the potholer lives an exciting adventure. You mustn’t forget, though, that it can be quite dangerous. Without the proper equipment you can fall, get injured or lost.
2.Прочитайте текст и заполните пропуски обозначенные номерами 7-10. эти номера соответствуют заданиям 7-10, в которых представлены возможные варианты ответов.
Yesterday afternoon a fire 7_________ in the local department store. Luckily the fire 8__________ very quickly because the fire brigade 9________ in ten minutes. Now the police 10__________ for three teenagers. They were seen running out of the store just before the fire began.
7 1) have broken out 2) broke out 3) was broken out 4) break
8 1) was put out 2) put out 3) has been put out 4) had put out
9 1) arrived 2) had arrived 3) have arrived 4) was arriving
10 1) is looking 2) are looking 3) look 4) will look
3.Прочитайте текст с пропусками, обозначенными номерами 11-13. Эти номера соответствуют заданиям 11-13, в которых представлены возможные варианты ответов.
The storybook wolf
Jose Luis Rodriguez of Spain is the overall winner of The Wildlife Photographer of the year 11_________- a wolf jumping over a gate! He visualized his photo many years ago, when Iberian wolves first returned to Silva in the Castilla y Leon region of northern Spain, and cattle ranchers 12_________ war on them. His idea was a picture that would symbolize the ancient conflict 13 ____________ humans and wolves, while showing the beauty and strength of this great animal.
11 1) tournament 2) competition 3) test 4) race
12 1) pronounced 2) revealed 3) broadcasted 4) declared
13 1) between 2) among 3) within 4) amongst
4.Прочитайте приведенный ниже текст, преобразуйте слова, напечатанные заглавными буквами в конце строк, чтобы они грамматически и лексически соответствовали содержанию текста.
People born in the Year of the Dragon have good __________ skill.
They are ____________ and everyone admires
their ____________ and sophistication.
1-D, 2-F, 3-G, 4-C, 5-A, 6-B
11-2, 12-4, 13-1
Organizational, attractive, intelligence
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|