1. Прочитайте текст и проанализируйте употребление времен. Ответьте на вопросы после текста.
An Embarrassing Incident
One day last summer I was walking through the local park. It was a hot day and I was eating an ice cream. As I was walking past the boating lake, I saw my friends, Carol and Jim. They were taking their dog for a walk. When we met, we stopped for a chat. While we were talking, the dog suddenly jumped up and tried to get my ice cream. I pulled my hand away and unfortunately the ice-cream came out of the cone. Now there was a bald man behind me. The poor man wasn't doing any harm. He was just sitting on a bench and reading a newspaper. Well, when I pulled my hand away, the ice cream flew through the air and it landed on the man's head. I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. When I looked at my friends, they weren't just laughing, they were in hysterics. But I was terribly embarrassed.
Where was the man walking one day?
What was he eating?
Who was taking a dog for a walk?
Was a bald man sitting on a bench or walking along the road?
The poor man wasn't doing any harm, was he?
I wonder why Carol and Jim were laughing?
2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в форме Past Continuous Tense.
This morning was really beautiful. The sun (shine), the birds (sing) and everyone in the street (smile) and (say) hello to each other.
Mrs Patrik looked beautiful last night. She (wear) a lovely evening dress.
When we arrived, she (make) some coffee.
While I (have) a bath the telephone rang.
While we (walk) in the park it began to rain.
He wind (blow) and the rain (beat) down. John (stand) at the bus stop shivering. He (try) to imagine being at home sitting by a warm fire. Finally he saw the lights of the bus which (approach) from the distance.
At 3 o'clock yesterday a geometry lesson (go) on. The teacher (draw) diagrams on the blackboard but I (look) through the window and heard nothing. I (think) about the coming New Year's party.
She promised not to report me to the police but ten minutes later I saw that she (talk) with a policeman and from the expression on his face I understood that she (tell) him about me.
The dentist's waiting room was full of people. Some (read) magazines, others just (turn) over the pages. A woman (knit), a child (play) with a toy car. Everybody (wait) for the nurse to say "Next, please".
I lit the fire at 6.00 and it (burn) brightly when Jane came in.
- The house next to yours was full of policemen and police dogs yesterday. - What they (do)? - I heard that they (look) for drugs.
"What you (do) between 9.00 and 10.00 yesterday?" asked the detective. "I (clean) my house", said Mrs Jones. "I always clean my house at this time"
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Continuous.
1. I (to go) to the cinema yesterday.
2. I (to go) to the cinema at four o'clock yesterday.
3. I (to go) to the cinema when you met me.
4. I (to do) my homework the whole evening yesterday.
5. I (to do) my homework when mother came home.
6. I (to do) my homework yesterday.
7. I (to do) my homework from five till eight yesterday.
8. I (to do) my homework at six o'clock yesterday.
9. I (not to play) the piano yesterday.
10. I (not to play) the piano at four o'clock yesterday.
11. What you (to do) at 3 o'clock yesterday?
12. You (to write) a letter to your friend?
13. You (to write) a letter at 6 o'clock yesterday?
14. He (not to sleep) when father came home.
15. When I (to go) to school the day before yesterday, I (to meet) Mike and Pete.
They (to talk) and (to laugh).
16. When I (to come) to my friend's place, he (to watch) TV.
17. When mother (to come) home, the children (to play) on the carpet.
18. When Nick (to run) about in the yard, he (to fall) .
19. When I (to get) up, my mother and father (to drink) tea
20. When Tom (to cross) the street, he (to fall)
21. When I (to wash) the floor, I (to find) my old toy under the sofa
22. When I (to see) my friends , they (to play) football.
23. What you (to do), when I (to come) home?
24. What you (to do) yesterday?
Use the simple past or present progressive tense.
1. I dropped a cup while I (wash) the dishes.
2. Jon and Bill were washing the car when they (see) their friend Alex.
3. Tony came to see me while I (do) my homework.
4. The children (play) when their father came home.
5. When Inga was driving, she (notice) an animal in the road.
6. Annie (call) when Kerry was studying.
7. While the movie was playing, Tomoko (eat) popcorn.
Put the verbs into the correct tense (Simple Past or Past Progressive).
The receptionist (welcome) the guests and (ask) them to fill in the form.
The car (break) down and we (have) to walk home.
While Tom (read), Amely (watch) a documentary on TV.
My father (come) in, (look) around and (tell) me to tidy up my room.
While Tom (play) the piano, his mother (do) the washing-up.
While the parents (have) breakfast, their children (run) about.
Martha (turn) off the lights and (go) to bed.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|