Task1. Complete the sentences with the missing words.
1. The Black Tulip is an unusual … of tulips.
2. When we speak about a … we mean a place where a certain animal or plant is usually found.
3. The biggest … is a whale.
4. Boxes are usually made of …
5. Some illnesses are very difficult to …
6. Cars are polluting our …
7. … power stations can cause a lot of trouble.
8. Some mushrooms have …
9. After the hot summer there was a … of water.
10. A lot of … from factories and plants goes into the rivers.
Task 2. Fill in the sentences with the correct verb forms.
1. If you … (go) to the country, you will be able to enjoy fresh air.
2. If they forecast rainstorms, we … (take) umbrellas with us.
3. If he … (not read) this book, he won’t learn a lot of fact about extinct animals.
4. I won’t get a good mark if I … (not learn) the poem by heart.
5. If you live in a city, you … (visit) different museums.
Task 3. Compare life in the country and in the city using the following adjectives: dirty, clean, safe, expensive, healthy.
E.x. The country is cleaner than the city.