Новикова Елена Вацлавовна МАОУ Старская СОШ
Тип урока: комбинированный
Цели по содержанию:
образовательная: отработка лексики, связанной с экстремальными видами спорта, расширение активной словарной лексики учащихся, совершенствование умений и навыков практического владения английским языком по данной теме в разных видах речевой деятельности, чтении, аудировании, письме
развивающая: развитие умений отвечать на вопросы, развивать у уч-ся навыки чтения с извлечением нужной информации, развивать умение работать самостоятельно и в парах.
воспитательная: повышение интереса учащихся к занятиям спортом, формировать терпимое отношение и уважение к мнениям другого человека, воспитание толерантного отношения к спорту.
Методы: репродуктивный, частично-поисковый, исследовательские
Формы организации познавательной деятельности учащихся: групповая, парная, фронтальная, индивидуальная
-Английский язык Enjoy English. Учебник для 9 класса общеобразовательных учреждений / М .З.Биболетова и др. – 2-е изд. – Обнинск: Титул, 2010.
-Презентация Power point “Extreme Sports”, компьютер, мультимедийный проектор, экран.
Учащихся в классе (аудитории): 15
1. Орг момент: Good morning ladies and guys. Sit down, please. I am very glad to see you.
First of all will you smile? Well, I see that you’re in a good mood today. We have many guests today.
So, don’t be shy!
Before you guess the theme of the lesson, answer my questions please:
-Do you have lessons of physical education at our school?
- What do you do at the lessons?
-Do you go in for sport?
-What kind of sports are you fond of?
-What’s your favourite sport?
-Do you prefer to watch sports or to take part in sport?
-Are there good sportsmen among your classmates?
-Why do people go in for sport?
2.I want you to watch an episode and say what we’re going to discuss at the lesson today .
-I’d like you to predict the subject of our discussion today.
Демонстрация сюжета об экстремальных видах спорта (2 мин)
T: So, what is the subject of our discussion?
Ps: x-treme sports. (Cлайд 1)
.T: Well, today we’re going to take a look at extreme sports. What exactly are they? How dangerous are they? What are advantages and disadvantages of them? What makes people risk their lives?
T: Can you give the definition to the word “extreme’.
Ps: extreme describes activity that is very dangerous. (слайд 1- определение термина –экстремальный спорт)
-You are right. Let’s read the definition (слайд )
3,In the Internet I found some classification of extreme sport: air sports, land sports and water sports. Let’s look and read. (слайды 2,3,4)
- What do you think: why do people do extreme sports? (ответы учащихся) Please, don’t forget to use some clichés. (слайд 5 )
4.-Now it’s high time to have a look at some extreme sports. I’ll read you the description of it. And you should guess what kind of sport is it. (Слайды 5-12)
1. It is a surface water sport in which the surfer rides a surfboard on the crest and face of a wave, which is carrying the surfer towards the shore. Waves suitable for surfing are found primarily in the ocean, but are also sometimes found in lakes and rivers, and also in manmade wave pools. -Surfing
2.It is an activity in which participants climb up, down or across natural rock formations or artificial rock walls. The goal is to reach the summit of a formation or the endpoint of a pre-defined route without falling.
It is a physically and mentally demanding sport, that often tests a climber's strength, endurance, agility. It can be a dangerous sport and knowledge of proper climbing techniques and usage of specialized climbing equipment is crucial for the safe completion of routes. While not an Olympic event, it is recognized by the International Olympic Committee as a sport. - Rock climbing
3. It is a sport that involves descending a slope that is covered with snow on a snowboard attached to a rider's feet using a special boot set onto a mounted binding. It was developed in the U.S.A. in the 1960s to 1970s and became a Winter Olympic Sport in 1998. -Snowboarding
4. It is an extreme gravity-powered activity that involves riding smth. like a sled down a paved road or course. Like skateboarding, it is often done for sport and for recreation.
It involves lying flat on your back and steering(управлять) smth. much bigger than a skateboard with your head just inches off the ground. Complete fearlessness is essential for this sport, as well as a thick piece of rubber, preferably from a car tyre,(шина) as footwear. - Street luge
5. It is a variation on the sport of motocross in which motorcycle riders attempt to impress judges with jumps and stunts. - Freestyle Motocross (also known as FMX)
6. It is a recreational activity and competitive air sport in which pilots fly unpowered aircraft known as sailplanes. The word soaring(парить) is also used for the sport.
This sport began in the 1920s. Improvements in aerodynamics and in the understanding of weather phenomena have allowed greater distances at higher average speeds. When conditions are favorable, experienced pilots can now fly hundreds of kilometres before returning to their home airfields. – Gliding
7. It is the sport of sailing and racing iceboats. A related sport, land sailing, are iceboats with wheels replacing the runners. A sport mostly practiced in the United States on the western dry lake beds and in Europe, Australia and New Zealand on wide tidal (связанный с приливом )beaches.- Ice yachting
8. It is a board sport similar to snowboarding. It is a recreational activity that takes place on sand dunes rather than snow-covered mountains. This boardsport has adherents(приверженцы) throughout the world, most in desert areas or coastal (прибрежный) areas with beach dunes.
It involves riding across or down a dune while standing with both feet strapped to a board, though some sandboarders use a board without bindings.(переплёт, крепления)- Sandboarding
9. It is the practice of swimming at the surface of a body of water while equipped with a diving mask, a shaped tube called a snorkel, and usually swimfins. In cooler waters, a wetsuit may also be worn. Combining these tools allows the snorkeler to observe underwater attractions for extended periods of time with relatively little effort. It is a popular recreational activity, particularly at tropical resort destinations and at shallow scuba diving locations. - Snorkeling
10. The sport must be taken very seriously as there are many risks involved. Most divers realize that each dive they take might be their last. They put on daily shows and jump from the cliffs at 148 feet. During their dives they often have interesting antics,(гримасы, ужимки) such as holding lit torches during their dive.
During their jump there might be a straight line or the diver may choose to include flips, turns, or other acrobatic stunts. It is customary then for the diver to enter the water feet first. This is done in hopes of avoiding any head or neck injury which is common to the sport. - Cliff diving
11. It is a competition of power yachts with rules similar to Formula 1 car racing. Each F1 powerboat race lasts approximately 45 minutes following a circuit(круговая поездка) marked out in a selected stretch(отрезок) of water, usually a lake, river, or sheltered bay. - Powerboat Racing
12. It’s the most extreme sport. It’s like skydiving but no planes or helicopters are used. People jump with a parachute from buildings, antennas, bridges or spans and cliffs. (high parts of the Earth) The chance of injury is very high. -Base jumping
5. Работа с учебником и тетрадью Аудирование p.173 (учебник )упр. 56 ,57) тетрадь- стр. 76 упр. 1
British people are being interviewed in the streets of Moscow and they express what they personally think about the following question: Are extreme sports popular among the British?
In the book you can see the photos of these people, Say how old are they?
Gregory is 15, Ashford is 50, Susanna is 23
Your task is to listen and complete the table in your workbook.
Let’s check the task
(проверка понимания услышанного)
So, we can see that British people have different opinions of it. Some of them don’t know anything about extreme sport.
6. So, pupils, as sportsmen say, let’s have “time out” and do some exercises for eyes.
7. You have sheets of paper of different colours. You will work in pairs. Those who have red papers will mark advantages of extreme sport
Those who have yellow papers will mark disadvantages of extreme sport
Please who has red papers join together and yellow do the same I’ll give you some minutes.
Let’s listen to your opinions
8. The next task is to match extreme sports to their describing. (работа с заданием самостоятельно, затем меняютя, читают вслух и сопоставляют и проверяют ошибки соседа по парте) (слайды 13-19)
You have tasks at your desks Let’s read and match.
A. The sport is enjoyed by people of all ages and both sexes. Everybody who enjoys the water and can swim and have no health problems, can learn to do it. Your need is the desire, plus basic studying and in-water training. You need an apparatus which helps you breathe under the water. It’s becoming a leisure sport in Russia.
B. This kind of sport is for people who like extra risk on the rivers. They use inflatable, unsinkable boats for their trips down the rivers. The sport has become the modern day centerpiece for outdoor enthusiasts.
C. It is a land alternative to surfing. It was developed in California in the 1960th and became a craze in the 1970s. The sport is practiced on a board mounted on wheels and steerable by weight positioning. Since 1980s it has become an extreme sport rather than a hobby, because they practice ramp and rail.
D. It is jumping from a great height while attached to a long piece of elastic that it is short enough to prevent the jumper from hitting the ground.
E. People climb glaciers with ice axe and a great deal of other equipment. They must have physical and mental strength and the ability to work closely with other team members in the most dangerous situations.
F. It is jumping with a parachute out of an airplane for recreation or in competitions. Competitive events include jumping for style, landing with accuracy, and making free-fall formations. They fall from 3 657 m above the ground until 762, where they open their parachutes.
G. It is the latest adventure experience from New Zealand. It involves rolling about in a ball, three meters in diameter. People hurtle downhill at speed of 50 kms per hour. The sport requires no more skill than a hamster running in its wheel as centrifugal force keeps the man pinned inside.
9. So, we have spoken much about extreme sport. Your home task is
Navigate the Internet and find additional information about extreme sports, which have not been spoken about today. Prepare the short report about your discoveries and tell your classmates in small presentation.
I have some web sites, you may use them.
10. Some pupils have presentations today Let’s listen to them (Презентации детей)
11.Рефлексия Let’s sum up the result of today’s lesson.
What is your attitude towards extreme sports? What is your opinion on taking risks?
I’d like to learn your opinion about our lesson.
Was the lesson useful for you? Why?
Did you learn new extreme sports?
Do people in our place have opportunity to do extreme sports?
12 You’ve done well today. Thank you very much for your work.
11. Navigate the Internet and find additional information about extreme sports. Prepare the short report about your discoveries and tell your classmates about extreme sports.
I have some web sites, you may use them.
Краткое описание документа:
Урок в 9 классе "Экстремальные виды спорта" построен на основе учебника М.З. Биболетовой "Enjoy English". Даётся определение , что такое экстремальный спорт,его виды.
В ходе урока дети выясняют преимущества и недостатки экстремальных видов спорта. В различных упражнениях отрабатывается лексика по теме и навыки устной речи.
На уроке используется компьютер, мультимедийный проектор, экран. презентация Power Point.
В конце урока проводится рефлексия, где дети говорят о своём отношении к экстремальным видам спорта и хотели бы они заниматься такими видами спорта.