The leader of the XXI Century
Мақсаты: мектеп оқушылардың ағылшын тілінде сөйлейтін елдердің тарихы, салт-дәстүрін, олардың мәдениеті жайында білімдерін тереңдету, ой белсенділігін дамыту, дүниетанымын кеңейту, грамматикалық білім-білік дағдысын, ұлтаралық ынтымақтастыққа, өз елін қадірлеуге, сүюге тәрбиелеу.
The leader of the XXI Century
Moderator: - Good afternoon dear guests, teachers and students. Welcome to our intellectual show “ Leader of the XXI century”!
Well, we begin our game and I am glad to introduce the participants of our intellectual show.
We are glad to see all of you and hope you will enjoy our game.
I round “Baiga”
- you are welcome to enjoy the 1st round “Baiga”! I ask questions to participants and each correct answer gives you
Be careful! Good luck!
1. The head of Great Britain is
b) The Queen
d) The King
2. What is the nick name of the flag of the UK?
a) Union Jack
b) The Bald Eagle
c) The Golden Man
d) Uncle Sam
3. When did Christopher Columbus discover America?
a) in 1492
b) in 1592
c) in 1392
d) in 1692
4. How many stripes does the American flag have?
5. What was the first capital of the USA?
b) Washington D. C
d) New York
6. There are ____ regions in our Republic.
II round Polyglot
The next round you will enjoy is “Polyglot”. here are some proverbs you have to find. Answers should be given in three languages ( English, Kazakh and Russian).
Each correct answer is equal to 10 points.
1. All is not ____ that glitters. (gold – алтын-золото)
2. Curiosity killed the ____. ( cat – мысық – кошка )
3. Live and ____. (learn – оқу-учить )
4. ___ may be known by its song. (bird – құс – птица )
5. Better late than _____. (never – ешқашан – никогда )
6. There is no place like ____. (home-үй – дом )
7. A tree may be known by its ____. (fruit-жеміс-фрукты)
8. Actions speak louder than ____. (word-сөз – слова )
9. _____ is power. (knowledge-білім – знание )
10. An ____ a day keeps the doctor away. (apple – алма-яблоко)
III round Doda
Famous Americans-10 The first president of the USA.
Famous Americans – 20 The famous American writer who wrote “Romeo and Juliet”.
Famous Americans – 30 On the third Monday in February Americans celebrate Presidents Day. Two American presidents are honored on this holiday. Who are they?
History – 10 Kazakhstan was established as the republic of Kazakhstan in …
History – 20
When was Akmola renamed Astana?
History – 30 Almaty was the Capital of our country until..
Great Days – 10
This holiday honors our mothers, grandmothers, women in the world.
Great Days – 20
The Kazakhs celebrate this holiday on March. People pay each other Visits, forgive wrongs and cancel debts
Great Days – 30
When is Halloween celebrated?
The places to visit – 10 Where is Disneyland?
The places to visit – 20 In what US city the Statue of Liberty?
The places to visit – 30 A mountain on the boarder of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan where they boarder with China
There are some questions to a 30 seconds. The task is to answer the question as quickly as possible. Each correct answer is equal to 1 point.
The first student
1. Where is Disneyland? (In California)
2. Which month is the day of independence in Kazakhstan? (December )
3. The first Capital of our Republic.
4. What is the official language of Kazakhstan? (Kazakh )
5. The head of Great Britain? ( The Queen )
6. What is the national symbol of Kazakhstan? (golden man )
7. How many rooms are there in the White House? (132 )
The second student
1. The head of Kazakhstan is … (president)
2. What is the official language of the USA? (English)
3. The president of the USA? (Barak Obama )
4. Kazakhstan is situated in… (Central Asia )
5. Who was the first president of the USA? (Washington)
6. Ahmet Yassaui Mausoleum is in … (Turkestan )
7. Which month Nauryz is celebrated in Kazakhstan? (March)
The third student
1. The Kazakh traditional food is … (beshbarmak)
2. How many states does the USA consists of? (50)
3. What colour is our flag? (blue )
4. What is the official language of China? (Chinese)
5. The national emblem of England is … (rose)
6. Is Washington D. C a state? (No)
7. What is American` s national sport? (Baseball)
THE LEADER OF THE 21st CENTURY
Aim of the lesson:
1.Educating: to consolidate the knowledge about Great Britain and Kazakhstan
2.Developing: to develop the students` memory, thinking habits, vocabulary.
3.Up-bringing: to develop willing of the young learners to study English.
Type of the lesson:lesson-competition
Visual aids: interactive board, cards, maps.
The procedure of the lesson
1. Introducing themselves. The participants tell about themselves.
2.Dear teachers and students!
Welcome to our English party! It is called The leader of the 21 st century. All questions are about Great Britain and Kazakhstan. We have 10 participants .They are the students of the first year Now let`s enjoy our game. For each right answer the participant gets 10 scores in rounds. After each round the participants whose scores are low should leave the game. After all there must stay 2 participants with high scores and they will compete with each other and only one of the them will be a leader of our college among the first-year students.
I-round. Who is the quickets?
1. What country do we live in? /in Kazakhstan/
2. Where is the United Kingdom of Great Britain? /on British lsles/
3. What is Union Jack? /the flag of Great Britain/
4. What is the capital of Kazakhstan? /Astana/
5. How many parts does the UK consist of? /4 parts/
6. What language is spoken in England? /English/
7. Kazakhstan is bordered by 5 countries. Do you agree with it?
8. Is Astana in the western of the country? /No, it isn`t/
9. Who rules the UK? /The Queen/
10. When Akmola was renamed to Astana? /In 1997/
II-round. You are welcome to enjoy in the next round .Guess the word.
A form of football- uygbr /rugby/
The capital city of England- nodoln /London /
Favorite topic of conversation in Britain –etherwa / weather/
The city of Apples – talmya / Almaty/
The name of world`s famous skating- rink- ueMed / Medeu/
The dying sea in Kazkhstan- larA /Aral/
III –round.The third round is called ‘’Magis numbers’’ Choosing the numbers you get questions, if the answer is right your score will rise to 10. The participant whose scores are lower can choose the table.
1 .20- What part of the country do we live in? / in the southern part of the country/
2 . 30- Do we have underground in our country? Yes, we have
3 . 40- What is one of the most familiar symbols of London? / red double- decker bus/
1 . 20- What is the colour of London ` s taxi? / black /
2 . 30- Are there special buses for tourists in England? / Yes, there are/
3 . 40- Who is Marco Polo? / a traveller /
1 . 20- What is the name of the Queen? / Elizabeth II/
2 . 30- Who is Shokhan Yalikhanov? /Famous Kazakh traveller /
3 . 40- Name the largest cities of Kazakhstan. / Almaty, Shymkent, Karaganda. /
IV –round. You are welcome to our next round. Here are some riddles you have to guess them and say the answer in English, Russian and Kazakh languages:
1 . We are four brothers living under one roof. / the legs of a table/
2 . Five cupboards but only one door. /a glove/
3 . What is it that never uses it`s teeth for eating. /a comb/
4 . It lives in winter, dies in spring . /snow/
5 . The teacher writes on me with chalk, my face is black . /a blackboard /
V-round. The next round is called ‘’The cleverest’’. Here you have to finish the proverb.
1 . East or west,…………/home is best/
2 . All that glitters is………………/not gold/
3 . Never late…………../to learn/
4 . Food is men`s…………./support/
5. When in Rome do as the ………../Romans do/
VI-round. The task of our last round is to find the mistakes in the sentences.
1.When I get ty a big cityu, I would send you a postcard. /Ty-to .cityu-city/
2.An animol, that yuo keep for a pleasure is a pet. /Finimol-animal, yuo-you./
Thanks a lot to our participants for their active participation. Also thanks to our jury.
And thanks a lot to our English teacher for such an interesting show.
Бөрлі негізгі орта қазақ мектебі.
I’m Omar’s sister.
( ашық сабақ )
Өткізген: Ихсанова Т.О
2015-2016 оқу жыл
Date:________ The 5th grade
The aims of the lesson:1) Educational: Presentation of the lesson about : I’m Colin’s sister to train new words and discussion an English language
2) Developing: To develop the pupils habits of the oral speech , to develop pupils creative and logical abilities, understanding, reading and writing A family three, listen and repeat letters and numbers grammar and lexical skills .
3) Bringing-up: to bring up love and interest to the subject, to respect each other, to create an English atmosphere in the classroom.
Inter-subject connection: Kazakh, English
The type of the lesson: presentation, integrative
Methods of teaching: training, explanation, demonstration, interaction
The equipment of the lesson: diagrams on the tasks, pictures, posters, computers,
The procedure of the lesson
-Good morning children?
-How are you?
A talk about on duty
-Who is on duty today?
-Who is absent today?
c) A talk about the weather?
-What day is it today? -What season is it now?
-What date is it today? - What month is it now?
To study the Rhyme
Mother, Father, Sister, Brother
Hand in hand with one another
Uu [u] June, tune
[^] number, uncle
Th [th] father, mother
[ө] thank, three
III) Check up the home task
The Presentation of the new theme
Listen and repeat new words
Grandfather father sister aunt nephew son children
Grandmother mother brother uncle niece daughter parents cousin
Who’s = Who is
He’s = He is
She’s = She is
They’re = They are
Who’s = Who is
V) Knowledge practice :
To work with picture
Omar has got a small family. There are mum, dad, sister and brother.
His dad’s name is Marat. He is tall.
His mum’s name is Aigul. She is pretty.
His sister’s name is Aizhan. She is
clever. Arman is his brother’s name. He is funny.
They are happy. Omar is lucky. He loves his family.
Answer the questions
Has Omar got a big family?
What is his dad’s name?
What is his mum’s name?
Who is clever?
Are they happy?
Listen and join the dots.
Join the parts to make 10 words.
Control of understanding
Try to guess who this is using the definition!
your father and your mother are your …(parents)
your mother’s father or your father’s father are your …(grandfathers)
your mother’s mother or your father’s mother are your …(grandmothers)
your father’s sister or your mother’s sister are your …(aunts)
your father’s brother or your mother’s brother are your …(uncles)
the daughter of your brother or a sister is your …(niece)
the son of your brother or a sister is your …(nephew)
VI. Conclusions and marks:
Home task Exercise : “My friend family” шығарма жазу
«My family» әңгімелеп беру.