Конспект урока по английскому языку учителя Бекировой У. Т. В 6а классе на тему «Достопримечательности Лондона»
«London and its places of interest»
Задачи и цели:
1. расширить культурный кругозор учащихся;
2. практиковать учащихся в аудировании, чтении;
3. стимулировать интерес учащихся к изучению английского языка, страны изучаемого языка
4. способствовать развитию образной и ассоциативной, словесно-логической памяти, логического мышления, фонетического слуха
1. Орг. момент.
Т.: Hello, dear friends. Nice to see you. Do you like to travel? Do you want to travel to London?
Т.: The topic of our lesson is ''London and its places of interest". Тема нашего занятия - «Лондон и его интересные места»
2. Основная часть
Т.: Now, what do you know about London? Let's read and translate some information about London and its history. And in 5 minute be ready to do the task.
London is the capital of the Great Britain, its political, economic and cultural centre. It's one of the largest cities in the world. Its population is more than 9 million people. London is situated on the river Thames. The city is very old and beautiful. It was founded more than two thousand years ago. London was founded by the Romans in 43 A.D. and called Londinium. In 61 A.D. the town was burnt down and when it was rebuilt by the the Romans it was surrounded by a wall. That area within the wall is now called the City of London. It is London's commercial and business centre. It contains the Bank of England , the Stock Exchange and the head offices of numerous companies and corporations. Here is situated the Tower of London . The Tower was built by William the Conqueror who conquered England in 1066. He was crowned at Westminster Abbey. Now most of the Government buildings are located. People say that London is the city of contrasts. Because there the past meets the present, the old meets the new. There are four parts in London: West End, East End, the City and Westminster. West End is the richest part, East End is the part where working people live, the City is the financial centre. The City is small, but it is an important commercial centre of the country. The Tower of London , St Paul's Cathedral are situated in the City. Here we can find the Fleet Street, where newspapers and news agencies have their offices.
Т.: The 1-st task. Fill in the missing words.
1. London is the capital of the Great Britain, its,... economic... and centre. (political, cultural)
2. Its population is more than ... people. (9 million)
3. ... is situated on the river Thames.( London)
4. London was founded by the Romans in 43 A.D. and called .... (Londinium)
5. ... was built by William the Conqueror who conquered England in 1066. (The Tower)
6. There are four parts in London: ...,..., the City and Westminster. (West End, East End)
7. West End is ..., East End is the part where working people live, the City is.... (the richest part, the financial centre )
8. The Tower of London , St Paul's Cathedral are situated ....(in the City)
9. Here we can find ... , where newspapers and news agencies have their offices. ( the Fleet Street)
10. Here is situated the Tower.... ( of London)
T.: I'd like your work well done listen to the information about the places of interest in London and to be ready to do the task.
London is the capital of England. It's one of the most interesting cities in Europe. London stands on the river Thames, (si №1)
There are a lot of sights places of interest in London.
1. You can see the Tower of London from the river Thames. It's very old. This place has a long and cruel' history. It isn't just one building. It has a history of blood - the blood of men, women and children. Now the Kings and the Queens of Britain don't live there, (si.2)
2. Buckingham Palace is the place where British kings and queens live when they are in London. When the Queen is inside you can see the flag over it. Important visitors often go to this place. They meet Queen Elizabeth and the royal family there. A lot of tourists go to visit this place. They stand outside and see the Changing of the Guard, (sl.3)
3. The Houses of Parliament stand beside the river Thames. You can also see them from Westminster Abbey. The country's leaders speak at this place. The famous clock Big Ben stands near them. (si.4)
4. Tower Bridge is one of the famous bridges across the Thames. It was built in 1894. It's next to the Tower of London. It opens and ships go up and down the river Thames, (si.5)
5. Hyde Park is the property of the royal family. It is famous for its outdoor entertainments and its Speaker's Corner. On a Sunday morning you can make a speech about something you believe to be very important, (si.6)
6. Trafalgar Square is a place where different meetings take place. In the middle of this square there is Nelson Column, (si.7)
7. London Eye is also known as the Millennium Wheel, is the tallest (the diameter of the wheel, or its height, is 135 metres (443 ft) ) Ferris wheel in Europe, and has become the most popular paid tourist attraction in the United Kingdom, visited by over 3 million people a year.
8. London Zoo world's oldest scientific zoo. It was opened in London on April 27, 1828, and was originally intended to be used as a collection for scientific study. It was eventually made open to the public in 1847. Today it houses a collection of 755 species of animals, with 15104 individuals, making it one of the largest collections in the United Kingdom,
9. It is often colloquially referred to as Big Ben, which is'actually the nickname of the main bell housed within the tower (formally known as the Great Bell)
10. St. Paul's Cathedral. The cathedral is one of London's most visited sites. It was build in 17 th century. It has Whisper gallery.
11. Westminster Abbey, is a large, mainly Gothic church, in Westminster, London, just to the west of the Palace of Westminster. It is the traditional place of coronation and Burial site for English and later British monarchs. It briefly held the status of a cathedral from 1546-1556.
12. London's National Gallery, founded in 1824, houses a rich collection of over 2,300 paintings dating from the mid-13th century to 1900 in its home on Trafalgar Square. The collection belongs to the British public and entry to the main collection is free, although there are charges for entry to special exhibitions.
Т.: The 2-nd task. Listen to the following texts and match them with pictures which are on the blackbord.
1.You can see it from the river Thames, (the Tower of London )
2. It's the place where British kings and queens live when they are in London. ( Buckingham Palace)
3. They stand beside the river Thames, (the Houses of Parliament)
4. It's one of the famous bridges across the Thames. (Tower Bridge)
5. This park is the property of the royal family. (Hyde Park)
6. It's a place where different meetings take place. (Trafalgar Square)
7.It is also known as the Millennium Wheel. (London Eye)
8. It was originally intended to be used as a collection for scientific study. (London Zoo) Т.: Now, we have a rest.
Т.: The 3-d task. Listen to my statements and say if they are true or false.
1. London is far from the river Thames. (F)
2. Most London parks are free. (T)
3. London is a very old city. (T)
4. The Tower of London is a residence of the British Queen. (F)
5. London Eye is a famous London theatre. (F)
6. Tower Bridge is the only bridge in London. (F)
7. Nelson's Column is in Trafalgar Square. (T)
8. London Zoo is in the Tower of London. (F)
Т.: The 4-th task. You have to do the test about London sights. You have 2 minutes.
1. London stands on the river...
2. London Zoo is in ...
a. Hyde Park
b. Regent's Park
3. Big Ben is...
a. a palace
b. a bell
c. a square
4. You can see Speaker's Corner in ...
a. St. James's Park
b. Green Park
c. Hyde Park
5. The country's leaders speak in ...
a. the Houses of Parliament
b. Big Ben
c. Buckingham Palace
6. Whisper Gallery is in ...
a. Westminster Abbey
b. St Paul's Cathedral
c. Buckingham Palace
7. The statue of Peter Pan is in...
a. Regent's Park
b. St James's Par-k
c. Kensington Gardens
3. Подведение итогов
Т.: I'm very pleased with your results. You show good knowledge of London sights, you show you can read, listen and speak English well. All of you are clever Thank you for your work, Good Buy!
Номер материала: ДБ-278334
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|